Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17252 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Definite Spoiler for ASM #700.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By fodigg

I read the spoilers. This sounds, well it sounds really interesting actually. Thoughts in block:

I'm not worried we won't get Peter back so I don't mind Ock wearing the mantle temporarily. This is some bleeding edge sci-fi stuff here. This is a transhumanist body-snatching caper of the likes to make Richard K. Morgan weak in the knees. And it involves Spider-Man. It's so sci-fi it almost makes up for the fact that it's not Spidey 2099. I think this is absolutely solid and I'm excited to read the full issue in context.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Lamenoire
    @fodigg

I'm excited to read the full issue in context.

+1 

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By TDK_1997

This is an interesting picture but it doesn't show who's SSM.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By EdBlank

Booo hisss

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By PunyParker

Yeah,i too believe that Pete will come back.....more powerfull!

Slott does that....when,remember he lost his Spiderscence and then he learned Kung-Fu AND then he got back his Spidey scence and he known Kung-Fu.....it was AWESOME!!! So Pete will come back better in any way!! (and poor english,excuse me,i'm in a hurry...)

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By fodigg

@EdBlank said:

Booo hisss

lol

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#57  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Soooo....what there's another clone?

Lorrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lorrie

@VeganDiet said:

One thing that worries me. Slott has said that Mary Jane is going to be with Spider-man. There are two ways I see this happening: 1. She is aware that the body change happened, so she knows that Ock is in Peter's body, but decides to be with him anyway, which is insane, and terrible. 2.Or she doesn't know, and Ock-Peter is taking advantage of her thinking he's Peter to be with, which is not okay. I really don't want the Protagonist of my Spider-man book to be, essentially, well raping Mary Jane.

It is a big worry because, yes, it would basically be rape if M.J.didn't know. I really hope Slott and the Spidey office thought about that, unless they're planning a crossover with the Law & Order: SVU characters.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By animehunter

From what I've read on this and other topics, something tells me, Superior Spider-man is not going to last. Because there are many things that might not sit well with the majority.

some of these could be

• The relationship that would happen between ock-peter and Mary Jane.
    • The fact that Octavius might not have the same sense of responsibility as Peter has, in which he goes to far in his battles or does do enough e.g running away when needed.
    • Ock-Peter might suddenly realise, he doesn't have what it takes to be a hero i.e. he just makes too many mistakes

I'm sure I am missing a lot more, I just can't think of any else at the moment. Please feel free to add to it.

With these possibilities I would say Superior Spider-man at most would last one year. Personally I hope shorter, because I really want Peter to be back in the driving seat.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zella

Well that sure sucks, I thought Slott would really pull something cool and instead he disappoints. I never really liked Ock as a character and for him to suddenly become a hero cause of some PIS memory switching is just lame. It's obvious it will be back somehow by the end of next year but I was really hoping for someone no one would expect. That's probably the worst thing, this won't last and it will be entirely a stunt to try and boost Marvel Now! sales instead of being anything meaningful. This seems to have potential to be worse than One More Day even, at least the core of the character was left the same in that story.

I still hold some hope that those scans are being taken out of context due. Like what is up with the claws and if Ock has Pete's memories and morals what would possess him to be more violent?

The Mary Jane situation is also just fucked up as mentioned before. If she knows it's insane cause the dude has tried to kill her multiple times, and if she doesn't know then it's rape.

I just feel the entire mind swapping thing is a bad idea, if Slott wanted to kill Peter Parker he should have just killed Peter Parker and had someone like Kaine fill his shoes as Superior while they make some contrived way of bringing Peter back. Having one of Peter's worst enemies walking around his Pete's body is a slap in the face to fans.

I have enjoyed Slotts run up until now so maybe somehow he will pull this off though I seriously doubt it.

ScarletWebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ScarletWebs

I was expecting to much more angry about this. I mean, if the spoilers are true i'm still upset about what happens to Peter. He is the only Spider-Man to me but there is definitely a chance he is coming back. Again i'm still mad but I'll give it a few issues to see what happens next. Hopefully we get a two in one body situation later on thats what i was hoping for.

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Earth616

NO!!!! Is there still hope of Peter ever coming back then??? I don't really understand!!!!!!

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By TheCrowbar

I haven't read anything beyond the OP(Nor have I clicked the link), but out of respect for the writer, who essentially begged not to have this story spoiled, why would you circulate a spoiler?

It's not very classy.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#64  Edited By Teerack

I can't read spider-man. Doc Ock doesn't deserve peter's life and Peter sure as hell didn't deserve what happen to him. This is upsetting and I literally can not read spider-man until Otto is removed from his body. I'm hoping so hard the reception for this is very bad.

DMXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DMXN

There is also preview of issue 700 where Peter is like being dead sees dead people, his parents, Silver Sable and Uncle Ben but Uncle Ben tells him that it is not his time yet and he should return for one last battle and then he can quit being Spider-Man, and brings him back. I really hope this happens after this spoiler. Here is the link for the preview, it was released a while ago after ASM 698 http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/11/21/the-amazing-spider-man-700-preview

ScarletWebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ScarletWebs

I do love Slott's writing I was hoping Peter would go out in a heroic way he really deserves it. This is not what I expected at all this is him going out with a whimper its just dumb. This is the same as Ends of the Earth it just kind of fizzles out, I was just hoping for something better.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#67  Edited By Teerack

The more i thin about Otto and MJ i get more and more upset. I mean hell i've always been one of those people that rooted for Black Cat over MJ but even I understand after MJ and Peter's mirage and the whole one more day stuff... Peter and MJ had a really true love and like.... Otto is a gross old man in Peter's body who can just have sex with her because of the special bond Peter and her had? NO that's horrible and I swear if Otto and MJ start dating.....eww.... please internet....let this be a very good troll post PLEASE.

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Franchise1590

@Teerack said:

The more i thin about Otto and MJ i get more and more upset. I mean hell i've always been one of those people that rooted for Black Cat over MJ but even I understand after MJ and Peter's mirage and the whole one more day stuff... Peter and MJ had a really true love and like.... Otto is a gross old man in Peter's body who can just have sex with her because of the special bond Peter and her had? NO that's horrible and I swear if Otto and MJ start dating.....eww.... please internet....let this be a very good troll post PLEASE.

YUP

Remember people saying Gwen Stacy could never be Spidey's true love because she smashed the Goblin? Well welcome to the "FOREVER UNCLEAN" club Mary Jane!!

Seriously, no matter what happens from now until eternity Doc Ock will have banged peter's Aunt and the love of his life. He will have ravaged the 2 most important people in his life and nothing Peter could do could ever top that.

If that wasn't horrible enough he stole his life, his looks, his body, his powers,his memories, and everything that he ever was.

Doc Ock will have Pwn'd Parker on a level I didn't even know was possible.

I hate this so much, thank god batman is my favorite hero instead. DC wouldn't allow this.....I don't think.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By dernman  Online

I'm not happy with this. How long will this last and how would they change it back?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.