Follow

Sodam Yat

Character » Sodam Yat appears in 132 issues.

Sodam Yat is a Daxamite, the Green Lantern of Space Sector 1760, and former host of the Ion Entity. He's also prophesied as the Greatest of All the Green Lantern Corps.

Sodom Yat question

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By speedlgt

I just read Yat vs Prime and I wanna know dude how freaking strong is Prime? I mean Yat is similar in powers to a superman plus he has a GL ring plus he has ION how is he not strong enough to defeat Prime.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Copy

Yat hasn't spend much time under the yellow sun. The more time he spends under it the stronger he gets. Superboy is superman from the silvar age. Silvar age Superman was like able to just extinguishes the sun with his breath.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

speedlgt says:

"I just read Yat vs Prime and I wanna know dude how freaking strong is Prime? I mean Yat is similar in powers to a superman plus he has a GL ring plus he has ION how is he not strong enough to defeat Prime."

considering that not even monarch was as powerfull.....

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Sodam was also poisoned by lead during that fight.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Methos

speedlgt says:

"I just read Yat vs Prime and I wanna know dude how freaking strong is Prime? I mean Yat is similar in powers to a superman plus he has a GL ring plus he has ION how is he not strong enough to defeat Prime."

Superman-Prime is powerful... we're talking Silver Age powerful where he could juggle planets without pausing...

he's easily able to push the earth out of orbit or vibrate himself through dimensions.

Ion really didn't have a chance, Sodam isn't that powerful yet and he was thrown into the battle directly after receiving the Ion symbiote, he didn't know how to use it or what his limits were, so he got his ass kicked quite quickly.

M

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

He'd also never been under a yellow sun before. The Guardians told him that he would be powered up and his first burst of heat vision was an accident.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

Methos says:

"speedlgt says:

Superman-Prime is powerful... we're talking Silver Age powerful where he could juggle planets without pausing...

he's easily able to push the earth out of orbit or vibrate himself through dimensions.

Ion really didn't have a chance, Sodam isn't that powerful yet and he was thrown into the battle directly after receiving the Ion symbiote, he didn't know how to use it or what his limits were, so he got his ass kicked quite quickly.

M

"

lol good point

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"He'd also never been under a yellow sun before. The Guardians told him that he would be powered up and his first burst of heat vision was an accident."

i don't understand that... because in the comics you clearly see Sodam fighting with Arisia during the battle of Mogo and Rann, but Mogo orbits a giant yellow sun, as seen in hundreds of issues lol

bit of a plot hole there lol

M

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Methos says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
    "He'd also never been under a yellow sun before. The Guardians told him that he would be powered up and his first burst of heat vision was an accident."
    i don't understand that... because in the comics you clearly see Sodam fighting with Arisia during the battle of Mogo and Rann, but Mogo orbits a giant yellow sun, as seen in hundreds of issues lol bit of a plot hole there lol M"

True, but the writer of GLC #18 forgot, or maybe he was on Mogo's night side the whole fight since he didn't use his powers (that I recall).

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

nah. he didn't use his powers...

also of note, OA orbits a yellow sun, as seen in Green Lantern 48 (Hal) where Superman journeyed to OA to prove to the Guardians that the Kryptonians weren't a dead race. also, bit of a strange note there, Superman and Supergirl (Kara Zor-El original) are actually declared Endangered Species and are under the protection of the Guardians... weird but true :p

M

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I never had the Guardians pegged as conservationists. Still, I suppose they did found the Green Lanterns.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos

apparently they actually have a list of endangered species in the galaxy that are under their protection...

though this was silver age, so don't know what that means for current continuity, probably sod all lol

M

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By King_Saturn

Sodom Yat is a real beast. The idea of giving a Daxomite (a Superman like being) a GL ring is awesome.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

yeah... but he'll die if he takes the ring off...

M

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeSAW

He still was able to hang with prime and only lost cause he has the lead poisioning thing

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By whacknasty

so do Daxomites and Kryptonians share anything other than the yellow sun power up thing?  I think i read that Yat used heat ray vision?  I dont know too many enrgy absorbtion characters, but it seems a bit of a coincidence that heat rays manifested in both species...unless that is just a generic thing that comes with sucking up yellow sunlight...

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By velle37
    @Methos said:
    "

nah. he didn't use his powers...

also of note, OA orbits a yellow sun, as seen in Green Lantern 48 (Hal) where Superman journeyed to OA to prove to the Guardians that the Kryptonians weren't a dead race. also, bit of a strange note there, Superman and Supergirl (Kara Zor-El original) are actually declared Endangered Species and are under the protection of the Guardians... weird but true :p

M

"

Interesting... 

Because a lot of old (and nowadays newer) comics are linking Supes with being a GL.... 

Like how Superman 1 Million Prime is the greatest GL, 853 centuries in the future, and a comic that said Abin Sur's ring was originally intended for Superman, and that the Guardians had manipulated Krypton a long time ago to ensure the creation of the perfect GL, Kal-El, but they decided to let him stay on the path destiny had chosen for him, so the ring was given to Hal (also there was a projection of thousands of potential candidates for the ring among them Dick Grayson and Guy Gardner[who did become a GL], to mainly show that Hal becoming GL was nothing special *ducks brick thrown at head from fanboy*)... 

But this is nothing compard to the multiple reasons proposed for the yellow weakness (and Alan's wood weakness) before everyone settled on a cosmic parasite named Parallax.....
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AMS

Prime is another level even the whole science cells containment thing was abit of PIS. The guy is just to powerful to be written consistently.

To lose and still be alive to Prime is an honour really. I wouldn't look at it in a bad way. 

I would defintely say an Experienced Sodam Yat would be one of the top 10 strongest in the DC Universe. 

I don't think Sodam will get a big billing in the comics though because he takes the shine away from the 'Greatest Green Lantern' Hal and the other Earth GL's by being so uber.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.