Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

How fast can Spider-Man run?

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Matezoide2

5 mph? 10? 20? 50?
      anyone knows?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

I admit I don't know that. The thing with Spider-Man is that he usually prefers to travel by web.

Emerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Emerald

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that he could run like 45-55 miles per hour.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Your average person in decent shape can run 5 mph easily. I hope Spidey can top that. LOL
    Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Matezoide2
    @Emerald said:

" If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that he could run like 45-55 miles per hour. "

interesting,thanks Emerald

@Jake Fury said:

" Your average person in decent shape can run 5 mph easily. I hope Spidey can top that. LOL "

i am not familiar with USA's mph,feet,so i wasnt aware of this
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Matezoide:
    Ahhh...well a meter is equal to 3.28 feet. There are 5,280 feet in our mile. Sooo...a mile is about equal to 1600 meters.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By nightwing91
    @Matezoide: I thoguht I remember him running 60 mph, faster then cars but only in short sprints. And he easily tops that web slinging.
    BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleHeiz

60 mph

StriderX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StriderX
    @BattleHeiz said:
    "  60 mph "
    yeah that's right. However I wonder if Iron spidey could run at 120mph? He was in class 20 and was more agile, durable and the likes.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By spidey 15
    @StriderX said:
    " @BattleHeiz said:
    "  60 mph "
    yeah that's right. However I wonder if Iron spidey could run at 120mph? He was in class 20 and was more agile, durable and the likes. "
    Maybe! 
    =]
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I read 60 as well
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crusader8463

Faster then a speeding bullet. Wait....

BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BattleHeiz
    @spidey 15 said:
    " @StriderX said:
    " @BattleHeiz said:
    "  60 mph "
    yeah that's right. However I wonder if Iron spidey could run at 120mph? He was in class 20 and was more agile, durable and the likes. "
    Maybe! =] "
     No iron spidey was able to glide and turn invisible and all like that but he wasn't able to run 120mph and normal spidey could lift 25t
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spidey 15
    @BattleHeiz said:
    " @spidey 15 said:
    " @StriderX said:
    " @BattleHeiz said:
    "  60 mph "
    Maybe! =] "
     No iron spidey was able to glide and turn invisible and all like that but he wasn't able to run 120mph and normal spidey could lift 25t "
    These were the powers that the suit granted him. Also he was faster so i wouldn't count out the possibility of running 120 mph. And normal spidey can lift 10+ tons. Other spidey is the one who lifts 25. 
    =]
    BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BattleHeiz
    @spidey 15: 616 spidey is capable of lifting 25t and read this

• Spinnerette/Stinger Access Ports: Through development of nano-crystal growth topology, this suit grow numerous configurations. It allows full interface from any surface, independent of occupant when necessary, and due to this design ports auto dilate to allow organics to pass. This includes Spider-Man's natural Webbing and Stingers.
    • Waldoes: The Iron Spider Armor possessed three mechanical spider-arms, or "waldoes," created from rapidly grown mono-atomic iron alloy crystal. These could be used to see around corners (via cameras in the tips) and to manipulate objects indirectly. When in the stowed position, the arms remain within the gold "circle" on Spider-Man's back. These arms are rapidly grown at the rate of 90 inches per second, Hollow construction allows for all material to be stored within the small back-mounted pack, and the command for growth is achieved via fast neural net-detection and amplification. The waldoes even have small grippers at the tips working as pseudo fingers.
    • Glider Device: It could glide via mesh webbing on its arms. The pseudo web form is a biodegradable filament generator. This allows for controlled gliding. Near invisible gossamer filaments extend for 20 meters- rapid growth and detachment.
    • Enhanced Chestpiece: A foamed titanium nitrile fabric chestpiece has body contoured and articulated panels to support the occupant. The chestpiece contains the highest concentration of Kasimir Plate Batteries-- nano-scale power generating devices that exploit "zero point" energy. Can generate 1.2kWatts at peak demand.
    • Mask Filter: A self-cleaning electrostatic precipitation system allows for full Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Filtration. It also had an 8 minutes worth compressed air capacity, which helped in situations underwater.
    • Enhanced Lenses: The Headpiece contains large area holographic lensing to allow for long eye-relief and panoramic real-world/-time viewing. Includes several optical spectrum modes with synthesized information overlay.
    • Constituent Costume Containment: Part of the costume could detach itself to cover an object too dangerous to touch, such as a radioactive asteroid.
    • Multifunctional Layers: The Iron Spider Armor has a total of 17 layers throughout its workings, with each performing a different, separate and important function.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spidey 15
    @BattleHeiz said:
    " @spidey 15: 616 spidey is capable of lifting 25t and read this

• Spinnerette/Stinger Access Ports: Through development of nano-crystal growth topology, this suit grow numerous configurations. It allows full interface from any surface, independent of occupant when necessary, and due to this design ports auto dilate to allow organics to pass. This includes Spider-Man's natural Webbing and Stingers.
    • Waldoes: The Iron Spider Armor possessed three mechanical spider-arms, or "waldoes," created from rapidly grown mono-atomic iron alloy crystal. These could be used to see around corners (via cameras in the tips) and to manipulate objects indirectly. When in the stowed position, the arms remain within the gold "circle" on Spider-Man's back. These arms are rapidly grown at the rate of 90 inches per second, Hollow construction allows for all material to be stored within the small back-mounted pack, and the command for growth is achieved via fast neural net-detection and amplification. The waldoes even have small grippers at the tips working as pseudo fingers.
    • Glider Device: It could glide via mesh webbing on its arms. The pseudo web form is a biodegradable filament generator. This allows for controlled gliding. Near invisible gossamer filaments extend for 20 meters- rapid growth and detachment.
    • Enhanced Chestpiece: A foamed titanium nitrile fabric chestpiece has body contoured and articulated panels to support the occupant. The chestpiece contains the highest concentration of Kasimir Plate Batteries-- nano-scale power generating devices that exploit "zero point" energy. Can generate 1.2kWatts at peak demand.
    • Mask Filter: A self-cleaning electrostatic precipitation system allows for full Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Filtration. It also had an 8 minutes worth compressed air capacity, which helped in situations underwater.
    • Enhanced Lenses: The Headpiece contains large area holographic lensing to allow for long eye-relief and panoramic real-world/-time viewing. Includes several optical spectrum modes with synthesized information overlay.
    • Constituent Costume Containment: Part of the costume could detach itself to cover an object too dangerous to touch, such as a radioactive asteroid.
    • Multifunctional Layers: The Iron Spider Armor has a total of 17 layers throughout its workings, with each performing a different, separate and important function.
    "
    Spiderman from the other is able to lift 25 tons. Current spidey can lift 10+ tons. 

And i don't see the reason of posting this. 
    =]
    BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BattleHeiz
    @spidey 15: Armor has nothing  to do with his speed
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spidey 15
    @BattleHeiz said:
    " @spidey 15: Armor has nothing  to do with his speed "
    I didn't say that the armor has to do anything with his speed. 
    =]
    BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BattleHeiz
    @spidey 15: sorry
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spidey 15
    @BattleHeiz said:
    " @spidey 15: sorry "
    It's ok. 
    =]
    StriderX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By StriderX
    @BattleHeiz:  Current spidey can lift 10 tens. I made that assumption since after the events of the other and etc, spidey's overall strength doubled to 20 tons, and even he himself stated that his durability, agility, and most  of his powers became stronger after that. So if your strength, agility are improved, who is to say that you couldn't run faster? Look up what agility means, then you may see how it could make sense on him running faster.
    BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BattleHeiz
    @StriderX: I meant iron spiders suit
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Gambit1024

So after that whole retcon thing, can Spidey still run 60 mph? And what's his current strength level, 15t?

StriderX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StriderX

After that whole memphisto thing all his powers are back to original levles, so 10 tons and 60 mph.

spiderman1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spiderman1976

where is this 60 mph thing coming from!?! other than your own estimation? any time marvel posted their "bar stat" type thng, they listed him as over 100mph! and that makes sense, as he's supposed to have the best powers of spiders, and the top scale speed of a spider is 127mph. soooo.....

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By consolemaster001

wow he runs faster than i thought !

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FiMFTW

Dude can dodge sniper rounds at point blank.

Move so fast people can't even see him.

Cover 2 miles in 5 seconds with his parkour only.

Speedblitz a herald of Galactus.

He can run very fast.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By segamarvel

I am so Soo sorry for freaking out like that and being rude. I was actually having a really bad day back then on top of this. I promise to all of you that I will now be more reasonable with my statements.

Spiders (depending on the species) have run at speeds that range from 33 to 48 times their body length per second. Peter is 5foot10inches tall so since he is constantly boasting about having the proportionate speed and strength of a spider Peter should be able to move at these speeds which for his size ranges at about 130 to 190 mph. I don't know about you guys but I see no reason to argue with that logic since there is no reason for spidey to be slower than his namesake. Heck he maybe even faster than that. The guys strength is already blown out of proportion for a spider so why shouldn't he be at least as fast if not faster than any spider? His speed/reflexes are stated to be 15x faster than the average joe (average healthy humans should be able to easily run 10 to 15 mph) so that should mean Peter can plausibly move at at least 150 to 225 mph. Now THATS fast and awesome. I'd even consider him a borderline speedster or a low level speedster given the crazy feats he has shown.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segamarvel: As logical as your answer may be...

Chillax.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup. Don't worry im cool. Btw you forgot to give your opinion on this?

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By segamarvel

You your curios check the bottom for clear answers.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By w0nd

@segamarvel: lol why are you getting mad at something that has been ignored for several months.

It's never been defined but your logic makes sense.

EDIT:

this has to be said, not only did you call people stupid which is rude, but someone said " they listed him as over 100mph! and that makes sense, as he's supposed to have the best powers of spiders, and the top scale speed of a spider is 127mph. soooo....."

over 6 months ago. So not only did you get upset, rude and all people names, but someone beat you to that answer 6 months ago lol.....

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By angelalfonso

I never really thought about it, since we rarely see him running

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Deranged Midget

You know, if a peak human/low level superhuman like Cap can sprint easily at 60 mph, a mid-tier superhuman like Peter who is at the very LEAST ten times stronger than Cap should be able to move a LOT faster than that by foot. But truthfully, if that were the case, his web swinging would become obsolete.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im sorry. Wont happen again. BTW I think my explanation makes more sense then the 127 mph. Spideys not at level 4 but he's faster than most people give him credit for. Besides im still new here. Once again im sorry for such a bad first impression.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: You know, if a peak human/low level superhuman like Cap can sprint easily at 60 mph, a mid-tier superhuman like Peter who is at the very LEAST ten times stronger than Cap should be able to move a LOT faster than that by foot. But truthfully, if that were the case, his web swinging would become obsolete.

I don't think it matters that Spidey can run that fast. Because with web shooters he can travel longer distances without getting as tired. Its when he's in combat that Peter needs to use that speed. Besides I played a Spidey video game (I know its a crappy answer and non canon) and swung at a speed of over 250 mph. Besides Superman runs really fast but does that stop him from flying?

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In "The Amazing Spider-Man" issue 510 it takes Spider-Man 9 minutes and 50 seconds to cross the entire island of Manhattan which from end to end is 13.4 miles. If he continued that speed for another 50 minutes he would have traveled 80.4 miles in an hour. Meaning, he can travel 80+ miles per hour.

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dottiestmoon: Actually, he should be able to get there in 33.5 secs.

No Caption Provided

2 miles in 5 secs. That's 1 mile in 2.5 secs.

In other words, he's travelling at 24 miles a minute.

So how quickly do you think he can do 13.4 miles now?

GreatSpiderBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

100mph

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone ever notice that even in the classic stories from the 60s, foes would always say "huh? Where'd he go?" almost as if they were hinting even back then that spidey was to fast for the eye to track.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, usually his Reflexes, or Reaction Speed is around Mach 2 - 5.

I wonder, how fast is his combat speed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.