Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Do you think the Marriage of MJ and Peter Parker should return?

• 149 results
    ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think the Marriage of MJ and Peter Parker should return? (79 votes)

Yes! 76%
    No! 24%

It was historical turning point of comics where a super hero Spider-Man/Peter Parker married his long time love Mary Jane. For 20 years we had them together but in 2006, OMD occured destroying the romance making Peter single once more.

It's known as a bad move by many while a lot of others find it better off that Peter Parker should be single.

What do you think? Please try and take this seriously and discuss your feelings and opinions.

• 
    kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By kcomicfan

@zariusii said:
    @krleavenger said:

@zariusii: Calm down.

I was being quiet reserved actually, what gave you the impression I was angry? ^_^

PS: I'm still right

@kcomicfan said:
    @krleavenger said:

I would say no. OMD has proved it's point and it will be kind of stupid. However it could be cool to see like the New title with some Spider-man stories that are separated from 616 which are like based on Spider-man 616 before OMD but what would happen if OMD never happened. Like May dies or she is saved and Spider-man is wanted because of Civil War things and what not. Probably it would never happen because that happened like 10 years ago.

I agree.

You would.

OMD didn'nt acheive a thing. You still see marriage stories printed by Marvel.

Again, what's your point? You have none.

Of course I would, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I do have a point, for some reason you are choosing to ignore it.

OMD achieved exactly what it was meant to. The point of OMD was to retcon the marriage from the main canon and to stop new stories about the marriage happening in the main canon. Main canon is the key point here, marriage stories in other canon's had nothing to do with the point of OMD.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By kcomicfan

@kcomicfan said:
    @spider11211 said:

I see, we disagree on the very foundation of the question. Otto was not Peter, he was in Peters body.

You never said fee will, you did not need to. The law says it is necessary for an agreement, taking his body was not Peters choice. You stated "Peter did not take the degree without permission or legal right", your statement was legally 100% wrong. For a legal transaction you need mutual consent, Peter never gave consent to his body.

You said that Otto was Peter so the degree is okay, therefore if someone took your body it would be okay to be with your partner. If you do not see that you are purposely being hypocritical.

You also must not understand the lottery, it can have multiple winners or it can continue until there is a winner, by taking it you cheat someone else out of getting it. You also say "if there are no other winners it is legally yours" which also incorrect under the law.

That would be creepy and completely immoral, but I don't think it would be against the law.

So you're completely fine with it being immoral and such things not weighing heavily on Peter's mind (like it would IN-CHARACTER) so long as he can justify it's legal implications?

Expecting a BND fan to care about characterization is like expecting a mince pie to come out of a cabbage patch.

This point has nothing to do with Peter, you should try to understand the context of an argument before you jump in.

LOL BND fans do care about characterization.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By spider11211

I guess all in all it is comics and they do not use actual science or law.

With that said in the real world it would not be legal, and it is definitely not moral, and it is not within Peters character to move on with it.

But hey, it's comics.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: Yeah its comics but comics I feel like comics have a higher standard now since they now market to all age groups.

Even in the past Marvel tried to write good stories and make sure it was character accurate.

For example, Avengers issue #200. It was an issue where a man admits to have mind controlled Ms Marvel to have sex with her, and in the end of the comic she decides to join him in this weird dimension stating she feels love for him and all her fellow Avengers are cool with this and say goodbye...It screams wierd, creepy, awful, and strangley out of character for everyone...

...so much that when the writer was changed, the new writer wrote Ms Marvel returning revealing she was OBVIOUSLY still mind controlled during this and went off at the other Avengers for not stopping her from going with the creepy mind controlling abomination.

A good comic series will acknowledge problems and confront them instead of brushing them off to the side.

Peter should literally have trauma from the Doc Ock events as he has shown trauma from other events in the past.

The reason a lot of us hate OMD and still remind people it exists is because it is so out of character for Peter.

MJ and Peter have been together for 20 years and in other comic forms, still going strong and are hitting 30 years. Most AUs have them together and all the cartoons have shown them as the main love interest. So when you take it away, a lot of spiderman fans will be angry.

Its like when they took away Lois Lane and made Clark romance Wonder Woman. The fans hated it, and thus DC has decided in Rebirth to bring back not only the Lois and Clark romance but for them to have a kid.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ZariusII

@itsaworld: I've been mulling it over and a fun theory occurred to me....I reckon OMD actually happened twice, with the latter being for the timeline where Peter and MJ weren't married. Why do I say this? Because OMIT actually opens up with MJ's whisper to Mephisto. How could that still happen if the events of OMD were rendered non-canon by the deal?

This would align with what Quesada meant when he said "all stories count except the marriage", and why the whisper to Mephisto was different from the one JMS had originally intended (which was, in small print, revealed to be "I will remember everything"), meaning Mephisto had to use his voodoo magic to make Peter and MJ balk more at the concept of marriage and having children, and from there, for the thrill of causing more pain, he allowed them to retain their memoires of living together and understanding one another until events alligned with the point the deal was made, and from there, the two no longer acted in-character. I still maintain Mephisto altered Peter and MJ's memories and personalities rather than go back in time, but it's just an interesting idea that it might have taken him a double take to get the characters where he needed them to be.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Marvel universe does use actual law.

I think it would be legal, because as I said before that law does not take switching bodies with someone into consideration. I think it would be moral, but this point comes down to personal opinion. Peter has acted like this before.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: What would be Legal?

@zariusii: So your saying the baby was sold in the second round?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ZariusII

@itsaworld said:

@kcomicfan: What would be Legal?

@zariusii: So your saying the baby was sold in the second round?

Possibly, but since not much is shown of the devil deal in OMIT other than the whisper, we can't really be sure

However, MJ has a vision of talking to Annie in OMIT shortly after the wedding is interupted.now how could she have a specific idea of what Annie looked like in her head? Either that was Mephisto planting a memory from the discarded timeline to influence MJ's decision not to have kids, or it was the part of Peter and MJ's souls from the previous timeline that were trying to tell her they would have a kid (just as the one-above-all told Peter he and MJ would eventually overcome every obstacle in their path and have a family)

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii: Sometimes I think the way MJ started acting in the Spider-Man comics was because of the deal. As if a part of her slightly remembers what she had done, that she had sold her own child to Mephisto, and it causes her to dart away from Peter as much as possible.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ZariusII

@itsaworld said:

@zariusii: Sometimes I think the way MJ started acting in the Spider-Man comics was because of the deal. As if a part of her slightly remembers what she had done, that she had sold her own child to Mephisto, and it causes her to dart away from Peter as much as possible.

Yeah, the part of Peter that just lets her go all the time is probably the same way "The devil made you do what? Forget true love mate, you did'nt deserve it", but then MJ did say in OMD that part of thei souls would always draw them together no matter how much distance they put between each other, so I think she does live in hope Peter can make it work with her again, but there are other factors to consider. Chaos magic affects the whole universe per the results of their deal and it is a great obstacle, it takes effort to cut through it's interference. Whenever Peter and MJ make progress, you get things like Superior and probably Civil War II, the deal's way of letting them know they're still in debt to whatever forces savour in their suffering

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DieHard200904

I feel that they should commit some alternate universe material to it being intact, no doubt. Not totally pretend like it never happened.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DieHard200904

@dernman said:

As much as I loved the marriage and MJ I was ok with it ending just not the way it ending.

I just want Slott's run to come to an end. He doesn't understand the character and if he does that just makes it worse that he's not writing the character as the character.

I can't remember the last time I've gone this long not supporting the book with my wallet.

Sums up how I feel very much exactly. I didn't mind Spider-Man not being a married guy, but how they "ended" it was poor. I also am disappointed that Ultimate Spider-Man along with the rest of that universe went under. Honestly, at least if you had another Spider-Man who was younger and single, it could have been a type of win-win, in the sense that you deal with his roots and how he struggled in a different phase of his life. Either way, I am one of those guys who grows up and moves on to the point where I just don't care much for various characters' titles after a certain point, and go figure that I leave them up for someone else to enjoy instead.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By knightwriteri

Marvel could have easily appeased marriage fans with an AU title at any time in the past 9 years but they never risked it outside the RYV mini-series as the critical reception and sales figures of a married AU relative to Mephistoverse Peter's title would be quite telling as to the superior status quo. If customers were given that choice ASM would lose half its readers.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows sold just as much as the Amazing Spider-Man series that proceeded it.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By spider11211

@kcomicfan said:

The Marvel universe does use actual law.

I think it would be legal, because as I said before that law does not take switching bodies with someone into consideration. I think it would be moral, but this point comes down to personal opinion. Peter has acted like this before.

No, Marvel does not use actual law.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan:I'm going to ignore your comment on ASM's sales given that regardless of the nature of that claim the need to say that indicates a clear misreading of my comment.

I said in a world where readers had a choice between two simultaneously published ongoings one where we had Mephistoverse Peter and one along the lines of RYV. ASM vol3 and vol4 were not published at the same time as any content of married versions of Peter outside of extremely brief spider-verse stuff readers ONLY option was single Peter likewise for it's brief duration RYV was the ONLY option. If both status quo's existed simultaneously in different simultaneously published universes marriage fans would be appeased but as stated before if readers had a choice between one or another the results would heavily favor the AU and send a message to Marvel they don't want to hear.

Remember there is a reason why Marvel's most successful female Spider-Girl was cancelled sales weren't high (due to a nonexistent level of promotion that was quite suspicious given how much they hyped Anya) yet sales attrition was bafflingly low repeatedly defying the predictions of Marvel's financial staff, there is a reason why the Mr. and Mrs. Spider-Man back ups specifically designed to appease marriage fans was only allowed to last four ten page stories and there is a reason why The Real Clone Saga which was meant to set the stage of an AU ongoing never became more than a mini-series despite giving readers everything they wanted.

The reason Marvel doesn't want to remind people the marriage existed, Marvel most certainly doesn't want remind readers the marriage works and of course Marvel doesn't want any products of said union Mayday, Benjy etcetera to suceed., (unless they can score Dan Slott royalty checks of course I'm looking at you Annie) More importantly they cannot allow any contrast to exist because since her very creation MJ has thrived in anything remotely resembling an even playing field (and quite a few uneven ones) when it comes to contrasting with really anything that denies her her rightful place and Marvel is very very aware of that.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By spider11211

@kcomicfan said:

@spider11211: The Marvel universe does use actual law.

If you really believe that you should study law, they bend the law significantly beyond reality, just like they do science.

Here you may enjoy this:

https://books.google.com/books?id=u4jaCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA111&lpg=PA111&dq=times+when+Marvel+comics+got+the+law+wrong&source=bl&ots=P6V5QZttjy&sig=HtTSxy9IBmavWzMNLaz2VjJYQtk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVlYaF8vPMAhUFPz4KHQ8eDOMQ6AEITDAI#v=onepage&q=times%20when%20Marvel%20comics%20got%20the%20law%20wrong&f=false

This is just the tip of the comics using the law wrong.

As you see, Mavel uses the law incorrectly.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211:

Thanks for that link. I've just ordered a copy for myself. It looks like a very interesting read.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By kcomicfan

@kcomicfan said:

@spider11211: The Marvel universe does use actual law.

If you really believe that you should study law, they bend the law significantly beyond reality, just like they do science.

Here you may enjoy this:

https://books.google.com/books?id=u4jaCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA111&lpg=PA111&dq=times+when+Marvel+comics+got+the+law+wrong&source=bl&ots=P6V5QZttjy&sig=HtTSxy9IBmavWzMNLaz2VjJYQtk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVlYaF8vPMAhUFPz4KHQ8eDOMQ6AEITDAI#v=onepage&q=times%20when%20Marvel%20comics%20got%20the%20law%20wrong&f=false

This is just the tip of the comics using the law wrong.

As you see, Mavel uses the law incorrectly.

I don't need to study law to understand this. Just because Marvel uses some laws incorrectly does not mean that they use every law incorrectly.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightwriteri: My comment was in reply to you saying that the sales of a RYV type series would outsell the main Amazing Spider-Man series. The sales of RYV are a clear indicator of how well a RYV type series would sell. It would sell well, but I doubt it would sell more than the main Amazing Spider-Man series.

Marvel knows that the marriage sells reasonably well, but the marriage did not work for Marvel's editorial creatively and that is why it was scrapped.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't work creatively? It's gonna take a few minutes for me to stop laughing from that one.

It did not work for Marvel in the sense that a powerful minority of it's staff didn't personally like it, didn't give a damn about continuity or the fans and fired three extremely talented writers who were doing marvelous things with it in favor of the losers that made up the brain trust one of whom Mark Waid had already demonstrated himself grossly unqualified to write Spider-Man through his House of M mini-series. And sales dropped 40% before Superior IF Marvel didn't do some dishonest, questionably legal things to mask sales attrition which some people claimed they did.

Almost one could say in anticipation of the loss of a lot of customers Marvel flooded the direct market with copies of the first issue of BND and I heard they gave people with subscriptions a free extension it was either six months or six issues almost what a company would do if they did something very wrong and don't want to lose business.

20 years of continuity demonstrate the marriage works very well creatively as long as a writer puts a small measure effort into it and isn't actively trying to surpress or eliminate said union. Without a child in the picture the marriage still had a good thirty years left of fresh stories. On the other hand the only thing a single status quo can give us is the endless creatively bankrupt cycling repition of stories with Peter and revolving door character X that were old years before the marriage. (Kind of why readers liked it when Peter and Black Cat started dating in the 80's she wasn't a Cissy Ironwood or Deborah Whitman, April May or Marcy Kane interesting how all those women were blonds like Gwen)

The only thing they could do within the single status quo that would even be slightly less stale and briefly hold interest is pairing him with heroines as those are established characters but Slott forbids that because it's against the spirit of Spider-Man somehow unless it's Silk who he can get royalty checks from.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightwriteri:

Very well said. Spoken with a knowledgeable factual perspective and understanding of the character.

Everyone knows Quesada's failed marriage was a catalyst for the deconstruction of Peter Parker's core character traits.

The sloppy Slott machine only works from a (commercial sell out) point of view. Everybody knows quantity of sales does not equate into quality of product.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By kcomicfan

@knightwriteri said:

Doesn't work creatively? It's gonna take a few minutes for me to stop laughing from that one.

It did not work for Marvel in the sense that a powerful minority of it's staff didn't personally like it, didn't give a damn about continuity or the fans and fired three extremely talented writers who were doing marvelous things with it in favor of the losers that made up the brain trust one of whom Mark Waid had already demonstrated himself grossly unqualified to write Spider-Man through his House of M mini-series. And sales dropped 40% before Superior IF Marvel didn't do some dishonest, questionably legal things to mask sales attrition which some people claimed they did.

Almost one could say in anticipation of the loss of a lot of customers Marvel flooded the direct market with copies of the first issue of BND and I heard they gave people with subscriptions a free extension it was either six months or six issues almost what a company would do if they did something very wrong and don't want to lose business.

20 years of continuity demonstrate the marriage works very well creatively as long as a writer puts a small measure effort into it and isn't actively trying to surpress or eliminate said union. Without a child in the picture the marriage still had a good thirty years left of fresh stories. On the other hand the only thing a single status quo can give us is the endless creatively bankrupt cycling repition of stories with Peter and revolving door character X that were old years before the marriage. (Kind of why readers liked it when Peter and Black Cat started dating in the 80's she wasn't a Cissy Ironwood or Deborah Whitman, April May or Marcy Kane interesting how all those women were blonds like Gwen)

The only thing they could do within the single status quo that would even be slightly less stale and briefly hold interest is pairing him with heroines as those are established characters but Slott forbids that because it's against the spirit of Spider-Man somehow unless it's Silk who he can get royalty checks from.

• Doesn't work creatively? It's gonna take a few minutes for me to stop laughing from that one.

It doesn't work creatively for them, you can laugh all you want that won't stop this from being true.

• did not work for Marvel in the sense that a powerful minority of it's staff didn't personally like it,

That's what I meant, the most powerful members of Marvel did not like it.

• and fired three extremely talented writers who were doing marvelous things with it in favor of the losers that made up the brain trust

This is all your opinion, so I am going to say that I disagree.

• one of whom Mark Waid had already demonstrated himself grossly unqualified to write Spider-Man through his House of M mini-series.

In my opinion Waid's "Unscheduled Stop" and "Family Business" stories show that he is qualified to write Spider-Man comics.

• Almost one could say in anticipation of the loss of a lot of customers Marvel flooded the direct market with copies of the first issue of BND and I heard they gave people with subscriptions a free extension it was either six months or six issues almost what a company would do if they did something very wrong and don't want to lose business

And yet the main Amazing Spider-Man comic is currently selling really well, despite the fact that Peter is currently not married to MJ.

• 20 years of continuity demonstrate the marriage works very well creatively as long as a writer puts a small measure effort into it and isn't actively trying to surpress or eliminate said union. Without a child in the picture the marriage still had a good thirty years left of fresh stories. On the other hand the only thing a single status quo can give us is the endless creatively bankrupt cycling repition of stories with Peter and revolving door character X that were old years before the marriage.

This is all your opinion, so I am going to say that I disagree. Do you have any evidence that would prove the marriage could last for another 30 years? You might give the example of the daily Spider-Man Newspaper strip, but the stories from the strip are stretched out and that is why they last so long.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well in today's Spider-Man/Deadpool, we got a very interesting development

After Wade kills Peter, Mysterio "souljacks" Peter in limbo and tortures him with the likes of Gwen, Ben, and Doc Ock...until Wade comes in and blows the phantoms away with a shotgun. Peter and Wade beat the tar out of Mysterio, but before Peter awakens, he receives a visit from MEPHISTO, who actually remembers the deal they made in OMD (essentially retconning OMIT). Peter has no memory of Mephisto however. Mephisto tells Peter no matter what side of the fence he falls on in the coming days (possibly referring to Civil War II) no matter how much he triumphs, he will feel nothing but emptiness

Then it's revealed that The Chamelion is impersonating Peter over at Parker Industries

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZariusII Mysterio's still working with Mephistopheles not really surprising given he was maneuvering things in Peter's life for the Devil as we saw in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man makes you wonder what else Beck might have been up to.

@kcomicbookfan You dismiss JMS, Peter David and Sacasa expanding the mythology handling three titles with different flavors in a nevertheless unified direction, characterization and vision unmatched in any period where there were multiple 616 Parker books, a period when Fraction's Annual which was ALL about the marriage won an Eisner Award Wow... just wow.

Good to know you also think Marvel shouldn't be run as a sane corporation where not everything is subject to a few employees personal creative whims.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZariusII Mysterio's still working with Mephistopheles not really surprising given he was maneuvering things in Peter's life for the Devil as we saw in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man makes you wonder what else Beck might have been up to.

@kcomicbookfan You dismiss JMS, Peter David and Sacasa expanding the mythology handling three titles with different flavors in a nevertheless unified direction, characterization and vision unmatched in any period where there were multiple 616 Parker books, a period when Fraction's Annual which was ALL about the marriage won an Eisner Award Wow... just wow.

It was nominated, I don't think it won.

Slott got nominated for an Eisner recently, but more for his work on Silver Surfer.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightwriteri: I am not dismissing JMS, Peter David and Sacasa. I was disagreeing with the part where you said that the Spider-Man brain trust were losers.

A few employees making decisions based on their personal creative whims is nothing new.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the correction Zarius I'm often finding people listing that annuel as #2 on their favorite stories lists so I assumed it won.

I liked Family Business as easy as it is I'm not going to consume time today explaining why it stands apart from the rest of Waid's work but Mark more or less invented the concept of Spider-Man as a "lovable loser" and a self sabotaging masochist elements that became part of Quesada's vision for the post marriage landscape that has corroded a beloved character and his world.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Family Business" was co-written by James Robinson, whom I prefer over Waid any day.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My hardcover deluxe edition of Dan Slott's "Batman: Arkham Asylum - Living Hell" just arrived in the mail.

NO! I am not joking. :-)

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

My hardcover deluxe edition of Dan Slott's "Batman: Arkham Asylum - Living Hell" just arrived in the mail.

NO! I am not joking. :-)

No way lol, enjoy :)

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: I had no idea Slott did a Batman story. Every time I heard that title I thought people meant the one by Morrison. Is it good?

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ZariusII

@kiba said:

@magnetic_eye: I had no idea Slott did a Batman story. Every time I heard that title I thought people meant the one by Morrison. Is it good?

Slott has written a considerable amount of Batman stories, he worked on the comic that was based off of the animated series. They're really good.

Slott is good to great on anything that is'nt Spider-Man really.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba:

Yeah it's a pretty good read if you like a darkish Batman tale set within the walls of Arkham Asylum.

Slott's creative juices were flowing on this one.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ZariusII

Mate, I've done one of those videos in the past for a laugh myself, but I really don't want us marriage fans to be compared to Hitler

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

For Everyone of us who hated OMD, BND and OMIT. This video represents us. We are the offended. We are the loyal readers who were insulted and forsaken.

Loading Video...

This video also predicts that in ten years time after OMD, Peter and MJ will be back together.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

Mate, I've done one of those videos in the past for a laugh myself, but I really don't want us marriage fans to be compared to Hitler

It sums up the way I feel almost perfectly, except when he takes it too far in moments you can surely detect.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ItsaWorld

@ursaber said:
    @zariusii said:

It sums up the way I feel almost perfectly, except when he takes it too far in moments you can surely detect.

No....I know the best way. Someone needs to make a video of that scene in John Wick where the guy kills the dog. You replace the killer's head with Joe Quesada or the OMD Comic, a Spider-Man head for the dog and just white text on John reading 'Spider-Man Fans'

I have no clue how to do this but if i did....MARK MY WORDS I'D MAKE IT!

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ursaber

@itsaworld: I have a program, Premiere Pro to edit videos. Then I saw the dog killing clip and... sorry, I won't do that. Its fitting what you say, but... I love dogs, I have a puppy, so... no.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ItsaWorld

@ursaber: You need to see this movie then. You need to see it all the way through. It's a satisfying movie with a really good ending you will love. The film is for dog lovers because John Wick becomes what we want to do, and shows how far one would go for the love of man's best friend

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Words cannot describe the BRILLIANCE of their marriage and all the creativity that can come from it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By knightwriteri

@ursaber: I always loved that Peter David scene too bad Peter never became her fashion photographer sounds like a sweet gig and I feel the story potential of that as a brief status quo grows as the characters age.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightwriteri: yeah because why take selfies when you can take pictures of your half naked super model wife for a living. Oh the possibilities... too bad that age is gone. Do something like that today and its a scandal.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By knightwriteri

@ursaber: I had the idea when I first read the scene years back as everyone who doesn't like MJ tries to put themself on a moral pedestal by criticizing her for modelling when she doesn't have a steady acting gig at the moment with the whole objectification of women BS.

As these people lack the ability to grasp that a photographer and a model/actress makes a lot of sense the question becomes how to dispose of this career for the character without her being free to fall back on it later or in any way suggesting it was wrong for her to model in the past?

The answer is simple let the characters age the world assigns most supermodels a pretty young expiration date so have MJ find it twice as hard to get modelling gigs as she's no longer a twenty something, have Peter become her fashion photographer and helps her regain her confidence it work out smoothly for six months of continuity before it ceases to be sustainable as they will no longer give MJ gigs Peter leaves the financial security of the fashion industry and continues snapping pics of MJ every once in a while only now for there revived private collection while he goes back to teaching science at Midtown High only for MJ to join him as the school's drama teacher.

This idea allows the modelling industry to be savaged as much as feminists want without attacking the woman who work in it moreover it highlights the woman's agency in owning this career path and how secure Peter feels given he's photographing his wife in various states of dress for the world to oggle.

But most of all I like it because it gives Peter and MJ more time to talk and work together in a situation they haven't been in before all the page space that would go to The Bugle or Parker Industries is spent with just Peter and MJ in there room interacting and the eye candy is not just more justified than in the 80's-90's but you focus on the conversations.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. We have Miles now to satisfy the teenage-younger niche if we need it. Peter can be married and he can "age".

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By ZariusII

Such a well-constructed argument. Where's a condescending Wonka image when I need it?

Marriage never went anywhere btw (newspaper strip)

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zariusii said:

Such a well-constructed argument. Where's a condescending Wonka image when I need it?

Marriage never went anywhere btw (newspaper strip)

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.