Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

ASM issues 1-100 (1963-1971)

esco1199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I pretty much have every issue from 100-present which took a lot of good luck, time, and some money. Started when I was about 15 yrs old and I am 31 now and its a been a fun ride which I do not want to stop until I have them all. However, besides a few lucky finds I am missing quite a few from 1-100 and its getting harder and harder for money to not be the last resort. I understand im still young but any collectors have any advice or a story about "finding that one issue" just to keep hope alive. When im 70 years old I will have no problem spending 250 grand on a mint Spider Man: Freak! Public Menace!....

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By knightwriteri

Buy Marvel Masterworks.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if you're not a big spender you can always buy reprints.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esco1199:

I've been pretty lucky in accumulating the entire run of ASM vol 1 up to #700. That's when I stopped purchasing ASM and just read them at my LCS. Slott's man-child version of the character doesn't interest me at all.

The other thing you could try is purchasing The Amazing Spider-Man / The Complete Collection on DVD-ROM by Gitcorp.

These were legitimate PDF scans of every issue through to June 2006, but Marvel eventually pulled their licensing in favour of Marvels online digital publishing.

I bought mine when they were selling for around $40. You can probably still find copies floating around on Ebay and other sites but they're selling for approx $400. You never know, you might be lucky enough to find a cheaper copy.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By magnetic_eye

@esco1199:

Here's one I just found on Ebay for $99. It's the case and DVD-ROM with all the issues on it. It's just missing the illustrated gate sleeve box that the DVD slides into.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-The-Complete-Comic-Book-Collection-On-DVd-rom-/112076607544

Plus Amazon with the box packaging.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-Complete-Collection/dp/B000HKIM7Q/ref=cm_lmf_img_8

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Have you tried looking on Amazon?

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esco1199:

Sites that I've purchased back issues from include:

MyComicShop

NewKadia

Mile High Comics

esco1199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetic_eye: Sorry I guess my post was not clear but I am collecting them single issues only and all I need now are 1-100. Besides a few missing here and there I have all single issues from 101-141, 1-58, and then 500-present. I can read them all day online but that's not the same as having the physical comic. Every ASM issue I have has only been touched once when I initially get it I make sure its legit and then right back in the plastic w/board. Yeah I am crazy with my comics....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.