Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Sony should make a deal with Disney to buildup its MCU

bear1318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok I see it like this Sony is real limited with Spider-man as the only character they can do a movie with. True they also got Venom and Black Cat But they still gonna need more characters to have an cinematic universe that can put out at least one movie a year. Sony may not have that depth of characters but Marvel/Disney do, in fact the got more than they ever use. Lets face it most of these characters are gonna stay on the shelf forever then some like Punisher, Daredevil, Heroes for hire and etc may not be used for 10 to 20 years. Cause Disney is really in the Avengers business not the Marvel business. Cause ppl wanna see Ant-Man, Black Panther, Vision, Doc Strange on the screen way more than Luke Cage or Daredevil. Plus They fit better into The Avengers line up. Personally I think punisher or Moon Knight would do better with spidey as to hanging with Cap, Tony or Hulk. I know Disney won`t give up Daredevil or Luke cage but at least let sony get some of their lesser known character who marvel ain`t go use.And in return Disney get to use Spider-man in the Avengers team up movie with sony still having rights to spidey in standalone films and other Sony MCU films.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@bear1318:

This isn't going to happen. They are multi-billion dollar companies, of course they won't make deals like this.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RedLantern23

Never ever gonna happen. Why would Sony let Spiderman be in the Avengers, a movie worth hundreds on millions of dollars, for the movie rights to a bunch of B list characters that might not even be successful?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@bear1318:

1: This isn't going to happen. They are multi-billion dollar companies, of course they won't make deals like this.

2: Fox also owns X-Men, and it's a huge franchise.

All of this plus

3. Spider-man by himselfhas all ready made over 3 billion dollars including the last trilogy and the TASM - and they all ready have at least 3 more ASM movies planned. By himself Spider man can compete with the entire MCU. Fox won't share him.

4. Ant-Man is all ready confirmed for 2015 release. Also heavily rumored is a Doctor Strange movie for Marvel's "Phase 3". I'd be willing to bet both Black Panther and Ms Marvel come into play sooner or later because Marvel will want racial and gender diversity.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Look as much as I'd love to see all of them on screen, it just won't happen!!!! I think people need to be glad we've got an Avengers movie franchise at all!!!!! If anything I'd prefer Sony to make a deal with Fox to get Spidey in their new F4/X-Men universe. And besides, Spidey has always been a loner at the heart of his character. Personally I will always believe he works best as a character when people mistrust and thinks he's a criminal. If anything I'm hoping that it goes back to that after Superior is over with, though I'm hoping the hero community will find out what happened so he's not royally screwed on all sides.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Screw Sony, and disney. Lets face it they don't suck, but they aren't the right people to handle marvel. Sony is only good for spiderman cartoons like spectacular spiderman but Disney isnt good for anything. Stay with marvel studios.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Screw Sony, and disney. Lets face it they don't suck, but they aren't the right people to handle marvel. Sony is only good for spiderman cartoons like spectacular spiderman but Disney isnt good for anything. Stay with marvel studios.

You do know Marvel Studio's is owned by Disney. MS is a sub section of Disney, and that's what the OP means.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@paperdemon said:

You do know Marvel Studio's is owned by Disney. MS is a sub section of Disney, and that's what the OP means.

Yah i mean disney shouldnt own marvel and marvel should be by itself.

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope to god spiderman is in avengers 2. I just hope they do it right!

Waveslasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should. But probably not

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.