Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man #698-700 Spoiler-filled Discussion

• 414 results
    DinoBotLog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By DinoBotLog1

@Icarusflies: @Icarusflies said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: There's a difference between spoilers when one hasn't read an issue that's already come out, and coming into a thread to discuss an issue that HASN'T come out. Looks like it doesn't really matter at this point though...

You have a point. I mean, who knows what will really happen in the final issue?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By laflux

@PunyParker: Ha,HaSins PastHa,Ha,Ha,Ha

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#203  Edited By Strider1992

@DinoBotLog1 said:

@Icarusflies: @Icarusflies said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: There's a difference between spoilers when one hasn't read an issue that's already come out, and coming into a thread to discuss an issue that HASN'T come out. Looks like it doesn't really matter at this point though...

You have a point. I mean, who knows what will really happen in the final issue?

Dan Slott?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#204  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92 said:

Dan Slott?

When we are mentioning ourselves,we are ending the phrase with a full-stop "." not with a question mark "?" ,Dan...

@laflux said:

@PunyParker: Ha,HaSins PastHa,Ha,Ha,Ha

Fuck-the fuck-off!

Cruel man...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Strider1992

@PunyParker: Stop trying to blow my cover god damnit!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By PunyParker

@Strider92:

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Earth616

By the way, what is going to happen in Avenging Spiderman???? Is it ending too, or will Ock be Spidey in that too????????????

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#208  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Have you guys head about the leaked images or does anyone need to be filled in?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#209  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@PunyParker: Watch the language, please.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By PunyParker

@god_spawn: ok sorry..

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Earth616

@HushoftheWind said:

Lets just "If." "If" Ock does indeed have have control of Pete's body with his memories and morals, shouldn't Ock feel guilty for what he is doing? I mean "If" Ock does be Superior Spider-Man, wouldn't that just be selfish on his part? All this just comes off to quite sloppy story telling. i thought that it would have been better if Pete would have gotten his body and still retaining his genius memories + doc ocks, instead vice versa. wow just wow.

Woah, that would have been pretty cool!!! If Pete got his body back, but realized that Ock was still in his brain that would have been pretty sweet I think!!!!!!! I really wish that that happened and not the other way around, but I guess I trust Dan Slott... I mean, he has done an awesome job so far..... And he says it's going to be good, so it probably will........ But I just can't stand the thought of Pete being defeated by such a horrible man in such a horrible way... I hope this doesn't last for too long, because evil is not supposed to overpower good.... It's just not the way it's supposed to go.... And even if Ock DOES turn good from having Pete's memories and morals present in his mind, and acts like Spidey and stuff, it still won't be the same without Pete.................................................................................................................................................................................................

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6179a9df861
    deactivated-5d6179a9df861

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Earth616: Agreed. Marvel seems to think it is the suit we care about, but in fact it is Peter and his soapopera of a life that keep many interested.

Dalwih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Dalwih

Quick question, what happened to Morbius in ASM 699.1? I haven't read that one yet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dalwih:

He escapes from the raft. He has a series of flashbacks where his origens is explained. It is just setting the stage for his solo series.

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Earth616

What's going to happen to Avenging Spiderman??? Will it end too???????????

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#217  Edited By animehunter

@Earth616: As far as I know, it's continuing.

Here are links to issue 15.1 & issue 16

and according to Slott only read 15.1 after reading 700

Shinjiro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Shinjiro15

so it either ock or they both die?

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Earth616

@animehunter Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Lamenoire

... I think drawing conclusions from these spoiler is not a good idea. We all saw some clifangers at the end of an issue in we know that there is 15.1 happening after 700.

And we all seen some character die and come back in an other form : Superman dying at the end of doomsday, Batman dying in Final crisis, Spiderman dying after fighting Morlun, Kaine being killed by Kraven. Just wait and see.

Maybe Peter will have a "the other" moment" even if he is in Ock body. After all Kaine had one of this moment and he is only a clone. So peter being in an other body doesn't seem to be an obstacle

and we don't know if Pete really was in OCk' body at that time

Dalwih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Dalwih

@pulseangel666: Okay, thanks. I was thinking perhaps he's tied into the Superior Spider-man

AtomEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By AtomEarth2

hope u guys enjoy even moooooooooooore spidey

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#223  Edited By redmanta

i just finished reading spider man 700 and i'm not going to read any spider man story until the real peter parker is back thank you very much dan

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By perry_411

Cancel your subscriptions to Spider-Man or you are no better than a child murderer.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By camstevens80

The way Slott handled the issue was better than I was expecting. I had read that Doc Ock had always wanted to be the hero so Peter was ok with it but that's not what happened. Ock wanted to be the bad guy but Peter forced him to basically live all of Peter's memories and basically reprogram Doc Ock. Ock even said he didn't want to be a good guy and he couldn't understand how Peter had endured all he had endured because of the great power and great responsibility. I even enjoyed the last moment when Ock lifted up Pete so he could see his loved ones one last time before he died. With all that said, I think it was a stupid move because Spiderman isn't just about a costume or power and responsibility, it's about Peter and who he is. Ultimately, the bad guy won. Not reading a Spiderman comic until this gets rectified.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By animehunter

If that's the case, then I am no longer interested in reading Superior Spider-man, because to me there is only one Spider-man and that is Peter Parker, and to see Doc Ock take over the mantle as well as the relationship with Mary Jane REALLY does not sit will with me, it actually turns my stomach, I would have said something harsher but I have to hold back what I really felt.

So until Peter returns, I definitely won't be reading any Superior Spider-man issues.

Dan Slott, you sir have really dropped the ball and you are most assuredly off my Christmas list. AND I totally believe you just committed career suicide.

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By spideyfan69

wher did you read the comic?

sergyanime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#228  Edited By sergyanime

Dan Slott is my favorite writer

Peter parker is my favorite Character of all time

Id like to say now that until peter parker is back Dan Slott is as good as gone in my head as well. I watched the podcast with him and I find it hard to believe Slott would even be near considering this his greatest story of all time. Killing peter takes balls but what takes bigger balls is to do it while putting his worst enemy in his body to bang his ex wife, play child with his aunt, and play hero with his world.

I'm not even going to pick up 700. I'll open it up to make sure the spoiler was right if it is I will proceed to put it back down and let the owner of my local shop I'm dropping anything with spiderman in it.

Call me fan boy, call me what ever, because I do not care at all. Peter Parker is why I read spiderman and I'm sure he is why most people read spiderman.

"It's comics things always go back" well that doesn't matter it's like taking a dump on a person then saying come on it will wash off. No screw you, you can't take a dump on me Slott. I refuse to imagine this happened. I pray that sales for super spiderman are so low they have no choice but to can the series and revert to peter being spidey.

Sorry Slott but me and you are over to many creators out there I can read instead, to many comics coming out every week, I can't read a story by a person who thinks that was a good idea, just no.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By EscGamer

I'll still read ASM 700 to regardless if this is the ending or not and I'll probably still buy SSM because I am interested in how he will handle the mantle of the spider. Personally I see the mantle in the same regard as the mantle of the bat..not anyone can just step in those shoes. He might just break down for all we know. Dick took the bat mantle and made it work but went through pure hell and eventually gave it up.(I know creators choice but still made some sense). Anyway if you really think about it and look at the mask the eyes kinda gave me a Doc Ock googles feel to it and also the name Superior....only someone with a huge ego who thinks he's sooo smart that he's all-that-with-a-bag-of-chips-and-a-soda-on the-side attitude would call himself that...i.e..Doc Ock. I can't wait for the Marvel universe reactions if he's really Ock they will tear him apart lol. On a side it seems like Slott's excuse to write his own Spider-Man stories. Your work better with your creations then you do with other peoples toys. Can't wait honestly

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#230  Edited By danhimself

my biggest problem right now isn't that Peter was replaced by Ock but that Peter was killed....I don't think this is the ending that Peter deserved at all...after everything that he's been through and done he deserved better than to die and be replaced by his greatest villain...he deserved to retire on a tropical resort or something along those lines...not death

mariioow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By mariioow

@danhimself said:

my biggest problem right now isn't that Peter was replaced by Ock but that Peter was killed....I don't think this is the ending that Peter deserved at all...after everything that he's been through and done he deserved better than to die and be replaced by his greatest villain...he deserved to retire on a tropical resort or something along those lines...not death

^This

And I won't buy superior, I'll start buying it the day DD, Logan, Johnny, Kaine, MJ, aunt May, Julia, or any of Spidey's friends notice this and kill the **** out of Otto and bring Peter back. What kind of ending is this for a character that has literally gave up pretty much everything to be a good person.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By animehunter

I would like to add, this better not take a whole year (6 months tops) before returning to how things should be.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By moywar700

What if a telepath read fake Spider-Man's mind and found out Doc Ock was pretending to be him.The telepath accidentally erases Doc Ock's memory leaving Doc Ock into believing he's Peter Parker.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By HushoftheWind

Yeah, i can see Carlie being a major figure in the books ahead since Pete(in ock's body) told her he was. C'MOOOOON CARLIE!!!!

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By HushoftheWind

@camstevens80 said:

The way Slott handled the issue was better than I was expecting. I had read that Doc Ock had always wanted to be the hero so Peter was ok with it but that's not what happened. Ock wanted to be the bad guy but Peter forced him to basically live all of Peter's memories and basically reprogram Doc Ock. Ock even said he didn't want to be a good guy and he couldn't understand how Peter had endured all he had endured because of the great power and great responsibility. I even enjoyed the last moment when Ock lifted up Pete so he could see his loved ones one last time before he died. With all that said, I think it was a stupid move because Spiderman isn't just about a costume or power and responsibility, it's about Peter and who he is. Ultimately, the bad guy won. Not reading a Spiderman comic until this gets rectified.

THE FACT THAT PETER OCK BRAGGED ABOUT THE WIN OVER PETE IN AVENGING DIDN'T HELP THE WOUND EITHER!? I WANTED TO THROW MY LAPTOP!!! JIM-MINNIE CHRISTMAS!! (trying not to swear, but GOSH DARN it Moderators the FLIPPING pain is killing me).

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By camstevens80

Oh yeah, and to frustrate anyone else... Mary Jane tells Ock/Peter that she still loves him. That was just a twist of the knife.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#237  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Lol this thread. Why so butthurt?

Well, as someone who is tired of reading the same old rehashed stories over and over, this story was a positive surprise. I'm starting to read Spider-Man again.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By camstevens80

Avenging Spiderman is terrible. It's just Ock gloating that he won and killed Parker. Who thought people wanted to see a Doc Ock comic book was an idiot. He's not good enough to have his own comic so they had to give him Spider Man's powers and book to make him seem even a tad bit interesting. Slott isn't a Spider-Man fan, he's a Doc Ock fan. What a goober.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#239  Edited By fesak  Moderator

All hail the Superior Spider-Man

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Strider1992

I have to say that now i've seen 700 in context Superior is actually looking pretty damn good!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By SmashBrawler

Hmm... I still don't know how I feel about this, but I'll give Superior Spider-Man a shot anyway.

personz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By personz

Bet this make people miss Ben Reilly REAL BAD.

That being said, Sure I don't like this whatsoever but I am interested in seeing where it is going.

I like Dan Slott's writing and if anything this makes me interested in how long Otto can keep up the charade. If DD 22 is any indication then perhaps he cant do it for very long.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmashBrawler said:

Hmm... I still don't know how I feel about this, but I'll give Superior Spider-Man a shot anyway.

This. It is not so much Spidey I care about, it is Peter. When you are a kid it is Spidey and the cool action you like. It still is when you get older but Peters life becomes more interesting and you kind of releate to the guy.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By SmashBrawler

I'm still kinda disappointed, though. I was expecting something... bigger.

Shinjiro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Shinjiro15

Anyone get the new DD with SSM in it?

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By gridde

I think that the handling of Peter's demise is more than a little insulting to long-term fans (if, indeed, the leaked images are to be believed), but it is a good way to drum up controversy, get some attention and maybe even increase sales for a bit when everyone flocks to see how their most beloved hero receives a dignified and deserved ending. I do wonder how this strategy will play off in the long-run though; new fans drawn in by the ASM movie are unlikely to be interested in a series about Doc Ock, while it seems that the majority of older fans are going to drop Spidey books as well, seeing as how they aren't really Spidey books anymore. It's relatively easy these days to read comics without paying for them, and I don't see much reason to support Marvel financially if they are happy to let their fans "fade away" on a whim.

I strongly suspect there's a bigger plan at work, regarding the character of Peter Parker though. Guys like Slott can't possibly be so arrogant as to believe that the franchise is no longer a business that depends on fans buying the product, but their own personal playground to write the stories only they find appealing (with fans apparnently being an optional factor). Maybe he thinks that this fan outcry will not effect sales, as was the case with Death of Spider-Man in Ultimate, and Brand New Day.

@camstevens80 said:

Wait, are people already getting their hands on #700?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By SmashBrawler
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Strider1992
    No Caption Provided
    spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By spideyfan69

Where did you guys read asm 700 or avenging 15?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.