Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Mephisto showing up in Spider-Man/Deadpool again

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Does anyone think Marvel are going to do something with OMD soon or are these hints just for nothing?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I asked Brevoort about it, he claimed it was entirely Joe Kelly's idea to follow up on this and it is'nt something the Spider-Office was particularly interested in (the Spidey/Deadpool title exists outside of their jurisdiction apparently), however, he also said it had to go through the proper channels and get approved by the higher-ups, and it's not like he's going to give any kind of game away if it means a sales spike.

With the fact the Renew Your Vows ongoing is bringing the marriage back to the main market, the fact that it will deal with the Parker's lives as if "Mephisto never touched them", the conclusion to Power Play indicating a connection between the RYV universe and the Earth Prime Universe via Peter, MJ, and Regent's "deja vu", and the events of Spider-Man/Deadpool, there is a definite feeling of a much larger storyline at play here that will be addressed in 2017, aka the 10th anniversary of OMD and the 30th anniversary of the marriage.

RYV being launched in the fall of this year also coincides with the 20th anniversary of MJ having her miscarriage at the end of the Clone Saga, and 20 years after the last one, we're getting a new Clone Saga.

There's a lot to consider at the moment than just what goes on in this particular title. Time to start connecting the dots.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Oh yeah I have noticed all the other hints towards OMD in other titles too, but I didnt know about all those anniversary's, thats interesting and I hope it is addressed next year or even this year.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackSuit

I think they will address the events of One More Day in the following months for better of for worse. And I don't think it is exactly because of the anniversary of the marriage in 2017, but I wonder if Marvel wants the marriage and everything else because of Spider-Man Homecoming.

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacksuit: I imagine they would considering Unworthy Thor and dead Banner.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izamanaick: She-Thor and the New Hulk have expiration date, when Thor Ragnarok hit theaters their reign as the main protagonists will be kaput and Thor and Bruce will be reinstated. But, I think that major changes will happens with Spider-Man, the rights still with Sony, but his movies are now produced by Marvel and he is part of the MCU, all merchandising belongs to Marvel, so the comics WILL be affected and if they resolve to vanish One More Day it will be done.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrimeEarth2016

@blacksuit: Really hope they dont remove Parker Industries when the Spidey movie hits.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primeearth2016: The idea of Peter becoming a gazillionaire and fighting villains through out the world is not a bad concept, but the execution is very bad and I particularly want Spider-Man back to New York cleaning the streets from thugs. I believe also that he will lose the company soon or later, however if it happens I want Peter to end with dignity, not being called the incompetent CEO nerd loser that lose his company and now have some job that barely pay his bills.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@blacksuit said:

@primeearth2016: The idea of Peter becoming a gazillionaire and fighting villains through out the world is not a bad concept, but the execution is very bad and I particularly want Spider-Man back to New York cleaning the streets from thugs. I believe also that he will lose the company soon or later, however if it happens I want Peter to end with dignity, not being called the incompetent CEO nerd loser that lose his company and now have some job that barely pay his bills.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was told a few months ago by someone "You actually believe they'd permanently remove the marriage? One of their best and most marketable things to come from Marvel? No, they planned this from the beginning. They take it away, bring it back and the cash comes in."

...from everything that is happening within Marvel, I think he's right.

OMD is listed one of the WORST comics ever created and with 88% of readers wanting the marriage back, if they return it and make it into a big event, money will reign down upon Marvel.

Also we don't know where RYV will fit within the Marvel comics. Will it be part of 616 or a new universe all together? They state its a form of Peter that never made the deal with Mephisto meaning this guy has done everything 616 Pete has done prior to OMD. With this deadpool/spiderman teammup they've tempted us with the mephisto talk and the regent dejavu cannot be ignored either. Though Slott and the others say their Peter will still remain single, its not uncommon for the people Marvel to lie or change their minds quick.

Maaaaybe 616 Peter and MJ will realize something is wrong and try to fix it and we wind up with two Peter Parkers in 616. One who is single and running a corporation while the other lives a married life with a small job.

Either way, OMD will be destroyed, whether now or later all depends on what tips the scales more. It could be destroyed quickly with the fact that the MCU crew admitted there favorite comics of spiderman are Ultimate Spiderman and SpiderMan Loves Mary Jane, meaning its a safe bet that Peter's final and permanent romance in the future films will be Mary Jane (they'll probably start with Liz Allen or maybe Betty for the beginning films but will end with MJ). Heck, I'd love in like one of the future MCU films to do the Peter and MJ wedding.

Another option is who shifts power in Marvel. 88% of people want the marriage back. Writers and editors change, and thus there is a pretty high change as the years go by, someone's going to take over and restore everything. It took 30 years for Bucky Barnes to be returned but we all loved it. There is no expiration date on restoration, it just depends on who wants to fix it.

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izamanaick: okay well that solves that mystery...yet they also keep saying its a world where he didn't make the deal and so everyone is going to be like "...That's the real Peter Parker then!!!"

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZariusII

@izamanaick said:

@itsaworld: RYV is alt universe.

The RYV reality has a connection to 616 Peter and MJ, as they vaguely remember the events of the first mini-series in Power Play's conclusion, thus it's more than just an alternate universe.

@itsaworld:I read a theory on the Crawlspace forums that the RYV Parkers are the physical manifestations of the "small part" of Peter and MJ's souls that remember the marriage. Why and how they've been given form is uncertain, but I reckon if that theory is true, it has a lot to do with the One-Above-All intervening much the same as he did during the original Civil War...somehow being "impressed" by how much Peter and MJ were willing to sacrifice and thus gave that part of themselves a fully fledged life with Annie.

I also strongly believe the comic equivalent of "Spider-Man: Homecoming" could indeed be the "homecoming" of the happily married Peter and MJ, either "merging" with the ones in the main reality or sharing the universe with them.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to buy RYV simply because it's Gerry Conway And Ryan Stegman working on it, but I'm generally not a fan of alternate dystopian universes.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZariusII

@magnetic_eye said:

I'm going to buy RYV simply because it's Gerry Conway And Ryan Stegman working on it, but I'm generally not a fan of alternate dystopian universes.

Read what I said above, Marvel want you to think differently about this universe because it may be connected to the main canon.

We also don't know if the reality from the RYV ongoing will neccersairly match the one from the mini-series, it may not at all anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dba458f4f4e8
    deactivated-5dba458f4f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not everyone want MJ and Peter back together half are just happy with the way timeline is playing out.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZariusII

@boss1500 said:

Not everyone want MJ and Peter back together half are just happy with the way timeline is playing out.

Those people have proven time and again to be a distinct (and occasionally dim-witted) minority.

They are content with a Spider-Man who makes pacts with those who act against God

They are content with a Spider-Man who aborts his child to prolong the life of someone who's time has passed.

They are content with Spider-Man acting like a petty and needy man-child who cannot achieve success on his own merits

They are content with a timeline based on altered characterizations and personalities due to corruption by devil magic

They are content with a lie

Peter and MJ have been together foir virtually the whole decade anyway if you knew where to look (MC2, Real Clone Saga, Newspaper strip, RYV), OMD didn't achieve a thing in the end other than make one universe's cast of characters unlikeable, so it's perfectly fair it should be acknowledged as the failed experiment that it has proven to be and move on from it

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrimeEarth2016

@zariusii: Agree but Pete did succeed on his own with Parker Industries, Otto did start it but his branch was destroyed and Peter rebuilt it on his own and with his own tech, not the stuff Otto used so it is his own accomplishment.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZariusII

@primeearth2016 said:

@zariusii: Agree but Pete did succeed on his own with Parker Industries, Otto did start it but his branch was destroyed and Peter rebuilt it on his own and with his own tech, not the stuff Otto used so it is his own accomplishment.

It was implied during the Zodiac storyline something else has been responsible for the rise in PI stock, so no, he still isn't earning jack on his own.

On top of that, I can't really list anything he's done as a "proper" accomplishment because in a reality manipulated by devil magic, you don't really know what is or isn't an achievement. It's all a lie until the deal is undone and the proper reality is restored.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Are you referring to the part where the villain said it was him who put the most stocks in or something? Because if so thats just how businesses work, you get investments by people to help you progress, it is help but you are still responsible for what you have done too.

BlackSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @boss1500 said:

Those people have proven time and again to be a distinct (and occasionally dim-witted) minority.

They are content with a Spider-Man who makes pacts with those who act against God

They are content with a Spider-Man who aborts his child to prolong the life of someone who's time has passed.

They are content with Spider-Man acting like a petty and needy man-child who cannot achieve success on his own merits

They are content with a timeline based on altered characterizations and personalities due to corruption by devil magic

Peter and MJ have been together foir virtually the whole decade anyway if you knew where to look (MC2, Real Clone Saga, Newspaper strip, RYV), OMD didn't achieve a thing in the end other than make one universe's cast of characters unlikeable, so it's perfectly fair it should be acknowledged as the failed experiment that it has proven to be and move on from it

Nailed it.

The deleterious effects that One More Day brought to Spider-Man franchise are enormous. That led to the character assassination of Peter Parker, a superhero don't make spurious deals with a supreme evil entity, no matter the situation. That is the biggest failure Peter had, even bigger than the Death of Gwen Stacey. In ASM 121 he tried his best and didn't saved her for a miscalculation. In OMD he had a huge character failure, he failed with himself. And even worst, the "renewed" version, the "rescued" Spider-Man, the webslinger from the roots can't be more different than the original Spider-Man that conquered thousand through out the years and carved a permanent place in popular culture.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @boss1500 said:

Nailed it.

The deleterious effects that One More Day brought to Spider-Man franchise are enormous. That led to the character assassination of Peter Parker, a superhero don't make spurious deals with a supreme evil entity, no matter the situation. That is the biggest failure Peter had, even bigger than the Death of Gwen Stacey. In ASM 121 he tried his best and didn't saved her for a miscalculation. In OMD he had a huge character failure, he failed with himself. And even worst, the "renewed" version, the "rescued" Spider-Man, the webslinger from the roots can't be more different than the original Spider-Man that conquered thousand through out the years and carved a permanent place in popular culture.

Also, there was a poll done not too long ago with over 5000 people voting. Roughly 88% wanted the marriage restored while only around 11% wanted OMD to remain in effect.

RYV was one of the only Secret Wars Tie-In series to be well known and get reprints cause of its high demmand and popularity. When it was announced, media sites were talking about it that HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH COMICS! The marriage was iconic and needs to be restored along with the last of Peter's dignity as a character.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @boss1500 said:

Your a idiot, so your opinion is worth less than dog doo.

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:
    @boss1500 said:

Your a idiot, so your opinion is worth less than dog doo.

You're* an* idiot.

I'm sure that irony is not lost on you, someone of your intelligence.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZariusII

Thankyou Jimmy for making a spectacle out of yourself and validating everything I and others have ever said about you. I feel good right now.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 SC  Moderator

Hello.

This above is not a good way to address another user. Based on your prior warnings and temp bans, I am now putting you on final warning unfortunately. This means if you break another site rule, insult a user like you do here above, or things like that, you may be permanently banned. So take heed and practice more patience, civility and tact when addressing other users. Thank you.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: said

@boss1500 said:

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ Beautifully said and to the point. ?

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv: said

@zariusii: Pass the popcorn! :P

And the coke. ?

Rob Collier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boss1500 said:

Now, I'm not that much religious, but seeing from multiple scenarios how deals with a demon or shady forces usually end badly. The deal Peter made with Mephisto has made some clear consequences throughout the Marvel Universe. In truth, by the deal, Spider-Man pretty much damned 616 by letting Mephisto take control of reality. But that's just my own two sense.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rob collier said:

@magnetic_eye said:

@boss1500 said:

Now, I'm not that much religious, but seeing from multiple scenarios how deals with a demon or shady forces usually end badly. The deal Peter made with Mephisto has made some clear consequences throughout the Marvel Universe. In truth, by the deal, Spider-Man pretty much damned 616 by letting Mephisto take control of reality. But that's just my own two sense.

I swear I kinda blame everything that has poorly happened in 616 to be a product of the Mephisto deal. Hydra Cap, Civil War 2, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark's adopted, Tchalla's sister, Logan's death, the destruction of the mutants....all of it could be Mephisto.

...tell me, how many people would buy these comics if it was revealed all these things happened cause of the Mephisto deal? And we got a special Marvel Event that ACTUALLY was kinda original after several years of just redoing the same event over and over? An event where they fight the equivalent of Satan and punch him in the dick? Heck! Does anyone really believe Peter Parker would do such a thing? I'm waiting for them to say he was a puppet on a string. Someone MADE SURE he would do it even if it went against his will (kinda like how OMD was against Peter's character and against everything he stood for). Someone did this so Peter would eternally suffer.

...ID THROW MY WALLET AT EM!

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZariusII

So would I. It makes all the sense in the world to have "Marvel against Mephisto" to compete with DC's climax to Rebirth in 2018, where the DC Universe goes up against the Watchmen apparently, as they've been piggy-backing on the idea all the questionable characterizations and failed relationships were due to Dr. Manhattan altering the DC's reality.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zariusii said:
    @izamanaick said:

@itsaworld: RYV is alt universe.

The RYV reality has a connection to 616 Peter and MJ, as they vaguely remember the events of the first mini-series in Power Play's conclusion, thus it's more than just an alternate universe.

@itsaworld:I read a theory on the Crawlspace forums that the RYV Parkers are the physical manifestations of the "small part" of Peter and MJ's souls that remember the marriage. Why and how they've been given form is uncertain, but I reckon if that theory is true, it has a lot to do with the One-Above-All intervening much the same as he did during the original Civil War...somehow being "impressed" by how much Peter and MJ were willing to sacrifice and thus gave that part of themselves a fully fledged life with Annie.

I also strongly believe the comic equivalent of "Spider-Man: Homecoming" could indeed be the "homecoming" of the happily married Peter and MJ, either "merging" with the ones in the main reality or sharing the universe with them.

Do you have scans of Peter and MJ recalling RYV ??

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@zariusii said:
    @boss1500 said:

No Caption Provided

YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!. THIS IS EXACTLY THE MOST PERFECT EXPLANATION OF HOW OMD IS PURE BULL AND HOW BAD EVERYTHING HAS BEEN SINCE. PRAISE BE THIS POST, PRAISE, PRAISE, PRAISE!!!!.

I mean after all the crapstorm MJ and Peter have been through fighting for their marriage and unconditional love (against poverty, against the government, against supervillains, against the very world) they would never in a million years give it up (see Sensational Spider Man Vol 2 Annual 1). The Peter and MJ in OMD are not the real ones, they are fabrications of Quesada who wanted to break them up for no good reason. It was a terribly written story with catastrophic results.

Razorback12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that if RYV outsells clone conspiracy and ASM the people at marvel will get the hint and start working to bring back the marriage. I to this day do not buy ASM and will not buy clone conspiracy but I will for sure buy RYV.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I feel that if RYV outsells clone conspiracy and ASM the people at marvel will get the hint and start working to bring back the marriage. I to this day do not buy ASM and will not buy clone conspiracy but I will for sure buy RYV.

Yes!. That's something every true Spider Man fan hopes for.

They could do an awesome event called Ultimate Evil where it is revealed that the original Civil War (which pretty much turned the Marvel Universe to what it is today, hero vs hero) was instigated by Mephisto. That Nitro was his agent. It is revealed that Mephisto has been involved in every major bad storyline since Civil War and that he's been manipulating EVERYTHING up until the present day which is why the Marvel Universe is the way it is now. Mephisto has some sort of evil plan to defeat the One Above All and has taken precious powers from the heroes (such as Peter and MJ's love from OMD) in order to do so.

Otherwise they could merge Amazing Spider Man and Renew Your Vows to make it as if Peter and MJ refused Mephisto and had Annie in the real Marvel Universe.

Or Spider Man achieves clarity thanks to the One Above All who reveals to him the deal with Mephisto and sends his consciousness back to that moment so he can refuse the devil.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's actually a few discussions I've heard on the web trying to encourage people to immediately buy ASM-RYV when it is released to show Marvel this is what we want. If it gets sold off the shelves, we may have hope...

...Heck, if you wanna be evil about it, one could try to start a movement where people wont buy a single new Spider-Man comic during the month of November unless it is RYV. You could encourage people to do this by explaining the whole history of Marvel and present writers and probably get quite a few people in your pocket.

...in fact, you can just make it an event every year just to piss off Marvel...

Spider-Man No More Month! The month where Spider-Man fans will not pick up a single issue because of how poorly they are treated by Marvel Staff and demand the marriage be fully returned.

If something like that happened and sucessfully worked to get a huge chunk of Marvel buyers to not purchase this stuff, Marvel would either start listening or they will be trying to shoot out FINALLY good story lines for that month.

Razorback12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: I wish a movement would start where people just boycott ASM and especially clone conspiracy for a while until they would get the message. As much as I love the character I have just stopped reading slotts stuff because none of it is what we wanna read. I will no doubt be reading RYV but until the marriage or at least MJ being the love interest returns to ASM I'll continue not to read. And with all the cool things they could do to defeat Mephisto and bring back the marriage I see no reason why they wouldn't. It would be one of the most loved entries in the history of Spider-Man I feel.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ItsaWorld

@razorback12: It's never too late to do something like that. We can actually start a movement like this now. Piss off Slott even more than the twitter rant (Seriously, how the hell are half the Marvel staff still keeping their jobs. They are so unprofessional!).

Also, yeah, someone could say that this would do nothing and Marvel would continue to ignore these things but here's something else if we dive deeper. Marvel is owned by Disney. Disney explains they just handle some of the shows and Movies, they will not really tamper with the comics much and leave it to the Marvel comic heads....buuuuut Disney has to keep up a proper image of themselves. They enforce this kinda family friendly image with a kinda subtle tone of religion thrown in for wholesomeness. They add in action and violence many a time but there's a line they will not tread. If it comes to light to a massive public, that Marvel enforces Satanic deals especially for their mascot/rolemodel heroes as an alternative to a divorce, I am pretty sure Disney would have to stick their head in.

This happens a lot with companies. You just need to know how to alert certain people and what and levers to pull in order for things to finally take action.

Razorback12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsaworld: I would fully support this movement. I have gotten many people on board to buying a copy of RYV when it launches so that it will outsell ASM. I think Disney would be the only people capable of getting through to the Marvel heads to finally fix what is so screwed up about that story and finally make them listen to what fans want. I also think that if Disney were to get involved then they would force slott out seeing that he couldn't produce a good spidey and MJ story. I will be spreading the word of this and maybe a few people will see that this could be the middle finger to slott we need to make him write good stories we actually want.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razorback12: @itsaworld:

I like your ideas very much. It would be amazing if it happened on a global scale. Disney either have no idea or don't care much about the comic publishing side of the business, since they're predominantly involved in film making.

Still I think if fans continuously wrote letters and sent petitions to Disney's head office, someone would have to eventually take notice and maybe a total clean out of the NYC office could take place.

I know several people who stopped buying ASM after #700, myself included and who are going to buy several copies of RYV. I've ordered two copies for myself, but as far as I'm concerned Slott needs to go. You can't make someone incapable of writing good stories write a good story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.