Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Getting into following Spider-Man

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Being a Marvel comic fan, i've obviously read comics with Spider-Man in them but I'm finally starting to get into actual Spidey comic series and I want to know if these following 4 series are all good to read and take place in the real Marvel universe and arent like the Ultimates which take place in another reality:

Avenging Spider-Man

Web of Spider-Man

Sensational Spider-Man v1 & v2.

Amazing Spider-Man

1 more thing, who the heck is Ben Reilly? Just started Sensational SM v1 and the guy is claiming to be both Parker & Reilly, im confused.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Zarius

@ghostrider88 said:

Being a Marvel comic fan, i've obviously read comics with Spider-Man in them but I'm finally starting to get into actual Spidey comic series and I want to know if these following 4 series are all good to read and take place in the real Marvel universe and arent like the Ultimates which take place in another reality:

Avenging Spider-Man

Web of Spider-Man

Sensational Spider-Man v1 & v2.

Amazing Spider-Man

1 more thing, who the heck is Ben Reilly? Just started Sensational SM v1 and the guy is claiming to be both Parker & Reilly, im confused.

All of those titles take place within the regular or 616 continuity (although Avenging takes place in post-OMD continuity)

Ben Reily is Peter Parker's clone from the 70s Clone Saga. What you're reading there are the closing chapters of the infamous second Clone Saga that ran through the Spider-Man books in the 1990s. At the time, Ben was "proven" to be the "real" Peter Parker, but had spent so many years in exile he decided to keep the name Ben Reily. He ends up being revealed as the clone much later and Peter resumes being Spider-Man.

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@zarius: Thank you so much for your help clarifying that. I think Marvel has really done a great job creating their own cosmic realm and the connections they've made within it, it's part of the reason why I choose them over DC but it can be hella confusing at times lol.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyything related to spidey is amazing

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zarius

@zarius: Thank you so much for your help clarifying that. I think Marvel has really done a great job creating their own cosmic realm and the connections they've made within it, it's part of the reason why I choose them over DC but it can be hella confusing at times lol.

Yeah, it does get a bit confusing when Spider-Man has had about three points of divergence over the years (MC2, OMD, RYV), all to sort of keep him "hip"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.