Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

NEW! NEW Ulitmate Spider-Man Animated Series Trailer

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

Was the last trailer not enough to get you excited for the new Spider-Man animated series? Just in case, Marvel has got you covered!

Watch the full trailer for "Ultimate Spider-Man" showing off new villains, new suits, and new allies! Don't miss the series premiere inside the Marvel Universe block on Disney XD April 1 at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT!

What did you think? The constant joking doesn't cease, and I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing! The Iron Spider suit will be making an appearance as well as, what seems to be, a copy of Hawkeye's motorcycle. Did you catch the glimpse of Agent Coulson? What did you think of the SHIELD approved web-shooters?

Marvel also released some images along with descriptions of the villains. Associate Producer of the show, Harrison Wilcox, discusses what to expect of some of the villains in the series:

Doctor Octopus

No Caption Provided
    “Doctor Octopus is actually the design that we’ve played with the most,” remarks Wilcox. “He’s not the fat guy with a bowl cut. Before the series begins, he’s suffered a horrific injury and can’t use his arms or legs. He’s essentially atrophied to the point where his metal arms have to do his work for him. His suit acts as an iron lung, and he can’t survive outside of his suit.
    “He works for Norman Osborn. He’s sort of subservient to Norman, but at the same time has his own agenda. He’s more about the science at the beginning of the series, and then as we get further along, the more he interacts with Spider-Man, the more obsessed Ock gets with capturing and eventually attempting to kill him.”

Doctor Doom

No Caption Provided
    “Doctor Doom is a little bit different in this series,” says Wilcox. “We’re earlier in his continuity, if you wanted to compare him to the comics, because he isn’t the evil super villain yet. He’s a dictator, but he’s not living outside the law, he has an embassy in New York, and the first time Spidey and his gang meet him, they’ve actually gone to Latveria, so they’re the aggressors in the situation.
    “He’s not a magician yet in our series. He’s just about the suit and the tech and the Doombots and all the fun of that. But he definitely is the biggest bad in the universe of ‘Ultimate Spider-Man.’”

The Trapster

No Caption Provided
    “The Trapster is sort of Spidey’s go-to villain for the beginning of the season,” reveals Wilcox. “He’s not the intelligent inventor from the comic with a bag of tricks. On the show he’s all things glue gun. In this series, every time he and Spidey have fought, they make a big mess everywhere, and that’s sort of a catalyst for Nick Fury recruiting Spidey.”

Venom

No Caption Provided
    “Venom actually has a completely new origin that we think the fans are really going to like in the series,” teases Wilcox. “I can’t really tell you too much about it without spoiling, but the symbiote has a link to Oscorp.”
    “There’s an evolution to the suit in our series. It starts out in a more as a goo form, and then it becomes closer to the actual suit and continues to evolve further into something kind of frightening.”

This seems to be a show of the training that would've taken place if Peter Parker wouldn't have died in the Ultimate Universe. With some alterations here and there somehow fitting into its own animated universe. I'm skeptical but awaiting the premiere nonetheless. What about you guys?

Ultimate Spider-Man will premiere inside the Marvel Universe block on April 1 at 11:00am ET (9:00am PT) on Disney XD!

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @Geo_sorathekey

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

looks too "kiddish" for my taste....I think I'll skip it

Why does he need a mortorcycle anyways??

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

Did he just turn into toast.......yeah I'll pass

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

After watching it again, I'm getting a little annoyed at the whole "ULTIMATE Spider-Man" deal Fury keeps going on about, I get it that it's the name of the show but it just sounds silly how they explain it. The web-shooters look cool I'll admit, and I'm also not sure how I feel about some of the character designs like Doc Ock and Electro (I'm guessing that was him...or Living Laser? O_o).

I'm also starting to agree with other about Drake Bell being the voice for Spidey, at first I was okay with it but the more I hear it the more it just doesn't like Spidey to me...

Hopefully this show will change my mind once it airs, I like the animation and WANT to like the show...but so far it's become a 50/50 for me, could be good or bad at this point. =/

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @BlackArmor said:

Did he just turn into toast.......yeah I'll pass

LOL
    Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pacperson

...... :( Not liking what I'm seeing. *Waits for Avengers Season 2*

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sora_thekey

@War Killer said:

After watching it again, I'm getting a little annoyed at the whole "ULTIMATE Spider-Man" deal Fury keeps going on about, I get it that it's the name of the show but it just sounds silly how they explain it. The web-shooters look cool I'll admit, and I'm also not sure how I feel about some of the character designs like Doc Ock and Electro (I'm guessing that was him...or Living Laser? O_o). I'm also starting to agree with other about Drake Bell being the voice for Spidey, at first I was okay with it but the more I hear it the more it just doesn't like Spidey to me... Hopefully this show will change my mind once it airs, I like the animation and WANT to like the show...but so far it's become a 50/50 for me, could be good or bad at this point. =/

I agree. The ultimate line is being overplayed... Like you I really want to like it but I continue to be skeptical. It seems like Marvel/Disney is really trying to cover a whole new corner of Spider-Man stories. That's good! Yet, the execution is what worries me.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:

@War Killer said:

After watching it again, I'm getting a little annoyed at the whole "ULTIMATE Spider-Man" deal Fury keeps going on about, I get it that it's the name of the show but it just sounds silly how they explain it. The web-shooters look cool I'll admit, and I'm also not sure how I feel about some of the character designs like Doc Ock and Electro (I'm guessing that was him...or Living Laser? O_o). I'm also starting to agree with other about Drake Bell being the voice for Spidey, at first I was okay with it but the more I hear it the more it just doesn't like Spidey to me... Hopefully this show will change my mind once it airs, I like the animation and WANT to like the show...but so far it's become a 50/50 for me, could be good or bad at this point. =/

I agree. The ultimate line is being overplayed... Like you I really want to like it but I continue to be skeptical. It seems like Marvel/Disney is really trying to cover a whole new corner of Spider-Man stories. That's good! Yet, the execution is what worries me.

The irony is that Ultimate Spider-Man, the comic, isn't even ABOUT Peter Parker anymore so I'm wondering this show might mess some new readers up. I wish they would have done like with Spectacular Spider-Man where they took bits and pieces from both mainstream and Ultimate Spidey (along with bits from the movies) and meshed them all together into one Spider-Man while also adding in their own little bits and twists.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sora_thekey

@War Killer said:

@sora_thekey said:

@War Killer said:

The irony is that Ultimate Spider-Man, the comic, isn't even ABOUT Peter Parker anymore so I'm wondering this show might mess some new readers up. I wish they would have done like with Spectacular Spider-Man where they took bits and pieces from both mainstream and Ultimate Spidey (along with bits from the movies) and meshed them all together into one Spider-Man while also adding in their own little bits and twists.

*sigh* I miss Spectacular Spider-Man. That was definitely my favorite Spider-Man media adaptation...

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By TheCrowbar

@sora_thekey said:

@War Killer said:

@sora_thekey said:

@War Killer said:

*sigh* I miss Spectacular Spider-Man. That was definitely my favorite Spider-Man media adaptation...

I liked the 90's one the most. Probably because of Nostalgia.

"SHOCKER! I"LL FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH! DO YOU HEAR ME!"

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

Awful.

Just awful.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i'll check it out.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By soccersss

He turned into a toast o_o,,,and why does he need all those gadgets. Anyway the show does still show some promise so I'll definitely check it out

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onemoreposter

Looks nice. I give it 3 seasons.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheSheepHerder

That just looks....bad. I'll give it a chance though, but right now I'm not too optimistic on this series.

And I can't get over Bell as Spider-Man. That's a really awful decision.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hectorsquall
    No Caption Provided
    benny12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By benny12344

I really think that this series is not going to last that long, because if spectacular spider-man, in my opinion, was so much better and it only lasted two seasons, I bet this is going to last at least only one season just by looking at the trailer!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @hectorsquall said:
    No Caption Provided
    Believe it or not, I actually don't mind those little bits. I think they help to give a better insight to Spidey's sense of humor.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ReVamp

I'm the only one that liked it?

Alright, let's break this down.

• Iron Spider Suit.
    • Black Panther
    • Iron Man
    • Gadgets and Tech
    • Iron Spider suit.
    • Doctor Doom
    • Espionage Themes
    • Has the whole "getting taught by the best" quirk
    • Iron Spider Suit
    • Nice animation.
    • SHIELD, Fury and Helicarrier.
    • ... I don't know if I forgot to mention the f*king Iron Spider is in this.

Only bad thing is the voice...

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19  Edited By RedOwl_1

Looks like a nutty comedy, nothing really serious I'm going to watch it just because that trailer make me LOL too much

Also It's my imagination or this remake of Doc Ock looks alike what The Batman did to the Riddler?

@sora_thekey said:

Ooooh NOTHING CAN BEAT THAT (at least for my like) That show was important to me I mean that make me love he ^^

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BatteredArmor

@hectorsquall said:

No Caption Provided

HA HA HA HA HA

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:

Awful.

Just awful.

QFT.

ProfessorMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ProfessorMario

I pretty much agree with every upper comment on this page. The "Ultimate" term is being overplayed, comedy looks a bit too cheesy and overly focused, and I just don't like him being paired up with other heroes all the time like in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I really want to like this show though, due to its great animation and the amount of characters appearing, but I'm just a bit worried. I'm just glad to finally have at least a new decent Spidey show since Spectacular Spider-Man, (Best Marvel, no, super-hero show of ALL TIME!) but it wouldn't hurt to have something on-par or even better than it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kidchipotle

@ReVamp said:

I'm the only one that liked it?

Alright, let's break this down.

• Iron Spider Suit.
    • Black Panther
    • Iron Man
    • Gadgets and Tech
    • Iron Spider suit.
    • Doctor Doom
    • Espionage Themes
    • Has the whole "getting taught by the best" quirk
    • Iron Spider Suit
    • Nice animation.
    • SHIELD, Fury and Helicarrier.
    • ... I don't know if I forgot to mention the f*king Iron Spider is in this.

Only bad thing is the voice...

I agree with most of the negative points, made in this thread, but you also bring a lot of light to it as well. Over all, the WORST part, in my opinion, that Drake Bell is the voice actor for spidey. He sounds too whiney and ... ... ... he just isn't a good fit. I can't think of another word to mesh in everything wrong with it.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By ReVamp

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Yeah, the voice is bad, but it isn't so unbearable. Also it has some tone that I don't like, but I think its going to be interesting me more than Avengers to be honest.

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By .Spider-man.

@sora_thekey said:

This!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By Strider1992

I was thinking her this could be ok then 2 things happened:

1. He got a motorcycle........

2. When he was wearing the Stark Armor (which is cool I got nothing against that) he was using repulser blasts and flying like Iron Man...................

Avatar image for thesilverbeatle
    thesilverbeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thesilverbeatle

I'm looking forward to the show. I'm a huge Ultimate Spidey fan so I think it could have been drawn in crayon and I would still watch it... but I guess we'll see! I wonder if he'll die at the end of the show...

benny12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By benny12344

@sora_thekey: I agree with you I miss "The Spectacular Spider-man" sooo much, that show was awesome!!

benny12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By benny12344

@ReVamp: I totaly agree with you, drake's voice is really anoying

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.