Follow

She-Hulk

Character » She-Hulk appears in 3187 issues.

After being shot by mobsters, Jennifer Walter received a life-saving blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner, aka The Hulk. Due to Banner's irradiated blood, Jennifer gained the ability to transform into the Sensational She-Hulk. She is a recurring member of the Avengers.

She-Hulk and Ironman question...

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By John_Feaster

Being as he took her powers away for a while, and aparently had developed the process before she'd attacked him...why did she start working with him again later? Is it just me, or should she have said "I don't care HOW MUCH you need my help. you ass...get another sucker for your damn schemes!" or whatever. I mean...have I got the continuity right? Ironman and company blast the Hulk into space, She-Hulk attacks Ironman and Ironman uses nanites or whatever to strip her of her powres, then when she gets her powers back, she and Tony are all buddy-buddy again. Is that the way it happened?

Then again, it's not as though continuity has been very important to Marvel lately...

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By seekquaze

One answer....Loeb.

Loeb's work in the past few years has shown little in the way of continuity or characterization.  He has a plot and forces the characters to go with it no matter how much it goes against their character types or what was even done five minutes ago.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By John_Feaster
    @seekquaze said:
    "One answer....Loeb. Loeb's work in the past few years has shown little in the way of continuity or characterization.  He has a plot and forces the characters to go with it no matter how much it goes against their character types or what was even done five minutes ago."

Actually, I feel that very few people at the top of Marvel (Bendis and Quesada for example) have given a fig for either continuity or characterization over the last few years. Durring the Civil War, many characters (almost all of the Avengers for example) seemed to act contrary to their usualy natures (Janet Van Dyne, as passive follower of Tony Stark? I don't think so...) and some - like Reed Richards, Jennifer Walters and Carol Danvers - became totally different people.

I think Marvel regrets the actions of the Civil War. It ruined more than it fixed (like the Crisis over at DC) and now...the order from above it to basicly ignore it. Ben Grimm will NEVER mention that his best friend was murdered by Reed's clone of Thor. When Cap comes back, he'll NEVER call Tony Stark on his actions, and She-Hilk will NEVER mention that Iron Man stripped her of her powers...or that he had the nanites prepared before hand (obviously intending to do so at some time) or that Reed Richards MUST have had a hand in developing them...

Because Marvel wants to pretend that it never happened. Marevl wants to go back to the "All the heroes are old pals" days, without having to explain why.

They want to...because it's easier that way. It involves less thought.

Joe Quesada is a genius for showmanship...but he seems to be a pretty a lazy editor. He just nods and green lights thinks without thinking them over. Or...perhaps he knows that a lot of fans don't care about continuity much anymore.

Still...it's not like this didn't happen before. Remember in the early 90's when Byrne was depicting Namorita as the old Party Girl she'd been in the 70's, but she was an angry, humorless bitch in the New Warriors at the same time? The difference is, that eventually Byrne was told to stop using her that way, and he cut her appearances in Namor.
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Didnt they like date you know???

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @John_Feaster said:
    "    Being as he took her powers away for a while, and aparently had developed the process before she'd attacked him...why did she start working with him again later? Is it just me, or should she have said "I don't care HOW MUCH you need my help. you ass...get another sucker for your damn schemes!" or whatever. I mean...have I got the continuity right? Ironman and company blast the Hulk into space, She-Hulk attacks Ironman and Ironman uses nanites or whatever to strip her of her powres, then when she gets her powers back, she and Tony are all buddy-buddy again. Is that the way it happened?   Then again, it's not as though continuity has been very important to Marvel lately... "
    That's not what happened.The Nanites calmed her down.Her powers didn't go anywhere. 

@andrea_mendoza1997 said:
    " Didnt they like date you know??? "
    If by date you mean have casual sex...Yes. 

@John_Feaster said: 
      Actually, I feel that very few people at the top of Marvel (Bendis and Quesada for example) have given a fig for either continuity or characterization over the last few years. Durring the Civil War, many characters (almost all of the Avengers for example) seemed to act contrary to their usualy natures (Janet Van Dyne, as passive follower of Tony Stark? I don't think so...) and some - like Reed Richards, Jennifer Walters and Carol Danvers - became totally different people.   I think Marvel regrets the actions of the Civil War. It ruined more than it fixed (like the Crisis over at DC) and now...the order from above it to basicly ignore it. Ben Grimm will NEVER mention that his best friend was murdered by Reed's clone of Thor. When Cap comes back, he'll NEVER call Tony Stark on his actions, and She-Hilk will NEVER mention that Iron Man stripped her of her powers...or that he had the nanites prepared before hand (obviously intending to do so at some time) or that Reed Richards MUST have had a hand in developing them...   Because Marvel wants to pretend that it never happened. Marevl wants to go back to the "All the heroes are old pals" days, without having to explain why.   They want to...because it's easier that way. It involves less thought.   Joe Quesada is a genius for showmanship...but he seems to be a pretty a lazy editor. He just nods and green lights thinks without thinking them over. Or...perhaps he knows that a lot of fans don't care about continuity much anymore.   Still...it's not like this didn't happen before. Remember in the early 90's when Byrne was depicting Namorita as the old Party Girl she'd been in the 70's, but she was an angry, humorless bitch in the New Warriors at the same time? The difference is, that eventually Byrne was told to stop using her that way, and he cut her appearances in Namor. "
    Why would Marvel regret Civil War..it was a best selling event? 
    They aren't pretending any of it didn't happen.Tony has been called on his crap SINCE Civil War several times..sometimes wrongfully.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

I think since Tony has such a big gap in his memory Jen is willing to forget about it atleast for now. I mean whats the point in blaming an amnesiac for something that they have absolutly no recollection of doing?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Video_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @John_Feaster said:
    "    Being as he took her powers away for a while, and aparently had developed the process before she'd attacked him...why did she start working with him again later? Is it just me, or should she have said "I don't care HOW MUCH you need my help. you ass...get another sucker for your damn schemes!" or whatever. I mean...have I got the continuity right? Ironman and company blast the Hulk into space, She-Hulk attacks Ironman and Ironman uses nanites or whatever to strip her of her powres, then when she gets her powers back, she and Tony are all buddy-buddy again. Is that the way it happened?   Then again, it's not as though continuity has been very important to Marvel lately... "
    That's not what happened.The Nanites calmed her down.Her powers didn't go anywhere. 

@andrea_mendoza1997 said:
    " Didnt they like date you know??? "
    If by date you mean have casual sex...Yes. 

@John_Feaster said: 
      Actually, I feel that very few people at the top of Marvel (Bendis and Quesada for example) have given a fig for either continuity or characterization over the last few years. Durring the Civil War, many characters (almost all of the Avengers for example) seemed to act contrary to their usualy natures (Janet Van Dyne, as passive follower of Tony Stark? I don't think so...) and some - like Reed Richards, Jennifer Walters and Carol Danvers - became totally different people.   I think Marvel regrets the actions of the Civil War. It ruined more than it fixed (like the Crisis over at DC) and now...the order from above it to basicly ignore it. Ben Grimm will NEVER mention that his best friend was murdered by Reed's clone of Thor. When Cap comes back, he'll NEVER call Tony Stark on his actions, and She-Hilk will NEVER mention that Iron Man stripped her of her powers...or that he had the nanites prepared before hand (obviously intending to do so at some time) or that Reed Richards MUST have had a hand in developing them...   Because Marvel wants to pretend that it never happened. Marevl wants to go back to the "All the heroes are old pals" days, without having to explain why.   They want to...because it's easier that way. It involves less thought.   Joe Quesada is a genius for showmanship...but he seems to be a pretty a lazy editor. He just nods and green lights thinks without thinking them over. Or...perhaps he knows that a lot of fans don't care about continuity much anymore.   Still...it's not like this didn't happen before. Remember in the early 90's when Byrne was depicting Namorita as the old Party Girl she'd been in the 70's, but she was an angry, humorless bitch in the New Warriors at the same time? The difference is, that eventually Byrne was told to stop using her that way, and he cut her appearances in Namor. "
    Why would Marvel regret Civil War..it was a best selling event? They aren't pretending any of it didn't happen.Tony has been called on his crap SINCE Civil War several times..sometimes wrongfully. "

Yeah, but Civil War still sucked anyway...
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @mr.obvious said:
    Yeah, but Civil War still sucked anyway... "
    I disagree.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Mr. Dead Pool said:
    " I think since Tony has such a big gap in his memory Jen is willing to forget about it atleast for now. I mean whats the point in blaming an amnesiac for something that they have absolutly no recollection of doing? "
    There is nothing to remember.When Tony calmed her down..they talked.She had already reconciled with him over the incident years ago.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @Vance Astro:
    Really? Must've missed that issue.
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SladeRogers
    @mr.obvious:
    Civil War didn't suck. Civil War was friggin' awesome. Did you not see how it flawlessly lead up to the Death of Captain America without revealin' a thing? Are you insane or something lol? Civil War was one of Marvel's greatest story arcs.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.