Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Thor Vs Sentry

• 80 results
    Cpt. Badass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cpt. Badass

Am I the Only One Who Is Really Happy Sentrys Dead

Avatar image for emperorvulcan432
    emperorvulcan432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By emperorvulcan432

ummmm idk if you know or not but sentry was jus killed by thor in siege
    Thor63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Thor63

i would of liked to of seen a one shot comic of Thor and Sentry fighting during siege.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LT1085

He'll be back. I for one welcome his forthcoming return. Hopefully this time the writers will have a plan for him; His character has a lot of potential. He'll probably incubate in the sun for a while and reemerge as a cosmic character like adam warlock or Nova. 

Doombot_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Doombot_666
    @LT1085: Yeah, Sentry would do well as a cosmic character.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @Doombot_666:
    Yeah guys like Thor and Nova make great cosmic characters as well as earth characters, but  Sentry  should be strictly cosmic.
    frijolie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By frijolie

I'm glad to see that Sentry was killed :) I know Marvel will not keep him away for long :(
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @frijolie:
    All in an effort to make even more of a Superman rip off
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

He's not dead 

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crabtree

how did he die?

Doombot_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Doombot_666
    @crabtree said:
    " how did he die? "
    Ironman dropped a HAMMER helicarrier on him, then Thor reduced him to a skeleton with his hammer and tossed him into the sun.
    crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crabtree
    @Doombot_666:  damn!
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Brit
    @Cpt. Badass said:
    " Am I the Only One Who Is Really Happy Sentrys Dead "
    me too! finally the biggest cry baby of the whole Marvel U is dead, well for the time being...
    juggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By juggy

Darkseid is equal to Thanos and Thanos can defeat Sentry by his tricks and Superman has defeated Darksied more than once. and Thor can defeat Thanos only in his dreams. Thus even superman is not the strongest in his universe but he is the strongest in marvel universe. Poor marvel.

juggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By juggy
    @Doombot_666: Thor killed Sentry because Bob wanted to die. Otherwise he could have reorganize his body molecules as he done at the starting of their fight  when Thor struck him with lighting bolts. And what Sentry did to Ares and Asgard,  Molecule Man can do the same and Scarlet Witch too!
    Avatar image for emperorvulcan432
    emperorvulcan432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By emperorvulcan432

i see  sentry as a character who should have never been created.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Cpt. Badass said:
    I'm happy he's dead.
    Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Cpt. Badass said:
    I'm happy he's dead. "
    Right there with you.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @GreenLantern555: 

No Caption Provided

Douche should stay dead.
    Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @GreenLantern555: 

No Caption Provided
    Douche should stay dead. "
    -High fiving back-    

Hell yeah.
    Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hoboseid
    @crabtree said:
    "how did he die?"

I don't think he died, Sentry was immortal and at the end of the fight screams "kill me", Thor finally chucks him into the Sun, a place that Sentry gets his powers from
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Hoboseid said:
    " @crabtree said:
    "how did he die?"
    I don't think he died, Sentry was immortal and at the end of the fight screams "kill me", Thor finally chucks him into the Sun, a place that Sentry gets his powers from "
    i was led to believe sentry got his powers from the serum he took...what does the sun do for him? 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#23  Edited By SC  Moderator

Probably not. Its an extreme rarity to find a stance these days where people won't agree with you or likewise disagree with you. 

Is anyone else happiest when painted like a zebra running though the park throwing rocks at old people? This is the internet, your going to find at least three people who would legitimately and sincerely agree with you. Does anyone disagree with you that violent drunk people eating raw three legged puppies is wrong? This is the internet you will find people that disagree, and that the drunk was performing a mercy killing. 

Me, I fall into the not so happy group. I liked Sentry. That being said, I am a little happy. Far too many fans are limited in there perspectives, they think that the characters have their own sentient will and they get pissy at writers when a writer seemingly contradicts his own writing, but didn't really, the reader just didn't understand jack about jill because of typical my favorite characterz is betta than yoursz type thinking. So I am not happy a good character with potential died, a little bit happy a overhyped character that most people didn't quite grasp gets to have a Time out in the the rotating revolver door that is Death in the MU. 
    bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bgibs13390

I am happy he died. 

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hoboseid
    @Kallarkz said:
    " @Hoboseid said:
    " @crabtree said:
    "how did he die?"
    I don't think he died, Sentry was immortal and at the end of the fight screams "kill me", Thor finally chucks him into the Sun, a place that Sentry gets his powers from "
    i was led to believe sentry got his powers from the serum he took...what does the sun do for him?  "

He took the serum cos he was a deadbeat junkie and was looking for a buzz to get high, the serum was Cap America juice X 50, it powered him to be a hero and powered his alter ego the Void to be a super villain....we are later told it was not Cap America juice but a kind of Galactus juice or Biblical juice. The serum gave him superpowers and caused a photosynthetic reaction to sun light where he could absorb or project solar radiation and he was one second ahead of time.

I know this power thing, Sentry origins thing doesn't make sense but that's the way Sentry was wrote, he was wrote not making sense. The explaination of his powers would flip from one month to the next and his origin and backstory was retconed every couple of months.

IMO Sentry won the fight

but Thor had to kill him off for a while because there wasn't any other way to write Sentry, he was wrecked beyond repair

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @juggy:
    When ever superman beats darkseid its either an avatar or PIS if its the real darkseid as there is no way he should be bale to do so. Current darksied however is below Thanos he's not as stronga as he used to be.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PowerHerc

Sentry was beaten (rightfully so) to death by Thor.  Thor then disposed of his remains in the sun. 

Due to Thor's method of disposal and the Sentry getting power from solar energy, I think the Sentry will be back. 

When he comes back, I'd like to see Hyperion and him have at it in an epic battle. 

Tiamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tiamut

@Cpt. Badass: 'course not. But i would like to see him return

Tiamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tiamut

A cosmic SENTRY? Like the though of that.

Emp3rorD4v1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc

yeah i would to see sentry fight hyperion or have a rematch with thor

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Someone on another thread said Sentry had beaten Thor. Is this true? I can only find information on the fight where Thor killed Sentry.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Someone on another thread said Sentry had beaten Thor. Is this true? I can only find information on the fight where Thor killed Sentry.

he recently came back from the dead as a horsemen and tossed thor around.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry stomped Thor hard... and again the last didn't use any of his powers besides throwing Mjolnir like always. I think I already knew that was going to happen, Sentry is freaking amped with that death/celestial seed but the fight was disappointing and thor was down with the first energy projection!!!!!

GoldenGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is now proven (uncanny avengers #11) that sentry's durability is inferior to thor's one. The sun could actually burn him, while thor has fought in star's cores without troubles. By the way Sentry can reform indefinitely and has molecule manipulation, so he should have the upper hand in confrontations (unless thor has odin force, that give him reality warping powers)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Lvenger

@w0nd said:

@bezza said:

he recently came back from the dead as a horsemen and tossed thor around.

Yeah but Sentry was amped by the Death Seed (for example when Hulk was amped as a Horseman, he beat Juggernaut fairly easily and not even World War Hulk could manage anything more than a stalemate against Juggernaut) and he surprised Thor along with weakening him in some gamma lava stuff. But he does seem and probably will be more powerful than Thor.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By themadsurfer

Sentry without the Void has molecule manipulation?

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By themadsurfer

I hope Thor get up and defeat Sentry even if he is freaking amped, because if Thor was able to defeat Glory he should defeat Death Sentry also.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is now proven (uncanny avengers #11) that sentry's durability is inferior to thor's one. The sun could actually burn him, while thor has fought in star's cores without troubles. By the way Sentry can reform indefinitely and has molecule manipulation, so he should have the upper hand in confrontations (unless thor has odin force, that give him reality warping powers)

I don't think that's how it works with that guy. The sun did burn him to the last atom, but most likely, because he wanted that to keep himself 'dead'. He wanted it enough at that point. He was in the sun once before and regenerated from a skeleton, because he didn't want to die enough and we saw him fully healed inside of the sun for a moment. Then it looked like he teleported out of it. So his durability seems to be high enough to withstand the heat of the sun, if he doesn't have an inner conflict. It's about what he wants and after Siege he wanted to remain dead, so I guess it was once again a fight between good and evil. The evil side of him kept regenerating and the good side kept the durability level low and burning down, until the evil side gave up or something like that. I think that @killemall mentioned something similar in a battle thread. Don't know which one it was, but with Sentry being unharmed in the core of the sun, when he didn't want to die enough. So Thor is not necessarily more durable than Sentry, even though the feats suggest that he is by far, but when facing Sentry he did kinda look bad.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:
    @goldenguardian said:

I don't think that's how it works with that guy. The sun did burn him to the last atom, but most likely, because he wanted that to keep himself 'dead'. He wanted it enough at that point. He was in the sun once before and regenerated from a skeleton, because he didn't want to die enough and we saw him fully healed inside of the sun for a moment. Then it looked like he teleported out of it. So his durability seems to be high enough to withstand the heat of the sun, if he doesn't have an inner conflict. It's about what he wants and after Siege he wanted to remain dead, so I guess it was once again a fight between good and evil. The evil side of him kept regenerating and the good side kept the durability level low and burning down, until the evil side gave up or something like that. I think that @killemall mentioned something similar in a battle thread. Don't know which one it was, but with Sentry being unharmed in the core of the sun, when he didn't want to die enough. So Thor is not necessarily more durable than Sentry, even though the feats suggest that he is by far, but when facing Sentry he did kinda look bad.

When facing a freaking amped sentry you mean...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry without the Void has molecule manipulation?

He has always had matter manipulation, presumably done true using his psionic energy. He made the whole tower disapper , he has created his costumes and stuff, he just hasn't used it offensively without Voiding out.

Sentry was created to be the most powerful super hero but yeah his mental problems and stuffs was always what held his back, which is exactly what it was designed to do.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By themadsurfer
    Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadsurfer: I honestly think Thor vs Sentry was always meant to be pretty even steven affair, sadly we never actually got to see an actual Thor vs Sentry without the Void aspect coming into pay in 616 reality. We have seen few alternate realities where they have been matched, and without Void being mentioned Sentry was killed by Thor in one reality, and with Void Thor got ripped into peices as well as the whole Asgard.

I think i , more or less, agree with the totally non-canon tone as how they were meant to fair. With all his limitation Thor beating Sentry actually made sense, with his self imposed limitations away, i.e. in Void mode, he making short work of Thor seem just as reasonable.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: You are right thor and sentry(without the void) are in the same league it's just that every time thor loses a fight even against the Void he doesn't use any of his powers except lightnings. In my opinion when you put thor with his classic characteristics "fighting smartly" very few heroes can put a fight against him, in Thor vs Gorr series avenger Thor made me remember that time...

Avatar image for christhecomicpunk
    ChristhecomicPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Thor get up and defeat Sentry even if he is freaking amped, because if Thor was able to defeat Glory he should defeat Death Sentry also.

Thor was amped when he fought Glory.

GoldenGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:
    @goldenguardian said:

When facing a freaking amped sentry you mean...

You are probably right, being in the core of the sun should not be a problem to a matter manipulator

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadsurfer said:

what kind of boost did he have?

ChristhecomicPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christhecomicpunk said:

@themadsurfer said:

He was being amped by a prayer. The text explicitly stated that without that amp, he would have died.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadsurfer said:

@christhecomicpunk said:

@themadsurfer said:

He was being amped by a prayer. The text explicitly stated that without that amp, he would have died.

Only in the second fight man...

ChristhecomicPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christhecomicpunk said:

@themadsurfer said:

@christhecomicpunk said:

@themadsurfer said:

Only in the second fight man...

No, it was also in the first one too.

No Caption Provided

Check out the text at the bottom right.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.