Follow

Shanna

Character » Shanna appears in 457 issues.

Shanna is a jungle adventuress and protector of the Savage Lands with her husband Ka-Zar and their pet Zabu. Though her presence in the Marvel universe has diminished, recognition among readers has risen over the years thanks to the 2005, Shanna the She-Devil series by Frank Cho. Shanna was originally created as a derivative of Sheena.

Shanna power upgrade.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

Yeah so not sure how many people here are fans of Shanna, but recently she just got a power upgrade. She was killed in a fight and then they was brought back to life in this savage land ritual, and she now is linked to she average lands which gives her immortality as long as the savage lands lives, and increased physical abilities.

These two pages mention her new abilities.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think it's pretty cool.

RaceAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was wondering the same thing...

With the end of Savage Wolverine #5 offering no real resolutions, and no hints as to what's next for the characters involved (particularly Cho and Shanna) we're left at loose ends. Essentially Shanna is quasi-immortal ("as long as the Savage Land lives, you shall live") and now has super strength and speed. Will Marvel do anything with the character? Or was this just a case of them indulging Frank Cho?

I really hope it's not simply the latter. I liked everything about the series.... I want more.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shanna has been put back into comic purgatory I guess unless Cho has plans for the character for another book? Something tells me this was just his way of getting to play with his Barbie Doll. I did love how she was depicted (story-wise) -- the art was typical cheese-cake.

I would like to see her in another book though -- it's a shame to have her get such an upgrade and then, poof, nothing more. :/

KeliaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

i hate cho being allowed to write for shanna because it seems like its less about writing the marvel character and more a way to indulge in his old jungle girl stories under the legitimacy of the marvel banner. and my biggest complaint isnt that she is drawn too cheesecake, its just that shanna is not a blonde, she has red hair. but jungle girl had blonde hair so shanna must mirror that in his eyes. as far as i am concerned, if he wants to draw jungle girl he should go back to drawing jungle girl. if he wants the prestige of working with marvel characters, he should represent them correctly.

sorry for dragging this up after a year and a half. I just noticed it after uploading a fixed cho-version of shanna and saw the link and felt like putting my two cents in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.