Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

How did you like slott's run on amazing?

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Everybody gives slott a lot of nonsense for killing peter and say he is a bad writer. I just wondering if those who hate superior spider-man liked or were reading amazing spider-man during slott's run on it. I liked it. Do you hate the idea he had or do you truly think he cant write. if you didn't read amazing anyway then superior shouldn't bother you. I was just was wondering how long people hated slott. if you like superior like me still answer which book you like better. to me they are about the same

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually didnt mind slotts amazing. I mean it wasnt the best spiderman run but it was good. Im not gonna lie i was super pissed off when he killed peter since hez my fav marvel hero but about 3months after superior started i wasnt as mad then i read all of superior an it has gotten better each issue but im still kind of mad about peter r.i.p

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think slott deserves a lot of credit. he actually made spiderman readable after the whole brand new day horror. big time was fantastic and not many people can have an entire run that is that large be good. i even liked the ending and superior is pretty decent. i mean venom and scarlet spider is way better but its decent. overall i give his run an 8 out of 10.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By frogdog

meh

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I read Slott's Amazing, and I honestly didn't like it much at all.

His run is just selfish. Now what I mean by selfish is that he uses characters he wants to use, kills (numerous) characters when he feels like it, without real reason, and just alters key aspects of a character for no purpose at all.

Look at Anti-Venom. Anti-Venom was the one part of Slott's Spider-Man work that wasn't complete crap, so he simply gets rid of him for a pointless solution to Spider-Island. And anyone who says "that wasn't pointless, Eddie became a hero in the eyes of New York", yeah, you're wrong, because straight after that he's off hunting Symbiotes Punisher-style. Anti-Venom was a really good idea and had endless potential, but Slott killed it to appease his own ridiculously stupid arc.

The Queen was Spider-Man's sole female enemy, so what does Slott do? Turn her into a giant spider and kill her. What was the point of that?

Not to mention he completely ignores his own continuity. At the end of Spider-Island, NY loves Pete... Ten minutes later they hate him again. Peter telling the world he has spider-powers (which is completely different to saying you're Spider-Man, but we'll ignore that gigantic plot hole for the time being) which means that "people don't know, but they can learn". Carlie then "learns", except she doesn't learn, she deduces it by utilising previously learned information. That's completely different to "learning" something. So straight away Slott pisses all over his new law.

It's an incredibly poorly written run that redefines the term "unoriginal". "Hmm, I'm writing Spider-Man. What would be a good story arc? Oh, I know, I'll have everyone turn into Spiders! That way it's Spider-People vs Spider-Man! I'm so clever"

Ridiculous.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frogdog
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@frogdog: I dropped it before that sh*t.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

At first Slott's run was okay,I liked it but then it just started going to hell.Spider-Island was major bs crap that didn't serve no purpose for me instead of ruining a character that I just simply love and killing off a cool villain.And then it got kind of better with Ends of Earth but nothing much,we again saw a major character die but we all know that that is just how Slott rolls.And then it just all went to hell with the Alpha arc and Spider-Man was ruined forever by that fat idiot.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

I really enjoyed Slott's run on Amazing Spider-man, at that point in time it was my favorite marvel book. I was even really supportive of Superior Spider-man, but here lately it's starting to wear on me in my opinion.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By PunyParker

Yes,very much.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Phaedrusgr

It had its moments, but I can't say I really liked it. I like the fact he brought Kaine back though...

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spider11211

It was meh then it went to eeeehhhh then it went to flush.

symbiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked a lot of it. I wouldn't say the writing was great, but it had some stories that were fun enough that I overlooked the plot holes and leaps of logic. Alpha was terrible and the low point IMO. I liked ends of the earth although again it could have been a lot better. The last few issues dealing with the brain swap weren't as bad as alpha but they were pretty bad IMO. Once I learned that was supposed to be the new status quo I stopped buying. I've read a few issues of superior and followed along with the basic story, but Slott hasn't won me back.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could not stand Alpha, why...why..why...

It made me feel like this:

No Caption Provided

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog:

that alpha arc was garbage. I overall liked the book but, wow just not a good story. that oversized issue was in that arc. just bad

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mediocre

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By BR_Havoc

Slott was okay. He is kind of like the summer blockbuster writer there fun and not too deep but it gets old fast and soon enough, you stop caring so much about them.

Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I think he did a awesome job on spidey, he's a really good writer.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

CRAZY TOWN BANANA PANTS!!!?!!!!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It was pretty good except for the Alpha arc.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha...Alpha!!!!

photo Bp9an.gif

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

i F*cking hate it.

Nothing good came out of his run, NOTHING!

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By angelalfonso

@peppeyhare: i like alpha :(

Amazing was great, until…… you know

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha!

photo KgoIF.gif

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.