Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is there any chance of them rebooting Spider-man again?

• 72 results
    tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By tomlikesfries

@Superguy0009e: Lol, I didn't say that. It was danhimself. I just agreed haha.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Dayvid3

Well they get to save on script writing. Every time they reboot we get to sit though what 1/3 of the movie being the origin story again?

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By Superguy0009e

@tomlikesfries: Sorry, but my point still stands.

InfinityAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By InfinityAce

Casting is a matter of opinion can't really change that. Amazing was greater then most of he trilogy and, I can't wait to see what they do with the second one. Can you quit with the whole "he rode a skateboard he's no nerd" thing. They although could have reinforced the fact that Pete is a good kid but, made up for that with showings of intelligence and witty phrases. Can't see why it gets so much hate from the op. 10$ says your nostalgia goggles are on a little to tight. Just kidding but if this movie and the original story switched places alot more people would side with amazing.

Cat_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cat_Savage

@tomlikesfries said:

@danhimself said:

I really do think that people look at the Raimi trilogy with rose colored glasses....the only good casting choices were Aunt May and Jameson...the rest of the cast was horrible....Spider-man was horribly written in the trilogy with not one single wise crack....the Green Goblin was a reject from the Power Rangers and horribly overacted by Dafoe....MJ was just a plain bad casting choice...the second movie was ok but not nearly as good as everyone makes it out to be and the third was just bad

while Amazing Spider-man was by no means a perfect movie it was definitely a better portrayal of Spider-man than the Raimi trilogy and I feel like it could only get better with time

Agreed on every single damn point.

Me, as well.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By SoA

@Superguy0009e: i could respect that , its much better than "it sucked because it sucked " as everyone else said i enjoyed for at least 5 resons i can think of :

1. it delved somewhat into peter's past , instead of uncle ben and aunt may exist , bam uncle ben dies, now im spidey it showed more of their relationship. surrogate father/surrogate son.

2. Gwen Stacy which means this franchise (if done right) will take a turn for the worse and Gwen will die at the hands of green goblin, which already has been established with the mention of Norman Osborn

3. a different villain(s)! most reboots do a different take on past villains , ASM gives us the lizard and the next will give us electro (more ultimate than 616 , hopefully), change can be good

4.seeing a skinny little guy as peter / i can't believ this great hero is only 15 yro

5.they have shown that he is a genius and that science is his life , forgive me but for those that feel he was a pretty boy , i gotta ask , how insecure are you???

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FiMFTW

Amazing Spider-Man was awesome.

You can have your reboot once we've seen Andrew Garfield fight his way through Spidey's entire rogue gallery.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LastOblivion

I like the new movie (And prefer it over the trilogy) for many reasons. And the new franchise has a very high potential to be even more amazing.

But a reboot? Only if it's from Marvel, I'm sure they'll be able to an even better Spider-Man film. Any other case, NO.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MrShway88

@danhimself: Dafoe was, is, and will always be awesome

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MrShway88

@TheCannon said:

The original trilogy was awesome. There was no need to reboot it after Spider-man 3. I loved 3, but there's a lot of hate for it for some reason. Instead of just looking at the mistakes they made in 3 and fixing them in 4, they decided to reboot it. Fine. But when you have something as good as the original three, and reboot it with that complete sh*t called The Amazing Spider-man, why can't we just pretend it never happened? Superman, Batman, and Hulk hit rock bottom for their movies and they got rebooted. Well, Spider-man has now hit rock bottom. Is there any chance this will be rebooted?

"...I loved 3..."

"...I loved 3..."

Your argument is invalid.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#61  Edited By TheCannon

@FiMFTW said:

LOL. Trolling.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FiMFTW

@TheCannon said:

@FiMFTW said:

LOL. Trolling.

No, seriously, I thought it kicked ass.

Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I really hope so that ams movie sucked so much!!!!!,

Bokkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Emo Parker Trilogy or the Romcom..... Ill pass, really hated them all as a big Spidey fan.

As Marvel said to Sony before, give us back the rights and will show you how to make a good spider-man.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Spider-man 2 is the best Spider-man movie at the moment. Second would be Amazing Spider-man, but I have to agree the cast for both films were bad, but i'm kind of leading more towards the original cast. Tobey was a pretty good fit for Peter Parker in my opinion for not for Spider-man, although he did bring the build of Spider-an perfectly in the first film and second and third film he started gaining more weight which Spidey's a pretty skinny guy. Also Spider-man did have many wise cracks in the original trilogy, but they were really corny and campy most of the time, but you could still feel the spidey-ness if I can say that. Amazing Spider-man had the same thing and it was spot on, but some times you it felt like Andrew was being a douche. Also to fix Spider-man 3 all you had to do was take out the dancing and fix up Peter's hair and not kill venom or not even introduce him yet. If they did that we wouldn't have a reboot and we'd all be ok :)

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By flameboy298

It was okay IMO,Probably will be rebooted in the near future though OP you'll probably be 30 or 40 by then >:D

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razero said:

There wasn't anything wrong with ASM. It was certainly a major improvement on that god awful third film.

Awful 3rd film? You do know it made more money than the titantic, avengers, and the dark night rises? It was epic.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me crazy, but they could go the SS route and not kill Gwen. Not every comic book movie has to recreate arcs from the books.

They could you know, go a different direction? Or would that be spider-heresy?

Anyway, I greatly enjoyed ASM for reasons I won't disclose unless asked.

Also, the people trying to throw their opinions around as fact amuse me greatly.

Is there a cult spiderial with a god emperor of spider kind fighting against the ASM heresy?

Are you the loyal space marines sent forth to purge the different, the casual, and the non-fan?

Seriously, it's a well liked movie that is a reboot of the also well liked trilogy. No need to start declaring Exterminatus.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
    Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick31898: Gonna need three different reliable sources to check that claim out buddy.

Bloxxeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not. As much as I liked the Raimi films, TASM is a better retelling of the comic-books!

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Vaccine

Well, I really liked TASM and prefer it than the previous trilogy.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@vaccine said:

Well, I really liked TASM and prefer it than the previous trilogy.

Agreed. I never liked any of the original trilogies for much more than the fact that they were the only Spiderman movies I could watch. TASM finally solved that.

Even though the topic is 8 months old, I will say Sony will never relinquish the rights to Spiderman. He's too popular of a character (Marvel's single most) and too successful a one to ever give up.

We all ready have at least 4 total TASM movies planned, whether they do more or not I don't know, but I do know that they will either reach a point where Garfield doesn't want to play Spiderman any more, or the studio will want to go in a new direction and Spider man will be rebooted. I believe the contract Sony has with marvel states that they must have a Spiderman movie in production at least every 5-7 years or they relinquish the rights to them - hence why they rebooted the originals because they couldn't get things rolling (mostly because of money/greed I believe).

Thats why Marvel recently re-acquired characters like Punisher, Daredevil, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.