Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

New To Comics Need Help!

royloyola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey! I want to get into comics and want to read The Amazing Spiderman. I'd just want to know where I should start so I wouldn't get lost. Thanks in Advance!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

You can start with JMS's run,and then.....its when Spidey comics become a bit more mature than before...

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By MrArrogant

You should pick up the "Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time" Collection from Dan Slott, it's not too highly priced for the content you get, and from there you can go on to read stories such a Spider Island, and the rest of Slott's brilliant run. (Yes I'm including Superior Spider-Man, as I actually read the book rather than mindlessly hate it like most of the comic book community)

Avatar image for thegenericmister
    thegenericmister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By thegenericmister

I know its not the book you are looking for but if you want a great starting point for spider-man I'd recommend ultimate it has the best writing out of any spider-man comic.

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I know its not the book you are looking for but if you want a great starting point for spider-man I'd recommend ultimate it has the best writing out of any spider-man comic.

seconded. Especially if you liked the new movie, it's got the same sort of tone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.