Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

For Those Who Love Spider-Man.....

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

A tribute to the Spectacular, the Ultimate, the only....Amazing Spider-Man.

InfinityAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By InfinityAce

Don't know if you read superior 1 yet but... Someones not going out without a fight. You should read it. I can't post spoilers so you just have to take my word the the webslingers ain't finished yet!

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@InfinityAce:

I read it and I hated it for two reasons.

1: MJ is an idiot in it. Seriously, she was able to tell Chameleon was posing as Peter once, a man who is a trained master of disguise and infiltrator, but can't pick up on the fact "Peter" is acting like anyone BUT Peter? Fail right there. Just fail.

2: That certain thing that held Ock back from killing a guy totally defeats the entire purpose of this whole thing. It does since Ock won't be making choices on his own, he'll be FORCED to do the right thing. That means Peter is dead for nothing, even more so than he was before and that's saying something.

InfinityAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By InfinityAce

There may be a misunderstood here. I though you made this to honor Peter Heinz dead and not coming back. I said to check superior one not because I thought it was good but, to show you peters still alive. You brung up great points on the issue. Wasn't really planned out that well but, number two might be better. Besides it's not like peter is stopping him from being brutal just stopping him from killing... I hate

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@InfinityAce: I made this because Peter's still technically dead as he's not exactly among the living either. Besides I'd been planning to do a tribute like this for a while and after reading 700 plus Superior #1 I got inspired

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By infonation

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I know what you mean, I don't think this storyline ruined Spider-Man, but it DID ruin Dr. Octopus, in Spider-Man 2, he came off as a guy with SERIOUS problems, both mentally AND emotionally but for the most part, he was just a smart guy guy who let his life spiral out of control and wanted to think Spidey was responsible for it all. In the comics however, he's WAY too proud to ever admit that he made a mess of his life and has to make up for it now! Dr. Octopus may not be the nastiest villain in the MARVEL universe, but he's still a proud and stubborn man who would NEVER admit he wants to be a hero, even if he DOES! I would have just given him a CLONE body or something, after all, since when do clones and Spider-Man go together poorly?... Ummm, please don't answer that...

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@infonation: True. If this was movie Ock doing this? Okay fair enough he went out a hero and for all intents and purposes was a good man, he just got lost in his own grief and went a little nutty. Comic Ock has none of the likable qualities to make a hero. DEADPOOL makes a better hero than him!!!! Seriously Wade Wilson, the Merc with a Mouth, has done more to qualify him as a hero than Ock ever has, and Deadpool KILLS people constantly!!

And when Deadpool wants to be a hero, he WANTS to be a hero even if it's most likely due to the fact he's kinda bipolar.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By PunyParker

PARKER ISNT ENDED!! He's in the freaking book!! A MOVIE comes out with him next year,for God's sake....what tribute?! c'mon

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@PunyParker: I'll have you know I was gonna do this before Superior happened thank you very much!! /\m/\

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCowman

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

2: That certain thing that held Ock back from killing a guy totally defeats the entire purpose of this whole thing. It does since Ock won't be making choices on his own, he'll be FORCED to do the right thing.

Oddly enough, I kinda liked it for exactly this reason. My interest in the Superior Spiderman arc is only partly to see how Peter will return. I'd say I'm almost more interested to see how it will effect Doc Ock. Peter's actions in 700 already made a drastic change to his point of view, but in Superior we see that it wasn't enough to override his innate personality.

Which is something I rather like. Villains making the hero turn are often too good too quickly. The reveal in the first issue of Superior gives us a reason why Ock will be more Spiderman and less Punisher while still keeping him in character. And even if he is being forced (which he doesn't know yet), I think it would be interesting to see how that affects him.

Would experiencing mercy eventually have a positive effect on him, or would it simply frustrate him?

When Pete does return, what will happen to Doc Ock? If he's still around, will he be changed by his experiences as a hero? Would he still strive to be a hero? And what kind of hero would he be?

The whole Superior Spiderman plot has me really intrigued. It could still end up falling flat, but I see a lot of potential in the story arc and am ready to take the ride till the end.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@TheCowman: At this point in time I'm choosing to go with the theory that Peter and Ock didn't swap minds and simply gained each others memories, which resulted in them genuinly believing themselves to be each other. This is really the only thing that makes sense as Ock isn't in the mind swapping field, it's just out of his league and is in Dr. Doom's area, and is the only logical explanation for the fact he has his own memories AND Peter's since that has never worked like that ANYWHERE in Marvel, DC, nowhere.

I'm inclined to believe what stopped him was Peter's subconscious trying to reassert control.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCowman

@Smart_Dork_Dude:

Definitely a possibility. Especially given Slott's wording of the event. Can't remember it exactly, but it was always something like "rewrote his personality". Could just be a red herring, but it could also be a hint that Pete is/was/shall always be Pete and just believes himself to be someone else.

This would also be an interesting story, either from Pete dealing with his actions once he's "cured" or from seeing how his personality would restore itself and if he WOULD be completely restored. Maybe bits of Doc Ock would hang around.

That wouldn't be quite as fun as an actual mind swap, but I'd still be interested to see how it went.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By PunyParker

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@PunyParker: I'll have you know I was gonna do this before Superior happened thank you very much!! /\m/\

Dont get me wrong,the video is great,man..!

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silverageguy

@InfinityAce: Peter isnt still alive... hes a ghost.

silverageguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silverageguy

@infonation said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I know what you mean, I don't think this storyline ruined Spider-Man, but it DID ruin Dr. Octopus, in Spider-Man 2, he came off as a guy with SERIOUS problems, both mentally AND emotionally but for the most part, he was just a smart guy guy who let his life spiral out of control and wanted to think Spidey was responsible for it all. In the comics however, he's WAY too proud to ever admit that he made a mess of his life and has to make up for it now! Dr. Octopus may not be the nastiest villain in the MARVEL universe, but he's still a proud and stubborn man who would NEVER admit he wants to be a hero, even if he DOES! I would have just given him a CLONE body or something, after all, since when do clones and Spider-Man go together poorly?... Ummm, please don't answer that...

Cant agree with you here, This story line has ruined EVERYTHING! How much more nonsense can we be expected to accept before we say enough? Its time to take a stand against this insanity. If you wont stop buying this crap, please stop trying to defend it. Spiderman has been a joke ever since Quesada came on the scene. what is happening here is the Marvel editorial board returning Spiderman to his down on his luck, loner status. With no encumbering female relationships. Quesada has often expressed his desire to return the character to his Ditko roots. Erasing twenty years of continuity isnt good enough, They are looking to erase 50 years! You are watching Ock destroy everything that Peter has accomplished, his friendships, his female relationships, and his Avengers membership. (the Avengers issue where Spiderman is fired is already a done deal) stop excusing this train wreck.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ninjablade09

honestly hopefully ock dies and stays dead after this is done. Hate it when villains know the identity of the spiderman, really only works for Osbourn and venom in my opinion

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Cap10nate

The title of the video makes it sound like it is a Tribute to Ultimate Spider-Man and not the Ultimate Tribute to Spider-Man.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Cap10nate: How so?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Cap10nate

@Smart_Dork_Dude: Well the title of the video is "The Ultimate Spider-Man Tribute." You could read it as "The Ultimate . . . Spider-Man Tribute" or "The Ultimate Spider-Man . . . Tribute." It just made me laugh because it made me think of the Big Bang Theory when Sheldon made their bowling team name "The Wesley Crushers" when they were against Wil Wheaton. He meant it as the Crushers of Wesley, but everybody just thought he named the team after the character in praise.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

@Ninjablade09:

They should really just make like DC and reboot their ridiculous universe. I can't stand anyone but Peter as Spider-Man (I mean, I think Brock might make an okay Spidey, but he certainly couldn't REPLACE Parker)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ninjablade09

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: That's what I thought Marvel NOW would be do update the costumes and origins to be similar to the movies. Then we got this crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.