Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Will he ever break through the "Helicarrier Cliche"?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ssejllenrad

Ok.. A lot of people (included in the guilty am I of course) can't take Sentry (or Void) seriously in discussions (mostly battles) due to the Helicarrier incident before his defeat back at Siege.  My point is that will it ever be ousted or will it be forever used against the tragic hero (both in story and way of writing -Bendis goddamn you) as a way making him appear pathetic and useless in fights?

Note: Some people call it PIS cause of the things he has achieved prior to that incident (MM and Ares stomping for example). Others view it as non-PIS and that the PIS moments are those of him in overpowered moments compared to what he was capable of before Bendis.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @ssejllenrad: Every thing that Sentry appears in that is written by Bendis should not be regarded as in continuity. Because Bendis is, frankly, a moron who never understood the character in the first place. Case in point; the Void is a separate entity. The Sentry and Void do not share the same physical shell. Bendis is an idiot. 

The Sentry's showing in World War Hulk however is simply a case of an extremely powerful character jobbing for storytelling purposes. It's not really PIS, but at the same time, it's not his most accurate showing, and consequently, should not be used in battles.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

I think the character has alot of potential he just has the unfortunate luck of being in the Joe Quesada era which I'm sure most fans will remember as Marvel's dark age

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hoboseid

Helicarriers are his kryptonite

sentrylives111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sentrylives111

i loved this charactor i thought he was great  like a hope for me i seen him as marvels superman and in my opinon i think marvel needs one somone to know here there when things go to hell like in WWH without him hulk would have beat us if it wasnt for him we wouldve been screwed bendis had no right, i met his at comic comic n=con and asked him about sentry he said 'hes pritty dead' i dont like that at all he should come back with the dead avengers in this chaos war but everone hate him for some reson
    Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
    I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

When ever I read a Bendis book featuring the Sentry I like to pause for a minute and think what would happen if Lex Luthor was given a position to work at Marvel. Joe Q told Lex to write what he felt about Superman and thus came up with the Sentry. No, It's like having Superman being removed from JLA but not to that extent. I don't see Sentry being anywhere else unless Bendis leaves his run.

naresh80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By naresh80

My point is that will it ever be ousted or will it be forever used against the tragic hero (both in story and way of writing -Bendis goddamn you) as a way making him appear pathetic and useless in fights?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Kallarkz

can we elaborate on what this cliche is? o.O

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.