Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17241 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Ultimate Spider-Man (Cartoon) as bad as everyone says it is?

• 170 results
    FiguredOut95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FiguredOut95

I love Avengers earths mightiest heroes and Spectacular Spider-Man .... Ultimate Spider-Man has Bendis and Paul Dini working on it sounds perfect, but it got slammed so i did not watch it, is it worth my time??

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

US is decent but its story is a bit boring! It's a kids cartoon, as opposed to YJ which everyone can enjoy watching it.

Alchemax_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Alchemax_7

I love A:EMH and Spectacular Spider-man as well but sadly both were cancelled. A:EMH is now being replaced by Avengers Assemble and there's Hulk: Agents of smash coming out as well which for both I'm not too sure as to what to expect from them at the moment. Ultimate Spider-man is alright, I don't mind sitting through and watching it but it's far below standard of greatness that was deemed Spectacular Spider-man. Go check it out though but don't have your expectations too high.

FiguredOut95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FiguredOut95

@Alchemax_7: Yeah its a sin A:EMH and Spectacular Spider-Man got cancelled .... Jeph Loeb just cant stand to see people happy.

Alchemax_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alchemax_7

@FiguredOut95: Once last year I watched the entire 2 seasons of Spectacular Spider-man on Youtube in good quality (720p at least) over a day and a half. Woke up at 5:00am, but when I finished watching I was sad. If the show was to continue and there was no more episodes at that time. I would've been glad to know there was more coming BUT... I wasn't. Same with A:EMH just as it was getting even better It's gone. If only it wasn't so. (Sorry if my story was boring).

@Squalleon: Young Justice is amazing!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@FiguredOut95 said:

I love Avengers earths mightiest heroes and Spectacular Spider-Man .... Ultimate Spider-Man has Bendis and Paul Dini working on it sounds perfect, but it got slammed so i did not watch it, is it worth my time??

Its not as bad as i used to think but its not great.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By TheCowman

I rather liked it.

It's definitely more of a comedy show than recent superhero cartoons, but I found that to be a nice change of pace. The action's still good and I thought the jokes were pretty funny as well. Plus it's nice to see the comedy aspect of Spiderman make a return since it's been a bit scarce in both the comics and on-screen.

Its a different type of show from stuff like Justice League and Avengers, so be aware of that going in. But its still a fun little show and I'm glad its gotten picked up for a second season.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Squalleon

@Alchemax_7 said:

@Squalleon: Young Justice is amazing!

Indeed!

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Onemoreposter

@FiguredOut95: It's definitely not bad, it's just not serious. It's a very light hearted and easy going show. It's much more comical than it is dramatic. Rarely to you feel any sense of urgency or danger surrounding the principle characters. I think if you understand all that going in, you're likely to enjoy this series.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By PunyParker

The art is good.....the rest....NO!

Its written for KIDS SPECIALLY!! i cant blame 'em,but i cant like it either...

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mk111

Its not so much that Ultimate Spider-Man is an awful show. Its more that its awful when compared to pretty much any other modern comic-based animated show. That, and the humor can be beyond stupid.

But you may as well watch it so that you can judge it yourself.

FiguredOut95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FiguredOut95

@Alchemax_7: Yeah I did near the same, I watched both series on YouTube laying in bed at night when I couldn't sleep on my phone over the course of bout three nights good times.

Mastercodex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mastercodex

It has good art work and I like how they had the villains appear in different ways then originally designed, but the actual story line is pretty weak and the jokes make Spiderman act like Deadpool the entire time.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

@Squalleon:

Haven't watched Young Justice yet. Only modern cartoon I watch is the new GL series. Watch a lot of Spectacular Spider-Man and Batman TAS/BTNA as well.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

Its kind of like crack, you know its bad for you but you just keep watching, but you feel ashamed of yourself afterwards

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Squalleon

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

@Squalleon:

Haven't watched Young Justice yet. Only modern cartoon I watch is the new GL series. Watch a lot of Spectacular Spider-Man and Batman TAS/BTNA as well.

definetely watch YJ its great!

SS was awesome!

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

@Squalleon:

SS was indeed a great show. Didn't like the theme song, but that can be fixed by watching this before every episode instead of the intro.

mariioow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mariioow

@joshmightbe said:

Its kind of like crack, you know its bad for you but you just keep watching, but you feel ashamed of yourself afterwards

This is pretty much what I felt after forcing myself to watch a few episodes.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PunyParker

Spectacular Spiderman had everything awesome....voice acting=fantastic,writing=awesome(damn,Weisman!!)

i dont watch till they make a mature SPiderman show,like SS or some of the fantastic Batman Animation....

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JakeN7

@TheCowman said:

I rather liked it.

It's definitely more of a comedy show than recent superhero cartoons, but I found that to be a nice change of pace. The action's still good and I thought the jokes were pretty funny as well. Plus it's nice to see the comedy aspect of Spiderman make a return since it's been a bit scarce in both the comics and on-screen.

Its a different type of show from stuff like Justice League and Avengers, so be aware of that going in. But its still a fun little show and I'm glad its gotten picked up for a second season.

This

It's nowhere near as bad as people say and I rather enjoy it.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By PaperDemon

Its awful. "Nuff said"

- Stan lee

batfan1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batfan1939

It's the the Weekenders starring superheroes and the Teen Titans "goofy anime" moments.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

Yes.

It is that bad.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I can't say I'm a fan...at all.

ALFMutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ALFMutant

Ultimate Spider-Man gets the same hate people had towards Batman The Brave and The Bold except this time, it is more justified. When this show was running, many people were complaining about the silly tone it had and the way Batman was portrayed in these goofy adventures. But it was more an homage to the silver age, we had great team-ups with many different heroes, great humor and great voice-acting

Ultimate Spider-Man doesn't have anything worth watching right now, personally, I can't stand the ''stop the action , there is a joke right now'', Spider-Man breaking the fourth wall all the time. It would have been more appropriated to have Deadpool instead of Spider-Man as the main character.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TerryBogard2014

I think The animation is top notch but they blow it with the weak sauce story lines.not really following the U comic line.and what we get are episodes that fall flat.It felt like he had to keep on learning to trust his team over and over again >>.and like others have said.the stop times when he breaks the forth wall or has some kind of scrubs day dream flash tend to get annoying.Although i did find that one flash in the captain america episode funny

0:48

Overall I find it disappointing But im not its target audience and every now and then i see something midly funny to me so its whatever.That new Avengers Assemble cartoon there working on better not be Like this though or i'll really be saddened

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By growup

yes it is that bad

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By symbiotic

I enjoy it. It's not strictly based on any particular Marvel reality, although it does borrow heavily from the ultimate universe. It's certainly not a serious show and it's meant for kids, but it's fun and it has some pretty funny moments.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@PunyParker: Am I the only person in this world that really really enjoyed watching Spiderman Unlimited? Do I have to pay a visit to a doctor for this? About Ultimate Spiderman...hm hm hm hm hm...that's all.

Avatar image for roguejuggernaut
    RogueJuggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RogueJuggernaut

It is a kids show and no need to get hyped up about it because it is not worth watching.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PunyParker

@Phaedrusgr: No no....i really didnt had any particular problem with Spiderman Unlimited.....

As about Ultimate,i think things are clear....

Executive Producers:Joe Quesada Joeph Loeb.....and Creative Consultant:Paul Dini ......Clearly all the Bat-guys are here to ruin Spider-man!....( :P )

But seriously,why is DC animation is going GREAT (Young Justice,Dark Kingh Returns,and im sure the new Batman show will be great too...) and Marvel is pointing on the kids audience?

Avatar image for macabre_machinations
    Macabre_Machinations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ultimate Spider-man is a wasted opportunity the animation is nice but the enjoyability just isn't there which is a shame they could have just adapted the USM book

As things stand if Young Justice is a 10, then USM is a 3

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@PunyParker: It's a bat-conspiracy then! And what can we say about Quesada? Definitely he's been bat-washed against Parker, that's why he's been chasing him in every universe.

Warner Bros got the message really soon. No need for childish animations. On the other hand, Marvel's disney-fication won't be very helpful...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PunyParker

@Phaedrusgr: Yeah....just for that i started Spectacular Spider-Man again!! its the 4th time i watch it and its still AWESOME.....shame,really....

Moving on to Season 1 Ep.2!

Alchemax_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alchemax_7

I loved the scene from season 2 of Spectacular Spider-man where the villains are at the opera, and they proceed to fight and opera music is playing in the background. Pure awesomeness.

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vaccine

First off, Spectacular SM was insanely good. The art may be average but story line-wise, it is untouchable (IMO). I was deeply saddened to hear that season 2 would be its last and not even a full season, mind you.

*sigh*

For it to be replaced by Ultimate SM makes the whole situation even worse than it already is. The new show is catered to kids so, I can't say whether it's bad or not since it's not even made for my genre.

If only they could make Ultimate without cancelling Spectacular. Right now, the only animated superhero series that I'm keeping tabs on is Young Justice. Hopefully, that doesn't share the same fate as Spectacular SM. :\

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PunyParker

@Vaccine:

Awesome show....excellent voice-acting,awesome story/dialog....average art,but noone cared for that.....like noone cares about the geat Ultimate art,cause the show is awful....

Young Justice,is written by Greg Weisman,Producer and writer of Spectacular,so,of cource its good!....

And this:

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vaccine

@PunyParker: Oh wow! I did not know that. Thanks for the info. My love for both shows have just increased significantly. :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PunyParker

@Vaccine: its a really,really,REALLY big shame,it got cancelled.....i still hope we get a 3rd season somewhen....

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's decent, but truly nothing special. The fact it's coming after and even taking over for Spectacular Spider-Man certainly doesn't help the show any. I've found that this interpretation tends to focus on the comedy aspect, more than a little to much. To the point that it's annoying and i'll be tempted to just stop watching. That being said some of the character portrayals are pretty cool.

DaemonTheDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By DaemonTheDemon

it's a complete insult to spider-man. Marvel is doing this on purpose and they don't care what the consequences are.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Ninjablade09

Well in an interview, I think it was Jeph loeb, said if the second season does bad, US will be cancelled and replaced by a different Spidey show. Hopefully as good as Spectacular and the 90's show.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By GunGunW

No.

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vaccine

@PunyParker: You're not alone in that thought, my friend. Perhaps one day....:\

sumafatrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sumafatrider

marvel are crazy why did they cancel spectecular spider and all the other good marvel animation series like wolverine and the x men

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#47  Edited By Teerack

It's not very good at all sadly.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Ninjablade09

@sumafatrider said:

marvel are crazy why did they cancel spectecular spider and all the other good marvel animation series like wolverine and the x men

because they spend too much time on there movies

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Earth616

Its ok

sammystorm75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sammystorm75

They wanted to make it diffrent from the other spider man cartoons and most of them were pretty dark at major story arcs while this not really i hope they will realize that they made a big mistake for doing this and they might have a chance to change their mind to replace ANOTHER one or change it little to little every episode.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.