Follow

Silver Surfer

Character » Silver Surfer appears in 2388 issues.

Norrin Radd of Zenn-La is the mighty herald of Galactus, the devourer of worlds. Gifted with the Power Cosmic and a trusty board that's faster than lightspeed, which he can summon at will whenever needed, Norrin Radd travels to distant reaches throughout the universe as the Silver Surfer.

Can silver surfer stop time?

KevinConnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

???

KevinConnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I've seen him do it one time

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinconnor: He can manipulate it, and go back in time, so I guess so...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kgb725
    Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: He can time travel into the past and future and effectively is aware and can see the past, present and future all simultaneously, but whether he could stop time itself OF Thor style not sure; but he can manipulate like how the Flash does IMO.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: I know all that but technically speaking I don't think he could stop It

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@kingant27: I know all that but technically speaking I don't think he could stop It

I doubt he could stop it OF Thor style, maybe for a user he could; but maybe not Time in Reality itself IMO.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By termiteone4ever

NO surfer cant stop time . He hasnt done that in comics . Older version he has travel back. That power was taken away. Even back then when he has that power he never used it in combat to defeat a character. Now current surfer with this power he is using from the powerful entity is capable of doing that.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has been shown able to move through time on some occasions but not stop it. He can move fast enough that time would appear to be halted though.

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
    All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevinconnor:No Surfer can't stop time. He can travel through time easily, but not stop it. People might show you a scan where Surfer was moving in a stopped time, but in that issue i believe it's Living Tribunal that required Surfer's help and made him able to move in stopped time.

Current Surfer is channelling Cosmic cube power through his body in order to use it to shape a new universe, but it's not like Surfer has evolved into a more powerful being he's just borrowing Shaper of Worlds power in order to create a new universe, and Surfer is doing it outside of time or you can say in a stopped time if you want, but that's only because he's using cosmic cube power

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jigen879: Thor can't stop time unless he has odin force and he masters it, because Odin can do that, and Rune King Thor, but not regular Thor.

Silver Surfer is borrowing Cosmic cube power from Shaper Of Worlds to recreate the universe. this is happening in the latest issue Silver Surfer 014 (2015). He even recreated Galactus and then destroyed him.

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jigen879 said:

@all_mighty_beyonder: Cool silver surfer however where odin stop time

emmm i can't remember in which issue that happened, it's an old issue, but i remember that Odin cast a spell on the entire population of earth and teleported them in a stopped time away from the planet

Jigen879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all_mighty_beyonder: Yes but it is different because i remember that the People were only teleteport

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
    deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

This should be addressed.

Under normal circumstances, the Silver does notmanipulate time.

The Surfer enters the time stream like the elite few that do it on sheer speed alone.

In terms of manipulating time, for example, willing time to stop (with a thought), he has done it once, in Guardians of the Galaxy, when he (his future self) was wielding the quantum bands:

No Caption Provided

@dami24434

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he can stop time like people have said just travel forward or backward.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion: sorry to bump an old thread, but I swear I remember Surfer rewinding time on a planet or something to find out how it was destroyed... lol I may be confusing characters or feats but do you know of anything like that?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#21 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: He went back in time to find out what happened to himself in the past once and discovered Zenn-La was destroyed.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinblackheart: I see. So he is able to time travel but is unable to stop time. I thought it was an ability of his awhile ago but I was mistaken. Thank you for the information.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: I renremem him "peeling back the layers of time" to see an event that once took place, I can't recall exactly where. He definitely hasn't stopped time though. Unless you want to count the instance posted already with the quantum bands.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 morpheus_  Moderator

He has stopped time outright, but it was in Squirrel Girl's comic.

Bonus points for basically calling Loki a charlatan with petty magic tricks in the same issue.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: so was it canon or no? If so, then I’m sort of confused on the way he’s written vs someone like Thanos... but that’s just me not letting go lol.

@majinblackheart: ah that’s actually pretty cool! Thanks

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 morpheus_  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: It's canon, but the series is comedic in nature.

Thanos is a tier or two above the Surfer, it's just the way it is. Writers seldom prove to be imaginative in powerhouse fights, it's usually blast/punch on repeat.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: It's canon, but the series is comedic in nature.

Thanos is a tier or two above the Surfer, it's just the way it is. Writers seldom prove to be imaginative in powerhouse fights, it's usually blast/punch on repeat.

Feels like such a waste for such a tragic hero, then again if its consistent I guess it just is what it is. Thanks Morph.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

He has stopped time outright, but it was in Squirrel Girl's comic.

Bonus points for basically calling Loki a charlatan with petty magic tricks in the same issue.

Feats in a place you'd least expect them, lol. Second part is more awesome than the first if you ask me.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 morpheus_  Moderator

@majinblackheart: The Surfer literally slaps a planet away in the same series, the writer had some outrageous appreciation for him.

No Caption Provided

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 morpheus_  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: I don't believe it's a waste to be inferior to a massively powerful opponent. The Surfer could had been written more inventively in the few fights he's had against Thanos, but I place more value in how he's written against or in comparison to his peers.

Anytime.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: I agree with most of that, but the waste is ignoring his capabilities. I’m not saying he should rag doll Thanos and become a different level of power, I’m saying we’ve seen lesser characters punch and affect outside their weight class and it not necessarily be PIS/WIS. Norrin gets sort of ragdolled or literally physically beaten to death by the Mad Titan and someone wielding the power cosmic, that’s got some of the feats he has should be able to at least draw some blood or make a bout of it. I’d consider Thanos one of his top 3 adversaries (maybe?) and he just gets wrecked, without using any of the abilities that might give him a better shot. Of course lol he’s a fictional character but sometimes I believe writers have downplayed him or just plain ignored his abilities for the sake of making Thanos look that much better. Then we have the avengers giving Thanos a tough fight, Namor draw blood (PIS lol), Gamora (iirc), and a weakened Black about drawing blood or putting up a better fight against him, Drax kill or stab Thanos (I cant remember which) etc... I am by no means saying they’re consistent or that any of them are in Thanos level weight class, but I believe out of all of them, Surfer included, he should put up more decent showing. I wouldn’t mind seeing a good bout, Norrin giving it all he’s got and still coming out with a loss but taking some of Thanos’ smirk with him. Getting some decent hits, going the distance even though he doesn’t stand a chance, rather than being Oneshotted to death.

Haha thanks for indulging my rant btw

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.