Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

What do people here see in the future for the Sentry?

One-Angry-Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By One-Angry-Scot

I mean after he went into Space carrying Exitars lifeless husk he hasn't been heard from since then. The only things seen of him recently are 2 drawings of him on variant covers and that's it.

The only saving grace is that whenever Brevoort is asked a question he answers with wait and see. Not no which would be bad. In particular he once answered like this

"If I answered that I'd be giving you spoilers' wait and see"

That obviously implies he'll be back to some extent but that's not enough for me. Just one small image would suffice. But my main point was based on what you've seen what do you think will happen with the Sentry.

I always like to see new theories and other stuff.

Tendrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As always, I have a cynical view.

My hope is that he'll be allowed to be redeemed as a character and brought back to some semblance of his original intent and characterization, a deeply mentally ill hero with a terrifying level of power who's grappling with his issues and trying to be better -- but knowing all the while he'll never be as good as he could've been.

I continue to maintain that the Sentry really ought to've looked to a Beautiful Mind as a template for his story.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cant Believe Its Not Butter commercials

Tendrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than likely, they'll just lump in with the Beyonder storyline and declare his powers are like Molecule Man's again and that they're both Beyonder agents, blah blah, blah blah.

Honestly, I'd prefer he be Sir Not Appearing In Secret Wars.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.