Follow

She-Hulk

Character » She-Hulk appears in 3185 issues.

After being shot by mobsters, Jennifer Walter received a life-saving blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner, aka The Hulk. Due to Banner's irradiated blood, Jennifer gained the ability to transform into the Sensational She-Hulk. She is a recurring member of the Avengers.

New she hulk short review

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

Well... The art work doesn't sit right with me, but the story is really well written and enjoyable for a #1, she hulks powers are dealt with in a nice way that puts my concerns somewhat to bed.

This isn't a She Hulk breaths up bad guys comic, it's very much a Jennifer Walters Legal comic, but it's nice, it gives some variety to what's on offer. Even if Jennifer Walters in this run is tall and green.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well... The art work doesn't sit right with me, but the story is really well written and enjoyable for a #1, she hulks powers are dealt with in a nice way that puts my concerns somewhat to bed.

This isn't a She Hulk breaths up bad guys comic, it's very much a Jennifer Walters Legal comic, but it's nice, it gives some variety to what's on offer. Even if Jennifer Walters in this run is tall and green.

I always liked the balance between Jennifer Walters(human form) and the She-Hulk. There is just too much leeway of just keeping Jenn as the She-Hulk. I do feel that Jennifer Walters(human) and She-Hulk are two different personalities that shares the same intellect. For example, Jennifer Walter(Human) loves Spider-Man while the She-Hulk gets annoyed with him. Two distinct approaches.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked the balance between Jennifer Walters(human form) and the She-Hulk. There is just too much leeway of just keeping Jenn as the She-Hulk. I do feel that Jennifer Walters(human) and She-Hulk are two different personalities that shares the same intellect. For example, Jennifer Walter(Human) loves Spider-Man while the She-Hulk gets annoyed with him. Two distinct approaches.

wait what? she actually said that or you just made it up?

anyway, I hate the artists, the first was decent but the new one is regretable downright regretable

Avatar image for wonder_princess
    Wonder Princess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am enjoying the stories but the art is just not my taste. I have never dropped a comic over the art before but this series is close to the chopping block for me. I have loved Shulkie since Savage She-Hulk #1 but this doesn't look like the heroine I know. Hopefully it will get better.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

huuurrrr duurrrr... its somthing new so i hate cause if something changes in a comic i automatically hate cause its new but for some reason im always begging for comic companys to try something new huuuurrr duuuurr

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
    BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@king1_icon: What the hell are you even talking about? You bumped a thread to say huuurrrr duurrrr?

No one is even hating on the comic. They all said it was good, besides the art.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bump in need

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darthfury78

@shadowpro said:

@darthfury78 said:

wait what? she actually said that or you just made it up?

anyway, I hate the artists, the first was decent but the new one is regretable downright regretable

In her human form, Jennifer actually likes Spider-Man as if she read everything there is about him prior to becoming the She-Hulk:

Check out this link about Jennifer's first encounter with Spider-Man and how both her human side and She-Hulk sees him differently.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/marvel_team-up_107.shtml

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

GreenGammaGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am presuming we are talking about She-Hulk Vol 3 (2014)? If so then I have mixed feelings about the comic. Like most people are saying, the art jarred me to start, but I have actually grown to really like it. It's different, yes, but that is what makes it interesting. It's easy to grow accustomed to a certain way of drawing comics so when something new comes along it takes a while to get used to it, which is what happened with the new run. Granted there are different artists in the comic industry but overall there is a certain style that has become the norm, but this comic changes that in a drastic way. In time the art for comics changes and this can just be said to be the next stage. It's very rudimentary drawing but it gets the point across to tell a good story, and although the art is important I think you will all agree that it's not all about the pictures - the story is also key. So the story being what it is, which is in my opinion really good, I think the combination of the artist and writer is very effective. As previously mentioned the story does seem to focus more on She-Hulk as a lawyers rather than a hero, but I like that about it, finding it interesting how She-Hulk is able to help people in different ways. Whether it be in her professional suit or her super suit, Jennifer can save the day. Although a large chunk of the story revolves around being a lawyer, she is still the She-Hulk so it's not just a boring comic about a woman with a mundane job, but instead has a mix of the She-Hulk's superheroine self also. You can still expect all the sexy sassiness from the jade giantess, but just don't be expecting a typical good guy vs bad guy superhero comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.