Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

"Dead No More" Who would you want back from the dead?

• 91 results
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll "Dead No More" Who would you want back from the dead? (60 votes)

Gwen Stacy 5%
    Uncle Ben 7%
    Silver Sable 10%
    Ben Reilly 15%
    Kaine 23%
    Mattie Franklin 2%
    Madame Web (The Original) 3%
    Doctor Octopus 15%
    Other 20%

"Dead No More" has been revealed to be tied to Spider-Man in some way, Source CBR.

From Marvel: "If you got a chance to bring back someone who died, would you? And how will CLASSIFIED deal when ones they thought long dead once again walk the earth?"

And the answer to how it's tied will be revealed within the pages of FCBD Captain America #1 on May 7th.

So, now that we know this, who would you like to see return from the dead.

• 
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By dernman

@kcomicfan said:

@zarius: Canon means everything. We as the reader can't decide what is canon. An example of this is Disney making the old Star Wars Expanded Universe non-canon. It sucks for the fans, but you can't ignore that decision and you can't dissmiss it. Disney owns all the rights to the franchise, and it is there right as the owner of the franchise to decied what is canon. Another example of this would be rejecting a death in Game of Thrones because George RR Martins Killed your favorite character, You can not decide who does not die because that is not your story to tell. Ignoring a decision in a comic book is the same as a child putting their fingers in their ears and singing "LA LA LA LA LA", it is a rejection of reality.

And the "true course of events" for the character of Spider-Man is whatever Marvel wants it to be.

@dernman: The fact that you can only back yourself up with insults makes his argument way better than yours.

Not at all. I can back my argument just fine but considering my history with him I have no interest. Haave you not noticed the difference in the way I've talked to you and him on the same subject despite the pot shots you've taken against me. Did I not agree to let it rest with you and both believing different things?

He has several warning and a ban on him already because of past encounters with me where he couldn't control himself and name calling. THen him trying to lay the blame on me for it. Even going so far as to make an alt to confront me to get around the ban. I have no interest in a civilized discussion with him because of it and told him so. He doesn't take the hint because he can't control himself nor take an opinion other than his. Hell I''ve outright told him that I have no interest in interacting with him yet he still persists. He doesn't know how to have one even if I was. I tried in the past with him and am not going to again.. Why in the world he thinks I would be interesting in rehashing the same subject with him again that started the mess I don't know. Do you really think he deserves better? Seriously?

Don't make assumption on things when you don't have all the facts. You're way off base on this.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By dernman

@blackspidey2099 said:

@dernman: For future reference, it's spelled "nonsense", not "nonesense". Maybe you should learn to spell, but of course, that would require reading a dictionary, which at this point, I'm not sure that you can do.

@kcomicfan Yeah, I thought so, but didn't want to risk potentially offending you. I'll try to keep that in mind! :)

@Zarius I don't see how MC2 is more natural than 616 in any way (other than, of course, the deal with Mephisto). If anything, I found it quite sketchy that Green Goblin was able to injure Peter so grievously, considering that Peter is superior in every way. Also, with his super heroics out of the way, I found it even more unrealistic that Peter still failed to properly utilize his intelligence. Of course, the spotlight on married Peter and MJ was nice, but I found it far from a natural evolution of the character.

Lol persisting in begging for the attention of someone not interested and pointing out typos to save face because your arguments fail. .I can see that happening to you in real life so much that people avoid you. Must be why you come on comicvine to harass people who have no interest in you with replies. :p

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ah the love.

Avatar image for deactivated-59847e5816856
    deactivated-59847e5816856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping that it's either Doctor Octopus or Silver Sable.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By blackspidey2099

@dernman: WTF? I have no idea what you are insinuating. I have neither been banned from ComicVine or made an sort of alt account. Please, just admit your defeat in this debate, or stop replying to my comments. I have no interest in enlightening the obtuse.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: WTF? I have no idea what you are insinuating. I have neither been banned from ComicVine or made an sort of alt account. Please, just admit your defeat in this debate, or stop replying to my comments. I have no interest in enlightening the obtuse.

That's it boy. Beg. Come on Beg. yeah that's a good boy. Now here's your treat.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: That might work on dogs like you, but not on me.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shuri,she is the only Black Panther I liked.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: That might work on dogs like you, but not on me.

No more treats for you boy. No matter how much you beg. You need obedience school.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kcomicfan

@dernman: Blackspidey2099 is saying that he was not banned. If that is true then I am right.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Spider-Ock

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: You need to go to preschool, dude.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By goonage

Isn't Kaine alive?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kcomicfan
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need stop begging for my attention. Have some self respect.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dernman

@kcomicfan said:

@dernman: Blackspidey2099 is saying that he was not banned. If that is true then I am right.

I'm not lying. Even If I'm mistaken about the ban it still doesn't change the fact that he got several warning from Renchamp for direct name calling. . You can ask him if you don't believe me. It also doesn't change the alt thing or the still hounding me when I told him I don't want any interaction because of our history.

So no it doesn't change anything. Hell just the fact I never wanted to interact with him considering our bad history is enough. He was never going to get a anything but what he's getting from me the moment I noticed it was him doing the reply. Even if he agreed and had a change of heart I would have just ignored him instead of replying. So you point doesn't really make much sense.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    • Gwen Stacy: Needs to stay dead.
    • Uncle Ben: Needs to stay dead.
    • Silver Sable: Don't really care.
    • Ben Reilly: No more Spiders
    • Kaine: No more Spiders.
    • Mattie Franklin: No more Spiders
    • Madame Web (The Original): Don't really care.
    • Doctor Octopus: He already is alive.
    • Other: Still thinking about it.

This! This so much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    • Gwen Stacy: Needs to stay dead.
    • Uncle Ben: Needs to stay dead.
    • Silver Sable: Don't really care.
    • Ben Reilly: No more Spiders
    • Kaine: No more Spiders.
    • Mattie Franklin: No more Spiders
    • Madame Web (The Original): Don't really care.
    • Doctor Octopus: He already is alive.
    • Other: Still thinking about it.

This! This so much.

I agree with this list with the exception of Silver Sable. I think she's pretty cool.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As it stands, here are the numbers of the poll with 37 votes

• Gwen Stacy: 1 Vote
    • Uncle Ben: 2 Votes
    • Silver Sable: 4 Votes
    • Ben Reilly: 3 Votes
    • Kaine: 10 Votes
    • Mattie Franklin: 1 Vote
    • Madame Web (The Original): 1 Vote
    • Doctor Octopus: 6 Votes
    • Other: 9 Votes

I agree with this list with the exception of Silver Sable. I think she's pretty cool.

She's my choice as well, but not only for that. I feel she would be a good replacement for Mary Jane as Peters' love interest if Marvel is determined to keep them apart.

Why?

Every time I've read an issue where they worked together I always got the sense that unlike other heroes who would see him as a menace, Sable actually respected him as a hero, and knew he was not what other people thought he was, granted she can sometimes be cold towards him when it comes to business or her country, but you can't deny that there was always a clear chemistry between them and I would like to think that if he wasn't with Mary Jane, something would have happened, like what happened in the what if issue where they got married. and while I I'm still erked by what Slott did to her at the end of Ends of the Earth arc, I will give Slott "some" praise for the interaction between her and Peter during and just before the arc, plus the fact she confessed her attraction to him and implication she wanted to take it further, but at the time he was trying to get back with Mary Jane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: I agree. A relationship between Spidey and Sable would be pretty unique. And personally, I would very much prefer Sable over Mary Jane.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zarius

I dunno...I feel being with Sable would diminish Peter further as an everyman, not to mention Sable's job as a mercenary can lead to conflict with his own ideologies (in fact, Felicia being involved with mercenaries is what drove him towards marriage to MJ in the first place), and if people had a problem with the "supermodel" thing before with MJ, what will they make of Peter dating someone like that? Then again, considering those same hypocrites like Peter being a corporate busybody, I don't suppose it matters at this point.

Here's a fun factoid for you...back when I was a kid, I actually wanted Sable to end up with Sandman when they were part of the Wild Pack.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a surprise that Ben Reilly actually got votes.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: Dude, why are you so obsessed about keeping Peter as an "everyman"? The whole point of that was to come about naturally through Peter's actions and his humility, not to force him into being poor, unsuccessful, limit his romantic opportunities, etc etc. This is why I hate that misconception so much - people run away with it and try to ruin everything else about Spidey by stripping all natural progression away and stunting his character growth.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zarius

@blackspidey2099 said:

@zarius: Dude, why are you so obsessed about keeping Peter as an "everyman"?

Because he works better as one. The stories are more relatable, things are simpler for it, you get a better grasp of the quality of life you have by living vicariously through his experiences. You also misunderstand me in that you assume I want to see him poor and unsuccessful. I don't. Whenever they go that route and really go to town on it, it leads to the worst possible storylines (Mackie's run, BND era) because Peter is frankly not the age for it. I just feel Peter being the "everyman" and using his smarts to prevent street-level crime (like his job in MC2) is more approachable to me than being a jet-flying corporate globetrotter. It's a subjective preference.

I don't know why you're so obsessed with him being Mr. Super-Genius when all signs have pointed to it NOT being natural character growth for him as it only occured by devil magic interrupting his TRUE continuity and path in life, and he attained his current success through someone else and is making crucial mistakes that the Peter I know wouldn't normally make, but is doing so for the benefit of a woefully written storyline so it flows from Point A to Point B

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius: I'm obsessed with him being Mr. Super-Genius because it is a core character trait, unless you think that building web shooters at the age of 15 is something anyone can do. Besides, the devil magic, as you call it, had nothing to do with this, (like I've explained many times), but rather with resurrecting Aunt May. 2 completely unrelated things. Also, I don't know what you are talking of when you speak of someone else, but Parker Industries' success is wholly Peter's (again, which I've explained to you numerous times).

As for him working better as one, that's very subjective, and it seems like many disagree with that. I'd rather continue to keep some logic in my comic books than ignore character traits in order to satisfy my upersonal preferences, but to each his own, I guess.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Haven't you realized that you are the one continuously replying to my posts and THEN saying you have no interest in talking to me as my arguments are clearly superior? If you don't want to continue, don't reply.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By dernman

@blackspidey2099: Are you still talking? Haven't you realized nobody is listening? I know I haven't actually read any of you're posts since early on once I realized it was you. Why do you think they're not addressing the things you say? So keep begging and get what you're getting.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw, the last I checked Kaine, SS, and Ock are all alive...

Garanam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Kaine is actually alive I didn't want to waste a vote on him...

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no one that I actually "want" to come back alive, but... I have no idea who this is. My biggest bets would be SS, Kaine or Doc Ock, but none of them were truly 100% dead to begin with. Nor do I think they're big enough to have an announcement just for that. UNLESS IT'S ONE FOR A NEW NEW SCARLET SPIDER SOLO QUIET FOOL A MAN CAN DREAM

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob Collier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Kaine. Revealed to be alive at the end of Spider-Verse, no doubt he'll find his way back to 616. If it's not him, the other obvious is Doc Octavius via A.I. to wreck hell on Parker's life. Third, Silver Sable, since Madame Web confirms she's likely still alive.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By animehunter

From Comicbook.com

The Mystery of Marvel's "Dead No More" Solved?

Speculating about what's to come is a time honored tradition amongst comics fans. Parsing through solicits, foreshadowing, and minor details to unveil the machinations behind these monthly stories can be a lot of fun. Half of that fun lies in sharing your theories with friends and we here at ComicBook.Com have something we think is well worth sharing. There's nothing more hyped in superhero comics today than Marvel's "Dead No More", and we might have cracked its mystery.

The solution begins from two pieces of evidence found outside of comics. First Marvel updated their "Dead No More" ads to include a spider-web and red curtain, indicating a certain webhead would somehow be involved. Now the publisher has released details on their Free Comic Book Day offerings, specifically FCBD Captain America. The story focuses on Captain America being written by Nick Spencer, but there is a second writers name besides Spencers on the solicit: Dan Slott. If there is one thing Slott is synonymous with, it's Spider-Man. The announcement also mentions that this comic will also "offer new information on Marvel's mysterious 'Dead No More' story." If there was any doubt that this plot will focus on Spider-Man, that should be abolished.

Knowing that a Marvel story features Spider-Man doesn't mean too much considering he is their most popular character worldwide. However, Slott is also well known for plotting stories years in advance. The seeds for his Superior Spider-Man became all too obvious in retrospect, a structure of carefully laid groundwork leading to the replacement of Spider-Man with is arch-nemesis Doctor Octopus. So we decided to look at what Slott has been doing recently on Amazing Spider-Man to see what he might be up to, and there have been some significant clues since the relaunch of the series.

Dead No More The Rhino

At the end of Amazing Spider-Man #2, the story jumps to a depressed Rhino lying on the beach who is approached by a mysterious stranger in a red suit. Just as Rhino appears ready to beat the stranger, he reveals his dead wife Oksana (killed in Amazing Spider-Man #617). The Rhino is overcome by gratitude and agrees to do whatever the stranger asks. This isn't the only instance of a villain's loved ones being made "dead no more" recently though.

Dead No More The Lizard

Later at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #4, The Lizard is approached by the same stranger who reveals his wife and son (thought to be killed by cancer and his own hand, respectively) are alive and well. Again, the stranger has earned the loyalty of a classic Spidey villain by returning their loved ones to life.

This means two important things. One, a villain is collecting Spider-Man's greatest foes for some nefarious or, dare I say, sinister purpose. Two, that villain has the ability to return the dead to life in some capacity. So far these resurrections have only affected supporting characters, but there are several big names that have been brought up recently in Slott's run.

Dead No More Doctor Octopus

The most obvious name is that of Otto Octavius who was revealed to still be alive in the body of The Living Brain at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #1. If someone is looking for Spider-villains and has the ability to bring back the dead, there's no way they could skip the wall crawler's greatest deceased foe. If it weren't for Otto's mechanical state, it wouldn't be difficult to believe that he's behind it all. Instead, it looks like his return is just part of a much larger scheme.

Dead No More Silver Sable

There's one Spider-villain turned ally who has been waiting to make a return as well. Ever since Silver Sable was killed by The Rhino in "Ends of the Earth", Slott has focused on how guilty Peter feels about her death. He has obsessed over his own inability to save her and what he would do to save everyone. With both her killer and the ability to return the dead to life in the mix, is it possible that Silver Sable won't feature in "Dead No More"? What her role will be is unclear. Will she return as a villain (look at how souless the Connors family's eyes are when The Lizard looks at them)? Or will she become yet another deal with the devil that Peter cannot turn down?

What's clear is that someone with the ability to bring the dead back to life is plotting against Peter and collecting some of his greatest foes to help. "Dead No More" is bound to feature The Lizard, The Rhino, Doctor Octopus, and Silver Sable all in some capacity based on their roles in Slott's previous Spider-Man events. The only major question left is who is behind all of this?

Green Goblin Dead No More

That's the only piece of the puzzle that hasn't quite clicked into place yet, but we have two great theories. The first of which is that this is the return of Norman Osborne as the Green Goblin. He resurfaced at the end of Amazing Spider-Man #3 as an arms dealer whose face was wrapped in bandages. This would explain why neither The Lizard nor The Rhino recognized him, and would put Spidey's other greatest arch-nemesis at the forefront of this story.

The other option is Mr. Jacobs, a major investor in Parker Industries, who was just revealed to be the ringleader behind Zodiac who destroyed much of the gang in order to cover his own tracks. The color is certainly right considering the red suit of the stranger and red cape of Zodiac match. Zodiac also has some mystical abilities that might explain how he is resurrecting people.

Of course, the real answer might actually be it is both of these men. While Mr. Jacobs clearly alludes to Jacob Fury, the original Zodiac (currently deceased, for whatever it's worth), no one knows what Norman Osborne currently looks like. He's a well known multi-tasker and certainly up to the challenge of running a gang, an arms manufacturing operation, and investing on Wall Street. In fact, all three of these operations could benefit one another and fit right into the Green Goblin's wheelhouse. He's also one of the few living villains aware of Spider-Man's secret identity.

That's why we think "Dead No More" will be the start of the greatest Green Goblin scheme yet. The man in the red suit isn't wearing his true colors. Instead, he's wearing a variety of disguises in order to attach Spider-Man from all sides using his new power of life over death. With that power at his disposal, who knows what else might happen? Even Spider-Man's most dearly deceased like Gwen Stacy and Uncle Ben won't be safe from the Goblin's wrath.

So what do you think? Does this sound plausible or is there a better theory? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Not sure if I'm fully convinced that Gobby is behind this. But if he is, then it'd be great. About time for Osborn to remind us readers why he is and will always be Spidey's arch nemesis.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

None, let them stay dead.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll never do it but I would like his daughter. They bait us with her in the SecretWars Comics and there's been questions if she ever died to begin with. Just give the damn guy his baby

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

izamanaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By izamanaick

@animehunter The guy in the red suit, it's the Jackal. He's cloning everyone, I'm assuming.

From Captain America & Amazing Spider-Man - Dead No More (FCBD 2016).

No Caption Provided

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter The guy in the red suit, it's the Jackal. He's cloning everyone, I'm assuming.

Yep you guest right, even the mask he's wearing the symbol for the Egyptian god Anubis you is often shown with the head of a Jackal.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ShadowPro

i would gwen to be back like for good, for ever, but we know they're too stupid to bring her back, besides, I have to know, am i the only one who feels like she's gonna kill herself at the end of this? I mean, forget about fogiving peter, it doesn't mayer if she does or not, cuz am pretty sure she will kill herself for whatever stupid reason, just look at the last panel the llook in her eyes is like that of a wman who wanrs to die, and it's so awesome and creppy at the same dam time, the artist (this is Giuseppe Camuncoli, right?) is AMAZING, SUPERIOR, good thing ramos doesn't have anything to do with it, cuz he will fuck it up, excuse my french, but is the truth, he doesn't have the capacity to draw anything near as good as this

No Caption Provided

I am like genuinly scared and amazed byt the look on her eyes,

also I love how everyone here votes for sable and forget that web saud she is still alive

Giuseppe Camuncoli]

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you like to be in a story written by Dan Slott?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.