Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

The Sentry's future in Marvel.

One-Angry-Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I just wanted to start up a topic asking what do people here see for Robert's future in Marvel?

I myself had a lot of thoughts going into his end appearance in Uncanny Avengers. How he could possibly fit in AXIS, I mean he could've easily been Evan Sabah Nur's nemesis. Returning from his journey in space to strike down the new Apocalypse and take the role as the Apocalypse of humanity (since he declared himself an heir). I really thought he would appear here since humans being threatened with death on that scale should have triggered a return for the Sentry. But that plainly wasn't to be.

I also had thoughts on how ge could perhaps return in Avengers/New Avengers. It wasn't going to be a huge role but I thought that with Sentry mentioning the "celestials wrath" that he may come back in some way near the end relating to them. Or he would come bringing news of the impending doom of the Multiverse. E.g the identity of the Ivory Kings. But again nothing.

It's now passed the halfway point of Secret Wars and my hopes dwindle that Sentry may make an appearance.

What do people here think on the Sentry's future?

Where do you see him appearing and when?

Thanks a lot.

(also I'm new to comicvine so I don't know whether I was meant to tick "Allow this post to be an answerable question." Or not)

Apologies if I messed up.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry is on Battle world so it's possible they could bring him into the 616 universe.

Genesis or Evan wasn't strong enough for him to fight Sentry yet and I still don't know how he jumped up in size like that.

Sentry will return eventually. Hopefully he leaves Earth and joins the Annihilators

One-Angry-Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I belive the version on Battleworld is an alt version though technically right?

I mean I know he's virtually the same Sentry from 616 Civil War but I don't know if he'll be incorporated into the 616 myself.

Oh sure Evan wasn't strong enough in any case to fight Robert. I was talking more in terms of plot. Death Seed Sentry would have been a perfect fit for AXIS.

I really hope he does return.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully he becomes a hero again. His last appearance in Uncanny Avengers kinda hinted to that. If a writer does use him then I hope they take him seriously and educate themselves on the character.

What I really want is Paul Jenkins to do his Sentry vol 3 like he wanted to do or at least another writer does a Sentry mini. The Sentry is at least a B-list character AT BEST, and so there is no way he should stay in limbo for a long time. Either use him or kill him. I hope not the latter.

But also I do not only want him to become a hero again, but a cosmic hero who is the protector of Earth from galaxy wide threats and believes in the "greater good". The Sentry can not work as a Earth-based hero. He's too powerful for that. This is why the new Ultimates team which is going to be written by Ewing are a cosmic team because there is a lot of heavy hitters on that team.

The Sentry is a big heavy hitter and needs to be a cosmic hero again. Maybe touch base on him fighting Galactus?

One-Angry-Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I agree with all of what you said, with the way he is now he's too powerful to be on Earth. He could probably eliminate any threats to it. But then again I don't think his next point of place is completely away from Earth. After all his objective is to protect the humans from the "cancerous mutants". But I do agree for the majority he will be in space. But I think Earth has many ties for him.

Yeah it would be good to see that fight on panel.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remender wanted to do a Sentry V3,but fuc*ing Hickman said NO.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@one-angry-scot:

Thanks for the reply mate.

No problem.. :)

Just recognized that you're from KMC. :)

Yeah I agree with all of what you said, with the way he is now he's too powerful to be on Earth. He could probably eliminate any threats to it. But then again I don't think his next point of place is completely away from Earth. After all his objective is to protect the humans from the "cancerous mutants". But I do agree for the majority he will be in space. But I think Earth has many ties for him.

Yeah it would be good to see that fight on panel.

Think of it like something similar to the past Cartoon show Justice League unlimited. The had links to Earth and would counter threats on Earth. Earth was their base of operations, but they would attack threats before it came to Earth. Get what I'm saying?

He won't be too distant from Earth like say... Silver Surfer.

As for the Galactus fight I really want that to be explained.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can make Sentry to time travel to past or future,and do some good plots with it.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Hickman's run of being the main writer of Marvel will end after Secret Wars. So maybe there is a chance for a Vol. 3? After Secret Wars there won't be any events getting in the way for a Sentry story.

One-Angry-Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii: Did he? Do you know where this is located that Hickman denied Remender the opportunity?

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii said:

Well Hickman's run of being the main writer of Marvel will end after Secret Wars. So maybe there is a chance for a Vol. 3? After Secret Wars there won't be any events getting in the way for a Sentry story.

Chance for Vol.3 after SW?We hope bro,we hope. :)
    Yup they can start the legend of the Sentry from a new list,a new begining.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazeraiii: Did he? Do you know where this is located that Hickman denied Remender the opportunity?

Yup.
    I don't know,but i'll try to find it.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

They Need to Put him on Molecule man Level , Shows his true Potential .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.