Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Is Superior Spiderman a deconstruction?

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

Look, this topic is more divisive among the Marvel Fandom than most anything (Well, I guess Marvel having Bendis writing 'Marvelpoint' might be more so....)

But think about it: in the 90's the idea of an anti hero was very, very popular. They tried to replace most every hero with darker, edgier versions of themselves, and it backfired.

Financially

But is Slott perhaps writing about how this would have failed INUNIVERSE?

SpOck is loosing everything Peter had gained as he goes darker and edgier on everyone. MJ, the Avengers...this is a big take that to everyone who thinks that heroes who have never killed, Should kill.

This is a deep look into how people would react to such a change if ever Superman, Batman, Spiderman and others who adheer to this rule very strictly were ever to change.

They have an image...and what happens when they go against it? That is the theme of Superior, from my P.O.V anyway

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Clearly the point of this arch is too get it so when Parker comes back everyone hates him, this way he has to deal with a familiar adversity he used to have in his early days where no one trusts him, Spidey will have to slowly build back his street cred after this.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I can't recall where or when but I'm pretty sure that I've read Slott say that this whole thing is to get people to realize just how awesome Peter is....I haven't slept in two days though so I could be making that up without even knowing it

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@danhimself: Realize how awesome he is? How? With #9? I think I'll pass...I know how awesome Peter is and that's why I want him back or say it even better, I didn't want him to go, not even for a while.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By PunyParker

I can't recall where or when but I'm pretty sure that I've read Slott say that this whole thing is to get people to realize just how awesome Peter is....I haven't slept in two days though so I could be making that up without even knowing it

Dude,i totally know that feeling......

It isnt a deconstruction,it's a story of Peter Parker,you want it or not.It's a Parker luck story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.