Follow

Spawn (Simmons)

Character » Spawn (Simmons) appears in 1430 issues.

A highly trained assassin, murdered by his employer and former friend Chapel. Albert ''Al'' Francis Simmons sold his soul to Malebolgia, one of the many rulers of the Hell, in order to see his wife Wanda Blake again. Malebolgia had other things in mind for Al and sent him back to earth with no memory as a Hellspawn, one of his soldiers, to do his bidding. After realizing what he had lost, Al swore revenge, and became the vigilante known as Spawn.

Is Spawn Racist?

• 59 results
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Primmaster64

Do you have scans when this happened?

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Hunter114
    @Formidable : 
    Like I have said, we are all human... but there are also sub-catagories that stem from that... these catagories include gender, race, country of origin, eye colour, hair colour and all manner of social and psychological classification... that doesn't mean that we are a different species and no-one has said that we are.

The races all have certain genetic predispostions and predeterminations, we see this all the time and it is also quite clear that humans seperated into different groups as they migrated from Africa, these groups then evolved to adapt to their surroundings... Which explains why the races are all so different.

55,000 years and no evolution? - then how did we go from being one species that looked alike, to having four distinct groups of people that clearly do not... if they changed over time to suit their surroundings then that is clearly a case of evolution.

A different race does not mean a different species... it is a classification for groups within a species.
    Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Wise Son
    @G'bandit said:
    "    :P "
    Tommie Smith, the guy I was named after. 

Anyways... I believe that their are different races just as their are sub species  of dogs, cats, and other animals. All share the same genetic lineage but with minute differences between them. 
    Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By Om1kron

this blog made me lul. 

Formidable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Formidable
    @Hunter114 said:
    " @Formidable :  Like I have said, we are all human... but there are also sub-catagories that stem from that... these catagories include gender, race, country of origin, eye colour, hair colour and all manner of social and psychological classification... that doesn't mean that we are a different species and no-one has said that we are. The races all have certain genetic predispostions and predeterminations, we see this all the time and it is also quite clear that humans seperated into different groups as they migrated from Africa, these groups then evolved to adapt to their surroundings... Which explains why the races are all so different.  55,000 years and no evolution? - then how did we go from being one species that looked alike, to having four distinct groups of people that clearly do not... if they changed over time to suit their surroundings then that is clearly a case of evolution.  A different race does not mean a different species... it is a classification for groups within a species. "
    No. There are no sub categories. We are all homosapiens. Social classifications have nothing to to with scientific classifications. We all adapted but none of us have evolved into a separate species.This is a case of adaptation not evolution, period. We have not nor will we evolve into another species.Race is a sociological nomenclature thought up by bigoted scientists to deceive gullible people and attempt to give others a false sense of superiority and to try to divide us. There is only one human race. There is only one human species.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Hunter114
    @Formidable : 
    No sub catagories? - But that would imply that we are all identical... which we are not. There are in fact many sub catagories which people can be divided into and compared to see if there is a comparrison between one criteria and another eg gender, race, age, height, weight, eyes, hair etc.

Social contexts are scientific classifications in their own right... and I never said that people evolved into a seperate species I said that the process of human evolution had taken place - as well as mentioning several times that any member of the four races are still human, something which you are still arguing despite the fact that we both agree on it.

Race is a scientific grouping of people with similar characteristics, there was no intention to deceive or give anyone any sense of superiority or inferiority because science holds no value over the races, only the truth that they exist... and again for some reason you think that "race" means "species" - it does not... races are scientific classifications within the human species, like breeds of dog or strains of viruses.

To say that there is no such thing race is retarded in the truest sense of the word... you can clearly see the difference between black people and white people and it's more than just skin deep, as shown in the Olympics, where most African atheletes perform better in tests of speed, most Europeans perform better in feats of strength and most Asians perform better in feats of agility, as well as having different physical, biological and genetic traits.

But that does not mean that people of other races are not human, just as poodles and dalmations are still both dogs.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By NightFang3
    @NexusOfLight said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @NightFang said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:

" Then again, Spawn once turned a white klan leader black and let his own men hang him. "

Lol!!!!, do you have any scenes of this because it sounds funny as H*ll? "
    Nope, but I assure you, the irony was dripping off the page. "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "
    Lol, this is what I dream of happening in a perfect world!
    Formidable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Formidable
    @Hunter114 said:

" @Formidable : 
    No sub catagories? - But that would imply that we are all identical... which we are not. There are in fact many sub catagories which people can be divided into and compared to see if there is a comparrison between one criteria and another eg gender, race, age, height, weight, eyes, hair etc.

Social contexts are scientific classifications in their own right... and I never said that people evolved into a seperate species I said that the process of human evolution had taken place - as well as mentioning several times that any member of the four races are still human, something which you are still arguing despite the fact that we both agree on it.

Race is a scientific grouping of people with similar characteristics, there was no intention to deceive or give anyone any sense of superiority or inferiority because science holds no value over the races, only the truth that they exist... and again for some reason you think that "race" means "species" - it does not... races are scientific classifications within the human species, like breeds of dog or strains of viruses. To say that there is no such thing race is retarded in the truest sense of the word... you can clearly see the difference between black people and white people and it's more than just skin deep, as shown in the Olympics, where most African atheletes perform better in tests of speed, most Europeans perform better in feats of strength and most Asians perform better in feats of agility, as well as having different physical, biological and genetic traits.  But that does not mean that people of other races are not human, just as poodles and dalmations are still both dogs. "

There are no species sub categories. We are all homosapiens. There are no seperate races. We are one human race.

There are no four races, there is only one human race.

Science did not coin the term "race", man did. These antiquated nomenclatures such as race, caucasoid, mongoloid, negroid and australoid etc were coined by 17th and 18th century european anthropologists who knew nothing about genetics and based their classifications on observable physical features. They knew nothing about the fact that we can now trace our lineage and migration directly back to the african continent and assumed these four "races" "evolved" independently of one another in their respective regions. We now know that their data was biased, scientifically dubious, and in many cases completely erroneous and most cultural anthropologists now consider race to be more a social or mental construct than an objective biological fact.

You have simply subscribed to an antiquated mentality concerning the human species. Welcome to the 21st century.

Addendum: an exerpt from the encyclopedia brittanica:

Race: Term once commonly used in physical anthropology to denote a division of humankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type (e.g., Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid). Today the term has little scientific standing, as older methods of differentiation, including hair form and body measurement, have given way to the comparative analysis of DNA and gene frequencies relating to such factors as blood typing, the excretion of amino acids, and inherited enzyme deficiencies. Because all human populations today are extremely similar genetically, most researchers have abandoned the concept of race for the concept of the cline, a graded series of differences occurring along a line of environmental or geographical transition. This reflects the recognition that human populations have always been in a state of flux, with genes constantly flowing from one gene pool to another, impeded only by physical or ecological boundaries. While relative isolation does preserve genetic differences and allow populations to maximally adapt to climatic and disease factors over long periods of time, all groups currently existing are thoroughly "mixed" genetically, and such differences as still exist do not lend themselves to simple typologizing. "Race" is today primarily a sociological designation, identifying a class sharing some outward physical characteristics and some commonalities of culture and history. See also climatic adaptation, ethnic group, racism.

@Primmaster64

said:

" @Formidable said:

" There's only one human race. Pass it along. "

Amen brother "
      Thank you.
    KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By KingAres109

Who wouldnt be pissed if they cant change back to their "OWN" self regarless of ethnic group.If I couldnt change back to my own self,I would be piss.Even if I could change to the same "race" I would be piss.Because I value "myself" more than anything.I would want to be me,and me only.That way your family would be able to know who you are.Other than that they would think your dead and that this person is playing a joke on you.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.