Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Dick(Richard) Greyson is the ideal Peter Parker should be

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously, Dick is epic. Leader of the Teen Titans, worlds greatest acrobat in DC, the most desired man(for women) in DC after Batman, nicest and most pure hero in the DC universe, master troll and joker, the prodigal son of Batman, and Batman's most preferred successor(Damian is maybe tied).

Peter should strive to be more like him on a level that makes him shine bigger than Captain America but remain the most human character in the Marvel U, like Dick is for DC. It would show how much respect Marvel treats Spidey too(He's their iconic face), Peter gets a ton of shit thrown on him by fans because he isn't a certain way or a certain characterization. And I propose he should just be the hero that people just like better like Dick is instead of the guy people just hate and think is lame and useless in universe.

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a huge fan of both Dick Grayson and Peter Parker, I have to say that you are dead wrong.

Firstly, in what world is Batman the most desirable person in DC comics. I am quite sure that Superman is WAY more desirable but none of this should matter.

Now Spider-man is Spider-man and making him more like another character does not make sense in the slightest. Spider-man's fans like Spidey because he is who is he. He doesn't need to be a ladies man because that isn't who he is. Dick Grayson is cool and all but he doesn't compare to Peter Parker.

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Skyleat

This could be an idea but I'm afraid he will end up being… a dick.

Joke aside, like Ock said, he is what he is and if he resembles to another hero it will be redundant.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BS thread.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The_Waffle

Who would want to aspire to be like this guy? lol

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man would tear Dick-hard Grayson apart. Spider-Man lifts more tons, spins more webs and slays more p#ssy than him. lel

All seriousness though, you do make some interesting points:

It would show how much respect Marvel treats Spidey too

Except Marvel don't respect Spider-Man: Clone Saga II, One More Day, BND, OMIT, Alpha, Superior Spider-Man.

Peter gets a ton of shit thrown on him by fans because he isn't a certain way or a certain characterization.

True. A lot of fans say The (616) Amazing Spider-Man acts like a 'man child' and they are absolutely right.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By The_Waffle

@jimishim12 said:

people just hate and think is lame and useless in universe.

I think it all just comes down to the media of Spider-Man over the past seven years. After coming off a string of three okay/mediocre movies, bad video games, bad comic books, an un-watchable animated series (Ultimate Spider-Man) of course people are going to hate and think he is lame and useless.

Marvel shouldn't strive to make Spider-Man similar to what I think is an inferior character imo. They should focus on making sure Spider-Man gets: the best comic writers in the industry, the best game developers, the best movie directors and screenwriters and the best television producers there is to offer.

When a character is portrayed poorly and in-authentically then they hate on the product that misrepresented the character or sometimes the character itself. If everything about Spider-Man wasn't so sh!t right now people wouldn't think he is so lame.

read my blogs: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the_waffle/blog/2015-a-more-promising-year-for-spidey/101647/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the_waffle/blog/has-spider-man-deteriorated/101073/

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, Dick is epic. Leader of the Teen Titans, worlds greatest acrobat in DC, the most desired man(for women) in DC after Batman, nicest and most pure hero in the DC universe, master troll and joker, the prodigal son of Batman, and Batman's most preferred successor(Damian is maybe tied).

Peter should strive to be more like him on a level that makes him shine bigger than Captain America but remain the most human character in the Marvel U, like Dick is for DC. It would show how much respect Marvel treats Spidey too(He's their iconic face), Peter gets a ton of shit thrown on him by fans because he isn't a certain way or a certain characterization. And I propose he should just be the hero that people just like better like Dick is instead of the guy people just hate and think is lame and useless in universe.

Not sure I completely agree though. I do think it’s interesting to note that characters like DCs Dick Greyson are always evolving and Nightwing reached adulthood some time ago.

Perhaps for me then that's the only comparison I would like to make given that both characters have reached adulthood. Dick and Pete have very different personalities and to be fair I can see your point of view in light of Spider-Man not currently written as a mature responsible adult.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree.... this is a troll thread.

What makes Peter, Peter is not what makes Dick, Dick.

Peter is plagued by an overwhelming sense of responsibility due to the death of Uncle Ben, is plagued by bad luck, usually has zero income and traditionally bad luck with the ladies.

Dick Grayson is consumed by a need to live up to Bruce Wayne, is traditionally independently wealthy even if he is choosing to live broke, and is one of the best skirt chasers in DC.

I also want to point out that Spider-Man is more popular than Dick Grayson and far more iconic. I'm a big fan of both characters and neither of them needs to change a thing.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By youknowwhattodo

This is a troll thread likely, but I'll answer it anyway.

I'll begin by saying that Dick is the most desired man in comics. Even Scott Snyder, a self-proclaimed Batman fanboy admitted on twitter that when comparing Batman and Dick Grayson on terms of being a stud, Dick takes it no question. When Chuck Dixon started writing Nightwing, he envisioned him in a manner that pretty much stuck to this day:

Does that sound like Peter Parker?
    Does that sound like Peter Parker?

Moving on, no Peter Parker should not take after Dick, at least not a whole lot. I can see why people would want to see a more mature Peter Parker because he does seem to revert to immaturity quite a bit, but that's mostly based on the writers.

Spider-Man is one of the biggest superheroes in the world along with Batman and Superman and unlike the latter, he doesn't have an identity crisis. I don't think there needs to be a significant shift in his characterization because clearly the way he's portrayed now isn't hurting his popularity and standing in the MCU.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Spider-Man the ideal Dick Grayson,maybe?.....

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

said:

people just hate and think is lame and useless in universe.

I think it all just comes down to the media of Spider-Man over the past seven years. After coming off a string of three okay/mediocre movies, bad video games, bad comic books, an un-watchable animated series (Ultimate Spider-Man) of course people are going to hate and think he is lame and useless.

Marvel shouldn't strive to make Spider-Man similar to what I think is an inferior character imo. They should focus on making sure Spider-Man gets: the best comic writers in the industry, the best game developers, the best movie directors and screenwriters and the best television producers there is to offer.

When a character is portrayed poorly and in-authentically then they hate on the product that misrepresented the character or sometimes the character itself. If everything about Spider-Man wasn't so sh!t right now people wouldn't think he is so lame.

read my blogs: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the_waffle/blog/2015-a-more-promising-year-for-spidey/101647/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the_waffle/blog/has-spider-man-deteriorated/101073/

wasn't that unwatchable animated series rated pretty high?

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: ha yeah it was, somehow. I heard it improved but I still can't get through a single episode myself.

it improved. it cut down on the 4th wall breaking.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gary Stu.

Beata

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree.... this is a troll thread.

What makes Peter, Peter is not what makes Dick, Dick.

Peter is plagued by an overwhelming sense of responsibility due to the death of Uncle Ben, is plagued by bad luck, usually has zero income and traditionally bad luck with the ladies.

Dick Grayson is consumed by a need to live up to Bruce Wayne, is traditionally independently wealthy even if he is choosing to live broke, and is one of the best skirt chasers in DC.

I also want to point out that Spider-Man is more popular than Dick Grayson and far more iconic. I'm a big fan of both characters and neither of them needs to change a thing.

I forgot to mention, Peter is no where near as idealistic as Dick is, and comes off as inferior because he lets his coming and going lack of initiative take advantage of him where Dick always finds a way to improve and move forward.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.