Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Why Sentry was weakened during the World War Hulk arc

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#101  Edited By RealityWarper

@raynormm said:

@realitywarper: LOL, now you support the writers words, but when the writer tells us Hulk is holding back in WWH, you refuse to believe that. The hilarious hypocrisy, you just get funnier with each post.

Yea the Void part of Sentry, not the Sentry himself try again. Also Void himself having more energy then the cosmic cube is also ridiculous, not to mention you accepted OF Thor being more powerful then the Sentry but now Sentry has enough energy to reshape the entire universe you say? Can't stay consistent can you? Anyway Hulk thunderclapped a universe away which is totally believable and not situational as well. So imagine what he could do with a punch if his thunderclaps are universe busters.

I am debunking all your feats, and your scans, if you can't deal with it don't bore me with your posts. Also don't play the victim card here when you go around calling me butthurt and post pictures that have nothing to do with comics, you are just as much to blame in this whole thing. I see why other experienced members decided to leave this thread early on. It seems you have a certain reputation here.

Nope. I explained why you was wrong and I will not repeat it again.

And the Thunderclap don't destroy the Universe, it's the Sonic Impulse that he deflected that destroys everything, not the thunderclap.

"That single thunderous handclap has DEFLECTED my sonic impulses turned them back against my own cosmos !"

And you did the same thing for the other scans I posted or even the writer words : INTERPRETATING THEM THE WAY THAT SUITS YOU INSTEAD OF STICKING WITH FEATS.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#102 vance_astro  Moderator

@realitywarper & @raynormm debate all you'd like but anything specifically about the other user you are debating with is unnecessary. Keep it to yourself.

RaynorNM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By RaynorNM

@realitywarper: Wow you actually didn't caught on the sarcasm even though it was pretty obvious and you took the bait lol. Ok i will play the game, Hulks thunderclap was powerful enough to overpower and push back a universe/cosmos busting attack. Even better feat i would say. No i haven't, i asked you to show me where has Sentry himself without the Void or any other upgrades been able to shred worlds while holding back? When has he ever absorbed energy from everyone and everything outside that one situational fight.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By RealityWarper

@raynornm said:

@realitywarper: Wow you actually didn't caught on the sarcasm even though it was pretty obvious and you took the bait lol. Ok i will play the game, Hulks thunderclap was powerful enough to overpower and push back a universe/cosmos busting attack. Even better feat i would say. No i haven't, i asked you to show me where has Sentry himself without the Void or any other upgrades been able to shred worlds while holding back? When has he ever absorbed energy from everyone and everything outside that one situational fight.

Let's put the things in context :

In the scans you provided we see Hulk deflecting the Sonic impulses of Dark-Crawler which destroys the floating matter around them and they are the So it is not a better feat at all.

size of little islands.

Actually and what I point since the beginning is that your interpretate what you read.

Why should I interpretate and justify what's showed on panel when the intentions on the writer / narrator are perfectly clear ?

So you think that your opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>> to what's on panel ?

And the Void is actually not an upgrade but the manifestation of a mental disease.

Bob Reynolds give a shape to the voices in his head via darkness manipulation.

I proved it many times in this thread that the energy output of the Sentry is far higher than everything people saw in world War Hulk and that's all that matters.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

RaynorNM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: That was just the land mass around them, it's still a cosmos that got destroyed.

You are the guy saying Hulk was not holding back when he ,other characters and the writer say he was holding back.

I never said Void was an upgrade, yet another straw man argument from you.

Make a thread and prove your theory of Void being created by Bob himself, i would love to see the reactions from other users.

Sentries output wasnt higher in WWH then Hulks and that's all that matters.

Avatar image for deactivated-6137545428734
    deactivated-6137545428734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Like I said. Flames, flames and more flames.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By RealityWarper

@raynornm said:

@realitywarper: That was just the land mass around them, it's still a cosmos that got destroyed.

You are the guy saying Hulk was not holding back when he ,other characters and the writer say he was holding back.

I never said Void was an upgrade, yet another straw man argument from you.

Make a thread and prove your theory of Void being created by Bob himself, i would love to see the reactions from other users.

Sentries output wasnt higher in WWH then Hulks and that's all that matters.

You did :

#71 Posted by RaynorM (22 posts) - 1 day, 23 hours ago - Show Bio

@realitywarper:

Sentry being weakened is debatable at best.

We just established that he did hold back, it is clearly shown in the comics as well.

Sentry didn't let Hulk hit him, please don't go down this silly path. I've seen people get ridiculed and lose credibility so fast by making up silly statements like this.

@mezame

Define everyone. And what does that have to do with Hulk? He tried draining him, it didn't work after that his powers teleported him away. It is just another option is surviving against the Hulk which is what his powers do. Never has he shown such an ability like beating a Sky father level being before until a certain writer got a hold of him and went crazy and he never shown that ability since. So to each their own. Strange got a major power up in his battle against Sun God and others, did you even read that fight? He also isn't as reluctant to kill the Hulk as he did with the fake Justice League. Ghost Rider himself never fought the Hulk but Johny Blaze, 2 different entities with 2 different power levels. Why wasnt Hulk innocent? What did he do exactly? In a micro verse where he was allowed to draw power from everyone and everything, when was the last time Sentry has shown power remotely close to that? Black Bolt was a Skrull not the real thing, read your comics mate, where did you get the info that Pak wrote it off panel because he didn't know how to write the fight? Is BB powerset so complex he didn't know how to write it? Please stop making such silly claims. As you see this is the only reason why some people claim PIS in WWH, it's because people like you lack the information they need to understand whats going on. Sure there where probably a couple of PIS moments or questionable things, but that is present in every major event. In fact nowadays people can't enjoy a single fight in a comic without someone screaming PIS.

Then why bring this? DSS and void Sentry are more powerful but then the Hulk, but Sentry himself is not and you are the one that has to learn to deal with it. Go read Ghostravage Cav he had where he proved Hulk would beat Sentry. They don't go crazy or tremble in fear because not every Hulk incarnation is a threat to the entire world and Banner transforms into the Hulk all the time so everyone panicking all the time would get quite lackluster quite fast. You are talking about the Void mate, i am not. Think about that for a second.

THE REASON WHY HULK FIGHT AT FULL POWER AGAINST THE SENTRY :

During the arc Amadeus Cho point the fact that Hulk's mind calculate subconsciously the exact amount of force he needs to avoid killing innocent people : That means regular people like you and me,

Hulk don't have to hold back against nigh-invulnerable and immortal people like The Sentry:

No Caption Provided

Amadeus Cho :

"I've figured out how your brain works. You're like me. You can see everything. The mathematics of every object around you. As long as your brain hasn't been tampered with. There's part of you that's always running the numbers. You know where the innocent are and how to save them."

So that confirms what I said : WWH don't have to hold back against Sentry : He is considered totally invulnerable by Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

SCANNING FOR PHYSIOLOGICAL DEFECTS... NONE DETECTED...

Amadeus Cho : "[...] You know where the innocents are and how to save them" <<<<<<<< He take care of the innocents, the people that send him space are guilty.

"You pulverized all these heroes and yet you haven't killed a soul."

pulverize

[puhl-vuh-rahyz]

verb (used with object), pulverized, pulverizing.

1.to reduce to dust or powder, as by pounding or grinding.

2.to demolish or crush completely.

3.Slang. to defeat, hurt badly, or, figuratively, render helpless:

The Kid pulverized Jackson with a series of brutal lefts. He's a veteran nightclub comic who can pulverize any audience in seconds.verb (used without object), pulverized, pulverizing.

4.to become reduced to dust.

Also, especially British, pulverise

He don't hold back against the heroes, like usual, he just don't kill them.

"You are the guy saying Hulk was not holding back when he ,other characters and the writer say he was holding back." <<<<<<< He is clearly not holding back in the last fight , nor against heroes like Wolverine or Ben Grimm and I proved it.

Second proof :

No Caption Provided

"I... I can run the numbers. So I could see he was always pulling his punches, LOOKING OUT FOR THE LITTLE PEOPLE, but in the end he really could have killed us all. He was the wrong person to champion."

Pulling his punches looking out for the little people <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< He pull his punches in order to save regular humans, Amadeus don't talk about Hulk holding back against hero but puny people, regular people.

None of the heroes are puny and he states himself that he can't kill Wolverine and punches him 7 times in the face, and hit Ben Grimm hard 3 times aswell.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

"I know that I can't kill you... but there is other options."

And GREG PAK WORDS ABOUT THE FINAL FIGHT "THE HULK VS THE SENTRY"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=11947

About Sentry's calming aura on Hulk :

"The interesting thing is that the Sentry's calming power means that thus far, in his Sentry form, he's never really had to contend with an out-of-control Hulk," Pak added. "So even a normally angry Hulk would be a new thing for him. But the angriest Hulk there's ever been? The Golden Guardian might just be biting off more than he can chew."

<<<<<<<<<<< The calming aura didn't contend Hulk's anger so it didn't restrain his strenght.

Of course, a match-up such as this is likely to be determined not by internal factors but instead by pure, brute strength. Or is it? "The Sentry's power approaches the cosmic," Pak explained. "The Hulk's the strongest one there is. Can a cosmic level hero withstand the mightiest blows of the strongest one there is? Can the strongest one there is survive a cosmic level assault? You'll have to read 'World War Hulk' #5 to find out. But it's worth noting that the previous friendship between the Hulk and the Sentry might be an ace in the hole -- for either of these heroes. Typically we think of the friendship serving the Sentry -- he's the one who's been able to calm and, some would say, manipulate the Hulk in the past. But the Sentry's a pretty emotionally vulnerable camper himself -- and the Hulk is smarter and craftier than he's been in a while... Who can say who's the best suited for manipulation these days?"

<<<<<<<<<<<< Greg Pak said : "Can a cosmic level hero withstand the mightiest blows of the strongest one there is ?"

mighty

[mahy-tee]

adjective, mightier, mightiest.

1.having, characterized by, or showing superior power or strength:

mighty rulers.

2. of great size; huge:

a mighty oak.

3. great in amount, extent, degree, or importance; exceptional:

a mighty accomplishment.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Hulk is not holding back against Earth heroes and especially not against The Sentry.

YOU SAID :

That was just the land mass around them, it's still a cosmos that got destroyed. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< The mass of multiples little island sized rock destroyed under the Dark-Crawler powers.

You are the guy saying Hulk was not holding back when he ,other characters and the writer say he was holding back. <<<<<<<<<<<< I proved it. The writer NEVER SAID that Hulk was holding back against heroes, nor Amadeus Cho who clearly speaks about puny people.

I never said Void was an upgrade, yet another straw man argument from you. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< You said it to mezame, at least you implied it.

Make a thread and prove your theory of Void being created by Bob himself, i would love to see the reactions from other users. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< It is not a theory and other threads are in project, I will not stop with just one, nor twice.

Sentries output wasnt higher in WWH then Hulks and that's all that matters. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Yes. And I explained multiples times why Sentry was weakened during WWH and why his power-level is far higher when he is stable. The fight vs Genis-Vell talks by himself, a stable Sentry can do much much more than that was show during the WWH arc. His power-level is far above planetary. Even Pak states him as "Cosmic hero" during WWH so he had to limit his powers.

SO

If you have nothing to add to your claims than your own words or to twist characters or writers words I don't see any point to continue this conversation.

You never proved your claims right since the beginning.

It"s a waste of time.

RaynorNM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By RaynorNM

@realitywarper: And again you are arguing against the wrong thing. WWH was holding his anger back. This was WWH not WBH that fought Sentry. Yet you still blindly claim he was not holding back even though again Hulk himself clearly states

No Caption Provided

no matter how you try to twist and turn it, he clearly states "but even in the war in New Yor... even yesterday in Vegas... i was HOLDING BACK. And you even have Greg Pak telling you that Sentry has bitten more then he can chew which just proves my point. Because Sentry has relied on his calming aura to contend with the Hulk but this time that doesn't work and now he had to actually fight the Hulk.

The islands just happen to be the place they are standing/fighting on that are a part of Dark Crawlers COSMOS.

Amadeus Cho does not talk about Hulk holding against puny people, i really can't believe you took it that way. He meant he holds against others to save those puny people because if he went all out if he fought with all his strength and brutality the collateral would be too much and innocents would die.

Show me where i said it to Mezame or even implied it? Stop dodging the question.

It's just a theory and not very good one seeing as i don't see many others agreeing with it.

Even in the end even if Sentry was weakened you would still have a "weakened" Sentry fighting a Hulk that's holding back so in the end it still evens out. Of course Pak would call him a cosmic hero, he treated Sentry with all the respect but he knows even Sentry is not enough for an pissed off Hulk. This is the guy that truly believes Hulk strength is limitless and no matter how much you throw at him all he will do is come back angrier and stronger, these are his own words.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynornm:

I proved you that Hulk wasn't holding back.
    I don't care about the explanations of this spanish fan of Hulk.

"no matter how you try to twist and turn it, he clearly states "but even in the war in New Yor... even yesterday in Vegas... i was HOLDING BACK. And you even have Greg Pak telling you that Sentry has bitten more then he can chew which just proves my point. Because Sentry has relied on his calming aura to contend with the Hulk but this time that doesn't work and now he had to actually fight the Hulk."

<<<<<<<<<<<<< That's not what Greg Pak said : He said that Sentry's calming aura didn't work because Hulk was too angry at this point, and he said later in the interview that Hulk land his mightiest blows on the Senty. That proves my point, not yours.

"The islands just happen to be the place they are standing/fighting on that are a part of Dark Crawlers COSMOS."

<<<<<<<<<<< The matter is destroyed under Dark-Crawlers powers, not Hulk's powers.

"Amadeus Cho does not talk about Hulk holding against puny people, i really can't believe you took it that way. He meant he holds against others to save those puny people because if he went all out if he fought with all his strength and brutality the collateral would be too much and innocents would die."

<<<<<<<<<< He does ! His speech is clearly explicite about it. It is demonstrated by two panels.

"...his strength and brutality the collateral would be too much and innocents would die."

<<<<<<<<<<< Another proof that he doesn't need to hold back against the Sentry : All the area is surrounded by Sentry's energy so The Hulk can't do much collateral damages so he don't hold back against the Sentry : You are totally contradicting yourself again.

"Show me where i said it to Mezame or even implied it? Stop dodging the question."

<<<<<< Did I ? You are just repeating yourself with nothing to give some credit to your claims. ;)

"It's just a theory and not very good one seeing as i don't see many others agreeing with it."

<<<<<<< It is not a theory because I proved it and I don't need the opinion of others to understand a comic book, especially when the people you rely on are totally biased about the two characters. Sentry haters and Hulk lovers.

Personally I tackled this comics in the three sides : First I was on the side of the Hulk at my first reading (I bought the comics to see Hulk kicking some asses because I like the characters) but reading about it showed that all wasn't so simple so I got the side of Iron Man, Reed Richards and Dr Strange because some people said that they could have do much more to take down the Hulk, and at the end I got on the Sentry side to understand how his powers worked. That's World War Hulk which revealed my interest in the Sentry. So if one of us has some objectivity about this comics that's probably me.

"Even in the end even if Sentry was weakened you would still have a "weakened" Sentry fighting a Hulk that's holding back so in the end it still evens out. Of course Pak would call him a cosmic hero, he treated Sentry with all the respect but he knows even Sentry is not enough for an pissed off Hulk. This is the guy that truly believes Hulk strength is limitless and no matter how much you throw at him all he will do is come back angrier and stronger, these are his own words."

<<<<<<<<< That's your very personal interpretation : I stay sticked to feats and to the writers words and that's not what happened in the comics, mor what the writer said in the interview.

1) Sentry was weakened by the writer to the point he could be a challenge for an extremely angry Hulk.

2) Hulk never held back against the powerful heroes.

3) The last fight is more or less a stalemate : Hulk was stopped, Sentry didn't destroy the World, everybody goes back to the status quo, all is fine

RaynorNM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: And i proved on panel evidence that Hulk was holding back. Considering you ignore literal and factual statements there is really no reason to continue on with your circle jerking. Not to mention you admitted that Hulk was holding back his anger before, but now you switch back to saying he doesn't. It just shows your own integrity which is worthless. BTW, do you spend all your time on these forums lol?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By RealityWarper

@raynornm said:

@realitywarper: And i proved on panel evidence that Hulk was holding back. Considering you ignore literal and factual statements there is really no reason to continue on with your circle jerking. Not to mention you admitted that Hulk was holding back his anger before, but now you switch back to saying he doesn't. It just shows your own integrity which is worthless. BTW, do you spend all your time on these forums lol?

You proved nothing because you interpretate everything the way that suits your point of view.

You clearly lacks of objectivity about it.

You are the only one circling here.

All my claims are supported by scans.

What do you have ?

Nothing.

Just your own words.

Hulk's anger grows up since the beginning of the comic book to the climax at the end.

That's the betrayal of Miek that triggers the World Breaker, not the anger management of the Hulk.

I spend some time on the forum because I genuinely like comic books.

"Not to mention you admitted that Hulk was holding back his anger befor" <<<<<<<<<< It was you and your friends hypothesis, not my claim. You were to post some scans about "Hulk was holding back" and pretending it was all about him shifting in World Breaker. About my integrity : I said since the beginning that Hulk was at his strongest during the fight and that Sentry was weakened. I'm fine with it. ;)

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By RealityWarper

bump

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#114 vance_astro  Moderator

This obviously isn't going to stop so...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.