Follow

She-Hulk

Character » She-Hulk appears in 3187 issues.

After being shot by mobsters, Jennifer Walter received a life-saving blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner, aka The Hulk. Due to Banner's irradiated blood, Jennifer gained the ability to transform into the Sensational She-Hulk. She is a recurring member of the Avengers.

Why Does She-Hulk not have big muscles?

• 73 results
    UltimateHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By UltimateHero

Most likely it is a decision based on economics rather than scientific reasoning.

She-hulk should  possess an extreme mesomorph physique just as the hulk does such as this:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

But She is much more marketable when she appears like this (and much more attractive in my opinion):

No Caption Provided
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By bingbangboom

The truth is that it really depends who is drawing her. I remember in her series, a few years ago I think by Dan Slott, she was drawn more bulky but still cute and sexy. Really depends who is drawing her though. Not really Marvel's fault though. She isn't exactly the HULK either though, she didn't get hit with the same rays and is not as strong as he is. Same could be said for Wonder Woman, if she is supposed to be so strong... why isn't she ripping with muscles. Really depends on the artist.

CraigWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CraigWayne

She-Hulk don't need any muscles,she's fine as is.
    CraigWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CraigWayne
    @MrMiracle77:
    Yeah MrMiracle is right about this.Jen went Savage when Scarlet Witch caused her to have a breakdown & she went FULL savage mode until Iron Man knocked her ass out.I should've typed this on my last post,she's more toned & modelesque,she doesn't need to look buthc & old
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#55  Edited By Hawkeye446
    @Evan Snow-Wolf said:
    "All of these scientific answers are complete B.S. There is no scientific reason She Hulk has no muscle. None. Zero.  She Hulk has no muscle because Marvel doesn't MAKE muscular women. Period. No matter how much Strength the female is supposed to have, they will never draw them REGULARLY with larger than 14" biceps and maybe some abs. Make yourself a list of Superstrength females. Now do a muscle check. EXACTLY.   There is ONE exception. And that is Titania, a bad guy. Good guy females do not get muscle. There is a sexist attitude that muscles are a man only trait. I stand by my long time belief that if you were to take a picture of She Hulk that was not wearing a uniform, copy it and save it as a Black and White image, no one would ever be able to tell you which Marvel character you were showing them. Its a lazy tactic where any picture of Jennifer GREEN is She-Hulk.  Characters like Bishop and Cyclops are drawn with more more muscle, despite having no special strength powers, then female characters listed as capable of lifting double digits in terms of tonnage. Its sexist, pure and simple to sell comics. And I really don't think its too much to ask for 5 - 10 females to be drawn accurately with upper limit bodybuilder style muscles when the other 3,000 Marvel women are drawn like they came out of MAXIM magazine. "

I believe this to be right. She was bigger and not as pretty during her first Volume. When her second came around many years later she was made to look more beautiful, and her attitude was changed to bring in attention of more comic readers due to her original volume not selling so well.
    Her Original Look.
    Her Original Look.

New Look.
    New Look.
    darkcloakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By darkcloakx

i love she-hulk that  is my girl sexy as hell ! 

my favorite picture of she-hulk !
     my favorite picture of she-hulk !
    HumanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By HumanX

Plane and simple. Girls with neck muscles bulging up to their noses are not hot. Power girl even pushes the line a bit but she's got the forty pound chest to back up the sex appeal. I think some artists have a good medium between muscles and femininity though.

hyperion616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

She need to look more powerful and not just tall, having said that I don’t interested in another smashing brute, but rather more of a martial artist and tactician, Kind of like an improvement on the super soldier in terms of physical capabilities and on the hulk in terms of precision, control and utilization of those capabilities.

A nice guide line on how to present her in comics for the artist is simply to make her look bigger and stronger then Cap America, while more nimble then hulk.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Because of lady-sex-appeal.

hyperion616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

Because of lady-sex-appeal.

1.she is not the only lady around to Fill these shoes.
    2.still got Jennifer Walters form of the character.
    3.IMO Bad@$$-appeal will do more good for her character and differentiate her.

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ibe

Super old post, but just mentioning that she's totally jacked in grey-hulk or w.e. You see it when she's asking Carol what happened to her cousin, Bruce, and completely destroys the rails of her hospital bed, due to her huge bulging muscles. Also, she's jacked in the new Hulk series which is just about her, since she's now the only Hulk (not counting Cho).

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wilison_Fisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She does.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She does though.

Wilison_Fisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MainJP

She really does though.

Rex-McHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Rex-McHero

@hyperion616: I would rather put it as having a balance between the "She" part and the "Hulk" part. Clearly muscular, But in the way girls get muscular naturally.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who are you comparing her to because on average shes huge compared to the average super heroine.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperion616: I would rather put it as having a balance between the "She" part and the "Hulk" part. Clearly muscular, But in the way girls get muscular naturally.

hyperion616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rex-mchero:

By naturaly i take it you meant just calisthenics and weight lifting withot any other factor, if so thats not balanced at all..."the way girls get muscular naturally" basically will be just the She without the Hulk. Naturaly girls/women build very little muscle mass compared to what men can achieve naturaly so might as well change her name to She Green.

Pluse it make the transformation to be visually unimpresive.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She does now. Are you happy, guy from 2009?

IronManFeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thegreatone003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i think logan would have sex with her if she did not sleep with jugs ik it was not our jen but logan might not know that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.