Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Marvel Heroes MMO

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@flameboy298: It's not boring if you ignore that a lot of stuff you already know!

About Supervillian secret identities,his personal relashionships....character deaths.....i know all that too,but if you read it,only for knowing the character deeply and better,than it'll get your attention....like it does to me.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Awesome 2 hour preview....(watch as much as you can,it's cool!)

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

Awesome 2 hour preview....(watch as much as you can,it's cool!)

We get hrs of gameplay Saturday and Sunday :D! I I hope you checked your e-mail yesterday,because we recieved more G's.Good thing too...because Im tired of using Iron-Man...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By PunyParker

@flameboy298: Yeah i saw....i have a Q....we will have the heroes we "bought" at the final game?....i have 3 heroes already,and with these G's i'll buy Deadpool and a suit for Spidey!

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: Yeah i saw....i have a Q....we will have the heroes we "bought" at the final game?....i have 3 heroes already,and with these G's i'll buy Deadpool and a suit for Spidey!

No,we wont unfortunately.But im sure the CB testers will be compensated for testing...Atleast I hope so.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@punyparker: Just got invited to the Closed-Beta Weekend. Was going to redeem it when I came across this.

Spider-Man Premium Pack

Come with.....

Big time, Ben Scarlet Spider, Classic, Modern, FF, and Ben Riley Spider-man.

No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good stuff

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Ninjablade09

Tried the Beta, and it's pretty good. Had some lag, and I'm not the biggest fan of the navigation.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So has anyone installed the full game yet?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#161  Edited By reignmaker

I did. I have to be honest, it doesn't feel that impressive. The combat/animations aren't as fluid and impressive as Diablo 3. The skill trees and drops aren't anything to write home about either (see Torchlight 2 for a game that nailed that). Overall, a very "meh" experience. It's cool to play as DD for like 10 minutes but then you realize there are 5 identical DD characters in the immediate area and the only way you can differentiate yourself is spending real money on a costume. Otherwise, you look EXACTLY the same.

Hoping they can patch up the game to better standards. If you're Marvel fan, I'm sure there's some stuff here to entertain. But as someone who's very familiar with the type of genre (ARPG) this game purports to be a part of, I'm bummed.

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By inkBot

I played through the opening mission with Daredevil. Like Reignmaker said, meh. The combat system is basic at best and clumsy at worst. The fight with the Green Goblin, although not hard in the slightest, had moments where you couldn't avoid attacks at all (no biggie since you're given like 10-15 medpacks throughout the level and none of the other threats warrants their use). All in all, the fight was not designed very well. Looking at the powers screen, the amount of powers, or variation, is very limited. Probably to accomodate the amount of heroes that are in the game, aka quantity over quality.

Since it's a F2P game, first thing I did after trying out the starter mission was checking the game store. Or at least tried to, it was broken when I tried. So I came back later and checked. the lowest amount of "G" you can buy is 500 G for $4.99. The popular heroes to buy; Spidey (who I wouldn't buy, since I'm still on Spidey boycott), Deadpool, etc. are 2000 G. So, to get one hero (other than the starters), you have to spend at least 10$ (cheapest hero is 600 G) to upwards of $20. Or you can grab the insane DLC packs from Steam which are around $104 (that is converted from the 79.99€ on the european Steam), and get several heroes (at least I think you do, the content of the packs aren't explained very well).

So, from a first look perspective, I wouldn't continue playing (unless some of my friends REALLY wanted to play) nor would I suggest it for people. The previously mentioned Torchlight 2 is a far superior title.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are your names in-game,to make you friends!?!

Mine is "Keine"....before you laugh,"Kaine" isnt allowed cause its a Marvel name,and PunyParker isnt an MMO name,and i didnt want to show who my fav hero is,cause its a multi hero game....if i took Spidey from the start,then maybe....

@ninjablade09 I saw an AndyParker running around....if its you,i'm totally winning the lottery!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Sadly no, I'm UltraKnight (NinjaBlade was taken)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Havent finished downloading the game yet, being super slow on my computer. At 24%. But probably, Daredevil as a starter, and might either get Spidey, or Iron man first.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: "First"?.....dide....heroes are rare drops.....really rare...you have 5 starters DD,Thing,Hawkeye,Scarlet Whitch,and Strom...

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: Wait you cant buy them like in the beta. That blows.

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By inkBot

Yes you can. Both Iron Man and Spider-Man cost 2000 G each, so 20 bucks. The store is unlocked once you've done the introductory mission AFAIK. Possibly earlier.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By PunyParker

@ninjablade09: Nope....you have 0 GP

I mean you can with actual money,but it doesnt give you any GP from the start,like in the Beta.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Lame, I liked being able to buy him in game from the start. 33% now. AWSOME!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: It isnt something fenomeal....take out the heroes and its an average MMO....Marvel makes it "special"

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Well at least I'll get to hear my favorite Spider-man voice actor.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Oh....what i have gotten myself into.........You mean Josh Keaton!...repeat after me!...J O S H K E A T O N

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09: Oh....what i have gotten myself into.........You mean Drake Bell!...repeat after me!...D R A K E B E L L

Okay, repeat after you, D R A K E B E L L. Drake Bell. And no I'm not on drugs.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Shame on you......

Bell is kinda good,but no,he's not Josh.... Keaton is Spider-Man.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: Josh is great and all, one of the best Spidey's out there but their is something about Drake's voice that I like better. I just wish he was working on a better show. I haven't watched Spec Spidey in awhile so I'm not sure, but Keaton's voice didn't seem to show enough emotion, like when there was a scene when he was supposed to be sad, it felt like he was just talking. With Drake, I can hear the sadness in his voice, the hate the anger. I do however think Josh nailed it when Spider-man was worried. Ad now I feel like I'm talking to a Kevin Conroy fan boy that cant accept change. "KEVIN IS BATMAN!". To be the best Batman is Bruce Greenwood.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Josh is great and all, one of the best Spidey's out there but their is something about Drake's voice that I like better. I just wish he was working on a better show. I haven't watched Spec Spidey in awhile so I'm not sure, but Keaton's voice didn't seem to show enough emotion, like when there was a scene when he was supposed to be sad, it felt like he was just talking. With Drake, I can hear the sadness in his voice, the hate the anger. I do however think Josh nailed it when Spider-man was worried. Ad now I feel like I'm talking to a Kevin Conroy fan boy that cant accept change. "KEVIN IS BATMAN!". To be the best Batman is Bruce Greenwood.

I cant accept that Keaton had no emotion and Bell has.....thats just not true,Keaton was loved for this particular thing....you "saw" things in his voice!

The truth is,that i dont hate Bell.....the show isnt his fault,and other than that,in Marvel Heroes and in Avengers:EMH he was good,because of the script.......but i cant accept these stuff about Keaton

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

I cant accept that Keaton had no emotion and Bell has.....thats just not true,Keaton was loved for this particular thing....you "saw" things in his voice!

The truth is,that i dont hate Bell.....the show isnt his fault,and other than that,in Marvel Heroes and in Avengers:EMH he was good,because of the script.......but i cant accept these stuff about Keaton

Again, I said I wasn't sure because it's been so long since I watched Spec and the only other times I've heard Keaton within the last few months is in Edge of Time, so I could totally have been wrong.

But opinions are opinions and we don't have to agree. :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: So your name in MH is Keine. That's funny.

Still wish this game was like DC universe online where you just create your own hero. Honestly you could just make them mutants and they are trying to find their place in the world meeting iconic Marvel heroes and villains.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By PunyParker

@ninjablade09: Nah,i like choosing heroes that exist.....Spider-Man,Iron-Man,Wolverine,it is awesome playing with them!

Whats with the Brucy avatar?!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I've used Spidey to much for my Avatar, and the other night I was watching that The Batman show from 2004 (favorite batman show) and decided since Bruce is my second fav hero use him as an avatar.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Awwww,how cute!.....NOW CHANGE BACK TO PETER SOLDIER!!

Damn Slott.....you make people change their avatars!!....THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#187  Edited By reignmaker

@inkbot: Yeah, I think they're going to have to bring the prices down eventually. They're probably cashing in on hardcore comic fans at the moment. For as much as the developers praised the League of Legends model, they sure didn't follow its more reasonable pricing model.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: You mean the children that are growing up with Ultimate Spider-crap, and maybe SpOck. The only thing worth calling Spider-man is Andrew Garfield but a lot of people hate his character and the movie as well.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: We want it or not,the only true Peter is Garfield,now....the other Parker is Ultimate,and it's sad......Superior is boggus,and even Ultimate isnt Pete....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I know.

Things almost done downloading, this thing takes for ever on my slow laptop. I'm UltraKnight playing Daredevil most likely, and feel free to stop me and say hi viners. :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Alert me when you're playing ,to make ya a friend!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone surprised by this.

No Caption Provided

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: About to play right now actually. Loading up the game currently. I'm playing as Daredevil, just have to do the first mission.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone surprised by this.

No Caption Provided

No.Iron-DowneyJr is the best selling Dysney character right now....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Not going to be able to play right now, got some personal stuff I got to deal with. Will probably play in like an hour, or tomorrow.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By PunyParker
    Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: How is that game heard good things about it?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: How is that game heard good things about it?

It's awesome.....if you're into 1st person shooters,along with a compelling story,it is your game.....i find it awesome and interesting!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By PunyParker

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.