Follow

Silver Surfer

Character » Silver Surfer appears in 2386 issues.

Norrin Radd of Zenn-La is the mighty herald of Galactus, the devourer of worlds. Gifted with the Power Cosmic and a trusty board that's faster than lightspeed, which he can summon at will whenever needed, Norrin Radd travels to distant reaches throughout the universe as the Silver Surfer.

Silver Surfer Recommendations?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComicStooge

Silver Surfer has peaked my interest as of late as I recently read a story of him getting his powers drained and having to regain them to fight High Evolutionary.

I'd like to read more about him, so does anyone have any recommendations as to what I could read?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Somebody answer this thread! I too desire some Silver Surfer comics! I heard about a story where Reed Richards telling him his silver skin is decaying or something, and he'll die. What story is this? Or does it exist at all?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ComicStooge

@JonSmith said:

Somebody answer this thread! I too desire some Silver Surfer comics! I heard about a story where Reed Richards telling him his silver skin is decaying or something, and he'll die. What story is this? Or does it exist at all?

That's Silver Surfer: Requiem .

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Malevolent1

You might think about some TPB's. Annihilation is FANTASTIC. Abnett and Lanning are right on the money.

The Essential Silver Surfer's are pretty good. I think they take you from Stan and Buscema's original run up to the early Jim Starlin and Ron Lim stuff (incidentally, if you like great artists, you might just appreciate Ron Lim, who finished off the Infinity Gauntlet after Perez could not complete). Galactus the Devourer is kick ass. Hard to narrow down. I love pretty much everything Silver Surfer.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xblah_blahx

Silver Surfer: The Herald Ordeal was one of my favorite arcs. Requiem is a good read, but obviously it's not canon.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
    deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enslavers is a must read.

Also, if you're into it, DC/Marvel's crossovers, Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances, written by Ron Marz (love you Ron!!) and George Perez's Superman/Silver Surfer were a lot of fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.