Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

I must know: why do people like Spider-man so much?

• 108 results
    panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Personally I lost interest in Peter a few years ago. I loved him growing up but not anymore.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panther21:

@king_nomarch said:

Personally I lost interest in Peter a few years ago. I loved him growing up but not anymore

I wholeheartedly agree. I can't relate to the current counterfeit version at all. It isn't the same Peter Parker. He is being written in such an OOC manner that he's no longer a formidable powerhouse in his own right. There's an over reliance on tech and others to save him.

What's happened to the indepedent, mature & intelligent super hero who got things done successfully without the aid of others???

There is no sense of plausibility and engaging attributes to Spider-Man in 2016.

Where once his enhanced agility & physical strength, spider sense, intelligence and minimalistic tech was enough to take on street level foes up to big cosmic hitters and win, is now not good enough.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more that is wrong with sloppy bland Spider-Man.

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I envy his powers. I appreciate that hes actually someone id chill with cuz hes not a douche, he has awesome villains, and I think hes hilarious.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panther21:

@king_nomarch said:

Personally I lost interest in Peter a few years ago. I loved him growing up but not anymore

I wholeheartedly agree. I can't relate to the current counterfeit version at all. It isn't the same Peter Parker. He is being written in such an OOC manner that he's no longer a formidable powerhouse in his own right. There's an over reliance on tech and others to save him.

What's happened to the indepedent, mature & intelligent super hero who got things done successfully without the aid of others???

There is no sense of plausibility and engaging attributes to Spider-Man in 2016.

Where once his enhanced agility & physical strength, spider sense, intelligence and minimalistic tech was enough to take on street level foes up to big cosmic hitters and win, is now not good enough.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more that is wrong with sloppy bland Spider-Man.

Again where is this coming from.

He relied on everyone back in the day. He needed to be trained by Cap because he was a sloppy and poorly unpolished fighter, he needed Ironman and Reed to do things his own mind couldn't comprehended, he relied on Wolverine to encourage him to face his fears in battle, he was always way in over his head and used cowardly tatics of distracting enemies against each other, Thor made him Jealous when MJ swooned over him, Daredevil bailed his ass out in a fire fight when searching for the kingpin, and finally he relied on tony finacially because Johan fired him and couldn't bring him better honest pictures. Peter pre omd was a "loser"! "LOOOSSSERRR!!

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By kcomicfan

@spideyryan said:

Well, here are a few reasons:

1. Spider-Man's intelligence. He shows us that power is not just physical power. He utilizes his intelligence to overcome odds that his powers can't solve, which is always nice to see. Plus, who doesn't love cool spidery suits, and gadgets?
    2. Everyone of us has a choice. We can choose to stray down the wrong path, or be better, doing the right thing. With great power there must also come great responsibility.
    3. Instead of letting his guilt consume him, Spider-Man remains optimistic, using his past mistakes as a constant reminder as to why he can and will do better.
    4. The humor is simply amazing. Ranging from distraction, awkward situations, the parker luck, Spidey comics always, at least most of the time, have funny scenes that are just great to see.
    5. Spider-Man never gives up on anyone. His motto: Nobody die, no one, we must believe that even those who have committed crimes, can one day improve, and do their part for society. As ridiculous as it is, it is what makes Spider-Man great, something which kids can and should aspire to.
    6. Kinda relates to the previous point, but perseverance. Spider-Man never gives up, in some cases, his willpower is strong enough to overcome staggering odds, which is in itself pretty cool.
    7. The action, his powers. I would be lying if I didn't mention this. Favorite battle to date is against the Kravinoff family during Grim Hunt.

Note: I guess relatability is a huge factor to some Spidey fans, but it isn't a huge factor for me.

I agree with you 100%.

Spider-Man is a morally right, heroic, intelligent and funny character. And the books use of gadgets, action and humour has always been good (especially in the last 8 years where the character has shown himself to be funny, powerful, successful and capable of solving problems using his intelligence )

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He's relatable, we (or most) know how hard it is to balance your life and take care of the ones you love.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By LpnQ

You've just named the reasons why half the people like him, because they can relate with him.

Crickel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like spiderman for one thing he is relatable,he is compassinate hero, his sense of humor, smart, talented dispite what his boss says, and for the fact that he tries to find balance in his chaotic life.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crickel said:

I like spiderman for one thing he is relatable,he is compassinate hero, his sense of humor, smart, talented dispite what his boss says, and for the fact that he tries to find balance in his chaotic life.

But he's never reliable where it counts, and thai imo is the mark of a true superhero, someone who is always dependable.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crickel said:

But he's never reliable where it counts, and thai imo is the mark of a true superhero, someone who is always dependable.

Where does it count? And who do you consider a true hero?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.