Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter's soul and my idea OMD, superior.

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
    deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So this is not a prediction it's just an off-my mind idea for Peter's return, so this goes like this:

So when Mephisto took Peter and MJ's wedding during One More Day, he said it would take away a part of their soul, my idea is that that since Peter is "DEAD", (probably not a shock) he would be reunited with that part of his soul and remember both realities. That's why when he gets back, there would be this part of him that just wants MJ so much more since theoretically he's been married to her.

Bokkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weren't Mj and Pete the only two that remembered both realities ?

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
    deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They remember that peter revealed his identity but not their wedding.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt they'll do that. I doubt they'll ever address the cost to Peter's soul of making a deal with the devil or all the holes in it's his history now. I think they'll just ignore it and any critiscisms about it until people forget it's there. Kinda like neuropathy.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@muhabba said:

I doubt they'll do that. I doubt they'll ever address the cost to Peter's soul of making a deal with the devil or all the holes in it's his history now. I think they'll just ignore it and any critiscisms about it until people forget it's there. Kinda like neuropathy.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darthfury78

I always felt that the situation that led to OMD was Mephisto's own handy work. He had to create those circumstance that led to the Kingpin putting a contract hit on Peter by making him reveal his identity to the world. Otherwise, why would Peter be stupid enough to reveal his identity to the world anyway when he knows that his enemies would come after him? To me, the real reason why Mephisto wanted to offer a deal to Peter to save his Aunt May's(who wasn't really dying to begin with) was because he needed Peter's soul to unlock a door that leads to a weapon that he could use against the Gods. In my opinion, Peter should never had made a deal with Mephisto to begin with because his gifts comes at a price. I was counting on Peter being dead sooner or later and his soul finally going to Hell as part of Mephisto's plan.

Peter's soul will remain in Hell until it finds a way to escape.

In the Pre-OMD universe, if Peter had turned down Mephisto's offer then it's likely that Mary Jane and Aunt May would have been killed. In addition, Peter Parker would probably be put on trial and sent to jail from a corrupt judicial system and have his spider-powers removed. This would be another of Mephisto's tactics until he gets what he wants.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: I thought the deal was their love, as corny and stupid as that sounded. He didn't want their souls, because the deal they made was righteous and helped someone else, so torturing his souls would have been perversion of sickening to him, I don't know how demon rules work.. I mean when he died in what 699 he went to heaven, and Ben sent him back to fight. He wouldn't just go back to hell now?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@darthfury78: I thought the deal was their love, as corny and stupid as that sounded. He didn't want their souls, because the deal they made was righteous and helped someone else, so torturing his souls would have been perversion of sickening to him, I don't know how demon rules work.. I mean when he died in what 699 he went to heaven, and Ben sent him back to fight. He wouldn't just go back to hell now?

Then why was the Rhino in Heaven when it was revealed that he's still alive. And why was Silver Sable in Heaven when Madam Web told Peter that she didn't die?

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt that the situation that led to OMD was Mephisto's own handy work. He had to create those circumstance that led to the Kingpin putting a contract hit on Peter by making him reveal his identity to the world. Otherwise, why would Peter be stupid enough to reveal his identity to the world anyway when he knows that his enemies would come after him? To me, the real reason why Mephisto wanted to offer a deal to Peter to save his Aunt May's(who wasn't really dying to begin with) was because he needed Peter's soul to unlock a door that leads to a weapon that he could use against the Gods. In my opinion, Peter should never had made a deal with Mephisto to begin with because his gifts comes at a price. I was counting on Peter being dead sooner or later and his soul finally going to Hell as part of Mephisto's plan.

Peter's soul will remain in Hell until it finds a way to escape.

In the Pre-OMD universe, if Peter had turned down Mephisto's offer then it's likely that Mary Jane and Aunt May would have been killed. In addition, Peter Parker would probably be put on trial and sent to jail from a corrupt judicial system and have his spider-powers removed. This would be another of Mephisto's tactics until he gets what he wants.

Any of what you just said would have made better story telling than what we got. The only person who was "in-character" in that story line was Aunt May in a coma.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

Then why was the Rhino in Heaven when it was revealed that he's still alive. And why was Silver Sable in Heaven when Madam Web told Peter that she didn't die?

Oh they are alive now? What issue did I miss? I thought they both drowned together.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.