Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Venom in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2?'

• 77 results
    Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Bushwhacker_

Electro, Rhino, and Venom?...Nah. I don't see that happening. Maybe teasing Venom in a post credits scene, but that's it.

Xerdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Xerdek

It's the Goblin Serum, as the symbiote's back story has already been establish in the games: which directly ties into the movies. In the video game, the symbiote is a substance gathered from a fallen OsCorp satellite, and was bonded to the in-game Scorpion to enhance its natural powers. After the Scorpion was defeated, the symbiote escaped. Plus, the "14" is (as has been already said) a reference to the issue which in which the Green Goblin first appeared in.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By TheHeat

Um, those are doors to a morgue.

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By WWAJfan

Eddie or Flash should be Venom, no one else

BlackPan1her

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55  Edited By BlackPan1her

@TheHeat said:

Um, those are doors to a morgue.

That's exactly what I thought.

krexxxx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By krexxxx4

@ArtisticNeedham: I'm not saying I'm an expert on all things Electro, but I don't think Electro can carry a whole movie to himself as the main antagonist. He's always been more of a second tier villain in my opinion. I agree with you though too many villains will royally screw up the movie, but from what I see they're setting it up for a potential six movie series, despite them saying they only wanted a trilogy.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By evilvegeta74

@tbpinkfloyd said:

Looks like the doors to the slabs in a morgue to me.

Death of Gwen anyone?

This!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Illuminatus said:

Is going to to have a similar reaction to this...

You're right. His future version of himself would travel back into the past (our present), and declare that he arrived at the movie theater to spectate the film.

Excellent observation.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Electro and Rhino in Amazing Spiderman 2... Then I think Green Goblin in Amazing Spiderman 3, which leads to Gwen's death and Peter meeting MJ.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

@krexxxx4: I could see them taking the Electro character, who has never really had much going for him besides his powers and being a bad guy (not like Osborne or Ock who had a real personality) and crafting one for the film. Having Jamie Fox play a second tier villain doesn't make sense. So I am assuming they will use the freedom of his personality being somewhat under developed to create something. I heard Fox said he is playing this super genious who (I can't remember) has a dark side or something. So Fox will be playing around with it. I just think creating Electro, then creating the Rhino, and/or possibly creating Venom, while maintaining the story of Peter as Spider-Man, Peter and Gwen, the Aunt May story not becoming forgotten, and bringing MJ in, and Harry Osborne, thats an awful lot to focus on and not much film to do it all. So even if Electro isn't more than I second stringer I cannot see them focusing on more than one bad guy.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Seems a tad premature to do that, wouldn't you say? I mean I love Venom and all but it just seems too soon to introduce Brock into the mix.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By chocobojam

As long as its not Doc Ock or green goblin, anyone is fine with me.

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Crash_Recovery said:

No.

It's early in the game for them to make the mistake of trying to cram two major villains into one film. Just no.

Well, a lot of superhero films have more than one villain in them now.

Batman Begins: Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, Mr Zsasz cameo.

Dark Knight: Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow cameo.

Dark Knight Rises: Bane, Talia Al Ghul, Scarecrow cameo.

All the X-Men films

Batman Returns: Penguin & Catwoman

The terrible Spider-Man 3, Daredevil & Schumacher Batman films

Avengers: Loki & the Chitauri

Thor: Loki & The Destroyer

Even Superman II had Zod, Zod's buddies & Lex Luthor.

There are a few more examples.

Plus, Rhino & Electro are not exactly major villains for Spider-Man.

Shadowmyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Shadowmyst

I really want Gwen Stacy to be dead in this movie. Not because I hate Emma Stone but because her character's death is really needed to be done.

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By BritishMonkey

Didn't they have Harry as Venom in Ultimate Spider-Man?.... This won't end well.

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheHulk

@BritishMonkey said:

Didn't they have Harry as Venom in Ultimate Spider-Man?.... This won't end well.

Hulk actually liked Ultimate Spiderman show. Sure, it not absolute masterpiece, not even close, but still fun show to watch when bored. Hulk do it sometimes.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By PaperDemon

I hope because I didnt really care for the venom in spiderman 3. Ultimate Venom is my favorite one.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I think they should avoid Venom for a while.

spikehellhound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By spikehellhound

@Ninjablade09: yeah but the amazing spiderman video game is canon to the first film so technically venom is already introduced remember he was using the hybrid scorpion(AKA mac gargan) as a host and when spiderman fights him he beats him and when scorpion is put in the truck the symbiote leaves off him searching for a new host and also rhino was also in the game and its unknown if hes still alive on the website it says status:unknown...so its not known if rhino is dead or alive last we saw of him he was pushed in an electric something and on the website it says he hasnt been seen since so rhino is already introduced but not electro so thats good but if they put rhino then it would be after he fell in the electric thing as for venom it would be while he left scorpion and is searching for a host and maybe he has scorpions abilities and powers? since instead of spiderman his first host was scorpion in the amazing spiderman universe

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Matchstick

If they're going to do Venow, they better get it right this time. None of that scrawny Eddie Brock garbage. Brock better be a bigger dude, and Venom should be much bigger than Spider-Man and look like something HR Gieger would come up with.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Ninjablade09

@spikehellhound: The thing about the game is, it takes place months after the movie, and I think in the summer. This movie is supposed to be like weeks after the first. So you never know.

spikehellhound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By spikehellhound

@Ninjablade09:

oh i didnt know that. hmm well in the game when you first encounter rhino spidery said its rhino or siomething he somehow already knew who he was, wait no nvm that was second time i think first is when quen is showing you the cross species genetics thing and one is rhino isnt peter like what is that or something and if the game is canon to the movies and according to you the 2cnd is earlier than game and rhino is in it i wonder why peter was like whats that. also in the game venom is first discovered by doc ock while hes working for oscorp to make the scorpion stronger he puts venom on him but that was venoms introduction i think but who says venom is in 2cnd movie right? so yeah he might no be in 2cnd so yeah that would be his first introduction if hes not and in the VENOM movie maybe hes searching for a new host after scorpion and he finds eddie but then he would have scorpions powers right? wait does the venom movie take place after or before the game? must be after since game was hios first introduction and carnage wasnt their so yeah. anyway what are youre thoughts on EVERYTHING i just posted the rhino thing and the venom thing and everything else bro im asking cause i think you have good idea

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By Ninjablade09

@spikehellhound said:

@Ninjablade09:

oh i didnt know that. hmm well in the game when you first encounter rhino spidery said its rhino or siomething he somehow already knew who he was, wait no nvm that was second time i think first is when quen is showing you the cross species genetics thing and one is rhino isnt peter like what is that or something and if the game is canon to the movies and according to you the 2cnd is earlier than game and rhino is in it i wonder why peter was like whats that. also in the game venom is first discovered by doc ock while hes working for oscorp to make the scorpion stronger he puts venom on him but that was venoms introduction i think but who says venom is in 2cnd movie right? so yeah he might no be in 2cnd so yeah that would be his first introduction if hes not and in the VENOM movie maybe hes searching for a new host after scorpion and he finds eddie but then he would have scorpions powers right? wait does the venom movie take place after or before the game? must be after since game was hios first introduction and carnage wasnt their so yeah. anyway what are youre thoughts on EVERYTHING i just posted the rhino thing and the venom thing and everything else bro im asking cause i think you have good idea

Ya I think Peter said when he first brings Connors to the apartment he is watching the apartment for the summer. So I think the game isn't cannon like most movie games but what ever. I hope the Venom thing is a tease for a forth movie if they don't kill Gwen in this one. Again I think the game isn't cannon but, I might be wrong for all we know in ASM Peter could have been a junior which makes the most sense if the game is cannon.

Kid_Nacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@krexxxx4 said:

@ArtisticNeedham: I'm not saying I'm an expert on all things Electro, but I don't think Electro can carry a whole movie to himself as the main antagonist. He's always been more of a second tier villain in my opinion. I agree with you though too many villains will royally screw up the movie, but from what I see they're setting it up for a potential six movie series, despite them saying they only wanted a trilogy.

Electro isn't a top tier villain but Jamie Foxx is one heck of an actor so he may add some credibility to the character. I'm starting to worry about the amount of characters getting thrown into the mix, but hopefully they'll all get a fair amount of development

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they have shown everyone cast wise except venom. I think people see one thing and they freak out and post rumors like crazy...
    they see a black lense and they assume peter gets his black symbiote costume in this movie...basing it on literally NOTHING but a black lense...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom will probably be in the third film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.