Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Parker Industries 2016

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Does anyone here who has been reading ANAD Amazing Spider-Man think there is too much negativity regarding Parker Industries? His staff are saying he's screwing stuff up a lot, and people are ungrateful for what he does at times, like the people he saved from the Goblins in Africa, and the turmoil caused from Pete firing Sajani wasnt good. I want to see more positive stuff for PI especially as we're 7 issues in now. Not saying it needs to run perfectly but at least have a balance.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By amazingfantasy

@currentthor2015: Agreed. It looked pretty sweet company in the first issues but it keeps getting messier as time passes.

SpideyJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me the Parker Industries shtick was cool in theory, but been pretty boring in execution. I was hoping Slott would at least focus on Peter doing science and tech stuff rather than being a semi competent business man running a company with a terrible human resources department (considering all the iffy employees he has on payroll). I seriously hope this changes with the coming issues, cuz I'm becoming less and less interested in ANAD Spidey with every new issue

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zarius

@currentthor2015 said:

Does anyone here who has been reading ANAD Amazing Spider-Man think there is too much negativity regarding Parker Industries? His staff are saying he's screwing stuff up a lot, and people are ungrateful for what he does at times, like the people he saved from the Goblins in Africa, and the turmoil caused from Pete firing Sajani wasnt good. I want to see more positive stuff for PI especially as we're 7 issues in now. Not saying it needs to run perfectly but at least have a balance.

"Awkwardness' that seems to be the mission statement for Slott's take on the premise. In the letter pages of the latest issue, Nick Lowe comments that even HE can't relate to what's going on, but the key to the story is that Peter is not even comfortable with what goes on, which ultimately reflects badly on him as it influences the perspectives of his staff. It's supposed to make you think "yeah, it's the usual Parker hang-ups", but when you're reading a title expecting a guy with a lot of success to constantly fail to live up to standards...that's not the message you should be sending. Especially when Peter can and has been portrayed by other writers in this era as more assertive.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be a bit more fleshed out or given more positive traction. Whatever happened to Parker Particles? Shouldn't he be rich of that?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't remember any of his staff saying that he is screwing up. But I agree that the Parker Industries parts of the book should be more positive.

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: My bad, the part about them saying he is screwing up was from Spider-Man/Deadpool #1 and it was Anna Marie

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: please don't even bring those ridiculous things up. We're all better off just forgetting all about that.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyjj said:

For me the Parker Industries shtick was cool in theory, but been pretty boring in execution. I was hoping Slott would at least focus on Peter doing science and tech stuff rather than being a semi competent business man running a company with a terrible human resources department (considering all the iffy employees he has on payroll). I seriously hope this changes with the coming issues, cuz I'm becoming less and less interested in ANAD Spidey with every new issue

It could be a bit more fleshed out or given more positive traction. Whatever happened to Parker Particles? Shouldn't he be rich of that?

Yes and yes. Please @danslott, listen.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just hope that he keeps the business. if they reboot this, i will be sick. to me it just life as usual for peter. remember peter isn't that experienced a ceo. he is making rookie mistakes. it was the same thing when he first became a hero. he was a know it all. it took him awhile to become the spidey we all know and love. it would be kind of dumb for him to just become this great ceo over night. at first i hated it, but it makes sense when i think about it. also, it's the series is only 6 issues in. they can't show everything in this small amount of time. i am pretty sure if they continue this they will flesh out everything. this story line has been great in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59847e5816856
    deactivated-59847e5816856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully it get's better. I believe Parker Industries has the potential to turn out great.

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: I want it to last too, but I have a bad feeling they will retcon this as soon as the next Spider-Man movie comes out, the same way how when TASM2 released, Superior Spidey ended and Pete came back, and how Steve is now getting young again just in time for the Cap 3 movie, its a shame, because if they take Parker Industries away from Peter, he can only go downwards in progress, this is easily his highest point so it would just be depressing.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully it get's better. I believe Parker Industries has the potential to turn out great.

i think peter is just going through growing pains. he has this huge company plus the added burden of being spiderman. doc oc even failed doing both during his superior run. that's why i don't get the people complaining that this is all due to otto. he failed miserably. the company was in ruins. the turn around was all peter.

Avatar image for deactivated-59847e5816856
    deactivated-59847e5816856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.