Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

The Sentry loss of memory

• 72 results
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Deadcool:  Okay well what's your source if you don't mind me asking? I don't have a theory, I am passing on information from Tom Brevoort and various other writers, and even on Marvel handbook writers. All probably out there on there interwebz for looking up. Marvel Knights' Silver Surfer: Requiem, not in 616 continuity, Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas, not in 616 continuity, Spider-Man: Reign' not in continuity, Namor's the Depths, not in continuity, BUT, Dark Knights' Madrox mini? in 616 continuity, Magneto Testament? In 616 continuity.  

I'm not sure of the shenanigans you are playing at here Mister, but you can't have my baby! (0_o) 

lol, but for real? Why do you hold the position you hold? Do you have some information that might disrepute what Marvel's continuity cop states? You can even just look at the nature of the books above to see what books fit and don't. 
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

#52  Edited By Deadcool
    @TypingKira said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: @Deadcool: Both of you are being dumb about that mediocre/blaming thing. Deadcool, it wasn't very nice to say that, Fade, don't read too much into it.  
    ... Sorry is a quote.... =(
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By TypingKira
    @Deadcool: Careful with your quotes you must be, young Padawan. For only then can you truly become jedi. ;D 
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC: Oh snap. I wanna read the Depths so bad!!! The art is just beautiful 
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Deadcool
    @SC said:
    1)"Okay well what's your source if you don't mind me asking? I don't have a theory, I am passing on information from Tom Brevoort and various other writers, and even on Marvel handbook writers. All probably out there on there interwebz for looking up. Marvel Knights' Silver Surfer: Requiem, not in 616 continuity, Iron Man: Viva Las Vegas, not in 616 continuity, Spider-Man: Reign' not in continuity, Namor's the Depths, not in continuity, BUT, Dark Knights' Madrox mini? in 616 continuity, Magneto Testament? In 616 continuity.
     2) I'm not sure of the shenanigans you are playing at here Mister, but you can't have my baby! (0_o)  lol, but for real? 
    3) Why do you hold the position you hold? Do you have some information that might disrepute what Marvel's continuity cop states? You can even just look at the nature of the books above to see what books fit and don't.  "
    1. DAMN, I forgot about those... It seems that you are right.
    2. ... Do you mean our baby?
    3. ... No, You are right.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Deadcool: Grey is vastly different from evil though, thats its point. Anyway, I did get what your saying, and agree, that was the creative decision they decided to go for, well with the Void anyway. Marvel doesn't try to redeem its evil characters by letting them play an instrumental part of their own defeat and hold a funeral issue for them where characters are nice. Then again, you might have a different definition of the word evil to me, in any case, there is the in story discussion, and the out of story discussion, and many think that having an agoraphobic and insecure hero who also steps up to the plate now and then to do good things, is a much more interesting creative angle, than a hero that turns bad and goes all psycho, not that one would argue that didn't happen, in the story... just questioning why and whether it should have, or whether the character can come back differently. etc so we, or I agree with your in story sentiment since its hard to disagree lol, but out of story creative process.  

lol its funny we are talking meta elements and then yeah... Who Shot Roger Rabbit, I might see if Youtube has it!! 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Deadcool:  2. You forgot our baby? *cries* 3. No... no... you are wrong... we are both right. lol ^_^ I definitely know what you mean, cause Marvel ain't really that good at making that continuity thing clear so its a safe assumption to hold.  

@TypingKira said:
    " @SC: Oh snap. I wanna read the Depths so bad!!! The art is just beautiful  "

You should, yeah its great. Interesting and unique too... I'll wait for you to read before i spoil it. 
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Deadcool
    @TypingKira said:
    " @Deadcool: Careful with your quotes you must be, young Padawan. For only then can you truly become jedi. ;D  "
    Yes Master...

@SC said:
    " @Deadcool: Grey is vastly different from evil though, thats its point. Anyway, I did get what your saying, and agree, that was the creative decision they decided to go for, well with the Void anyway. Marvel doesn't try to redeem its evil characters by letting them play an instrumental part of their own defeat and hold a funeral issue for them where characters are nice. Then again, you might have a different definition of the word evil to me, in any case, there is the in story discussion, and the out of story discussion, and many think that having an agoraphobic and insecure hero who also steps up to the plate now and then to do good things, is a much more interesting creative angle, than a hero that turns bad and goes all psycho, not that one would argue that didn't happen, in the story... just questioning why and whether it should have, or whether the character can come back differently. etc so we, or I agree with your in story sentiment since its hard to disagree lol, but out of story creative process.   lol its funny we are talking meta elements and then yeah... Who Shot Roger Rabbit, I might see if Youtube has it!!  "
    I don't belive in evil, or good, for me everything is gray, most of the characters in marvel are like this, for me Bob, is more a "good guy", than a "bad guy", at the end he decided to die, because he knew all abou himself, he is just an innocent man polluted by Norman's madness.
    I have the movie, my brother loves it.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TypingKira said:
    "@SC: Good point, if he hadn't been brought in and then tried that whole 'destroying Asgard/tearing Ares up' thing, then he'd just be another character. I'd like to try writing him personally, he's such a complicated character it could be interesting to try.  "

I like Sentry, he's a fighter, one who excels at working against adversity, thats his point in a way, least he should be. I don't have an extreme fondness for how he has been treated, BUT, I do think that he is in the perfect position for a skilled writer to bring about an amazing redemption story, that doesn't ignore what has happened, just does something revolutionary and ties up all of it in a neat bow. I day dream about writing Sentry *but SC remembers that horrible pencil sharpening incident which led to his inability to ever pick up a pencil or pen again, so losing the gift of being able to write fan fiction* 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Deadcool said:
    " I don't belive in evil, or good, for me everything is gray, most of the characters in marvel are like this, for me Bob, is more a "good guy", than a "bad guy", at the end he decided to die, because he knew all abou himself, he is just an innocent man polluted by Norman's madness. I have the movie, my brother loves it. "

Nice nice, I like people who think that way, I agree.  

Ooh, good thinking, I should buy it for my sister, she'll probably like it too. Okay well you win the battle of who is a better brother you jerk lol (joking about the jerk bit)  

Yes maybe I should stop being stingy and start buying DVD's instead of abusing You Tube. >.>
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Deadcool
    @SC said:

" @Deadcool: 
    1. You forgot our baby?
    2. No... no... you are wrong... we are both right. lol ^_^ I definitely know what you mean, cause Marvel ain't really that good at making that continuity thing clear so its a safe assumption to hold.

1. No, NO!, I would never do that... what is our baby's name? *cries harder*
    2. I never care about that, I actually skip issues, all I want is an enjoyable issue, doesn't matter what happened before, or what would happen later, for that reason I get a little mad for the people that complains about things like that.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Deadcool
    @SC said:

" 1) Nice nice, I like people who think that way, I agree.   Ooh, good thinking, I should buy it for my sister, she'll probably like it too. you jerk lol (joking about the jerk bit)   2) Okay well you win the battle of who is a better brother.
    3) Yes maybe I should stop being stingy and start buying DVD's instead of abusing You Tube. >.> "

1. Thanks, I really appreciate it.
    2. No my brother is just a little devil, a disgusting devil, damn I love him, he makes me laugh.
    3. You could do both, watch movies in youtube, and if they are good, buy them.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Deadcool said:
    " No, NO!, I would never do that... what is our baby's name? *cries harder* I never care about that, I actually skip issues, all I want is an enjoyable issue, doesn't matter what happened before, or what would happen later, for that reason I get a little mad for the people that complains about things like that."

I agree, thats a healthy approach to have with comics, many, many great stories get overlooked over something as trivial as a little 616 number*, an enjoyable issue is an enjoyable issue. Damn, Thor The Mighty Avenger was cancelled because of the 616 lovers! Maybe we should just tell people everything is 616...  

*Then again, if this is the true number of the beast and 666 gets all the bad rap it gets maybe i underestimate people's zeal for small numbers...  

I don't think we had a baby in 616 and its being retconned anyway. 0_o
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC: I really want to read that Thor too. . . 616 lovers suck.  
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TypingKira
    @SC: Spoil it!!!!! I loves spoilers. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TypingKira said:
    " @SC: I really want to read that Thor too. . . 616 lovers suck.   "

I honestly think your going to love this book, especially after reading your fan fict a bit more. I might have to start a thread for appreciating that book and fill it with small moments teasing you to buy it bwhahaha. This book is funny, has a quirky humor, has a touch of romance, Thor is kind of goofy and majestic at the same time. Jane Foster is awesome, its got tones of references and cameos by a bunch of different Marvel characters, including Wasp and Namor, oh and it embraces the mundane moments, like Thor sitting around trying to figure out TV, and then watching Monty Python lol 

Depths is sort of like the mythology of Namor, he isn't actually in it that much physically. Nice psychological stuff at play. 
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Deadcool
    @SC said:
    1. I agree, thats a healthy approach to have with comics, many, many great stories get overlooked over something as trivial as a little 616 number*, an enjoyable issue is an enjoyable issue.
    2. Damn, Thor The Mighty Avenger was cancelled because of the 616 lovers! Maybe we should just tell people everything is 616...   *Then again, if this is the true number of the beast and 666 gets all the bad rap it gets maybe i underestimate people's zeal for small numbers...  
    3. I don't think we had a baby in 616 and its being retconned anyway. 0_o "
    1. High five!
    2. ... Damn NO!, I like skinny Thor!!!
      Damn, Mighty Thor's issues don't like me that much, and now, they do this, what now? Would they cancel Marvel Adventures Spider-man too?
    3. =_=; no, I liked to be a father, I have just starting to dig it.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Deadcool
    @TypingKira said:
    " @SC: I really want to read that Thor too. . . 616 lovers suck.   "
    The best Marvel's comics are usually out of the continuity of the universe 616...
    I don't know why they are that obsessed with the continuity.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Deadcool: Woah, woah, woah., I was the father! You were the mother. Unless there were two fathers... Unless we get another father, then we can have Three Men and a Baby... okay that joke is a sign I need to go to sleep and also attempt to erase movies from my mind I don't care about. >.> 

Thor was skinny in TMA, I think you mean For Asgard? That had a hefty Thor... or possibly Volstagg in a blond wig... 
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Deadcool
    @SC said:
    " @Deadcool:
    1. Woah, woah, woah., I was the father! You were the mother. Unless there were two fathers...
    2. Unless we get another father, then we can have Three Men and a Baby...
    3. okay that joke is a sign I need to go to sleep and also attempt to erase movies from my mind I don't care about. >.>
    4.  Thor was skinny in TMA, I think you mean For Asgard? That had a hefty Thor... or possibly Volstagg in a blond wig...  "
    1. I don't want to be the mother, I have the mostache....
    2. Three and half men?
    3. Ok, good night.
    4. I don't know there are a lot of Thor tittles.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Deadcool: I have a beard and a *points south* .... hairy man feet lol, Oh no, this was much, much, much worse, this movie had the Police Academy guy, with Magnum PI guy, with the guy from Cheers all as the fathers to a kid (not like in that way lolol) Here is the movie poster it might even be weirder than Look Who's Talking... 
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Deadcool
    @SC said:
    " @Deadcool: I have a beard and a *points south* .... hairy man feet lol, Oh no, this was much, much, much worse, this movie had the Police Academy guy, with Magnum PI guy, with the guy from Cheers all as the fathers to a kid (not like in that way lolol) Here is the movie poster it might even be weirder than Look Who's Talking...  "
    Damn, that looks strange, Ok you win, you are the father... Can I be the Uncle, I don't want to be the Mother.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.