Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Sentry vs. WW Hulk

• 52 results
    Blackjuggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Blackjuggy

With all Sentry's abilities against Hulk who thinks he stands a chance?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

Umm... Sentry will destroy the hulk with little to no real effort.

Blackjuggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blackjuggy

Blackjuggy says:

"With all Sentry's abilities against Hulk who thinks he stands a chance?"

What meant by this was who thinks hulk stands a chance with all sentry's abilities.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vrakmul

Hulk doesn't have a hope in hell.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

sentry has the power of a million exploding suns.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Donnieman says:

"sentry has the power of a million exploding suns."

He doesn't need it. Sentry is able to calm Hulk with his light or some such jazz so there's no reason for a real fight.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

yeah, the sentry calms the hulks rage.

Blackjuggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blackjuggy

Not in this case because his anger has a purpose, he is on a mission for revenge.

Blackjuggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blackjuggy

If He cant defeat Sentry how does he stand a chance of getting past the Mighty Avengers. I mean they're going to try to stop him in the beginning so its not going to be exciting if gets stopped early.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Blackjuggy says:

"If He cant defeat Sentry how does he stand a chance of getting past the Mighty Avengers. I mean they're going to try to stop him in the beginning so its not going to be exciting if gets stopped early."

The Light Calms him down. Sentry's mere presence calms Hulk down. However if it comes to an actual combat situation between Sentry and Hulk, Sentry would completely and utterly annhilate Hulk with virtually no effort.

Cap. Briny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cap. Briny

Buckshot says:

"Donnieman says:
    He doesn't need it. Sentry is able to calm Hulk with his light or some such jazz so there's no reason for a real fight."
    It dosnt matter if he is calm or not. As was seen in WWH #3 Hulk can control when he is ther Hulk and when not. Sentry's calming ability will not matter in the fight. I think Sentry has a long way to go before his strength can be measured to Hulk's. He had trouble holding up the shield hellicarrier and needed Wonder Man to help him. Hulk can and WILL wipe Sentry off the face of the Earth.
    Post Edited:2007-08-27 11:37:03
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Sparda

The defeating Galactus and "power of a million exploding suns" is pretty much hyperbole. He couldn't even lift that freaking helicarrier, and that's more than a million suns? Yeah, ok. And for all we know, that defeating Galactus thing could've just been him with his screwed up head. When I see him do it on panel, then I'll believe, but nothing really convinces me too much. And if he fights Hulk, wham! The Void comes out and lays the smack-down on Hulk. So yeah, Sentry wins.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lantern Prime

WWHULK will beat any non-cosmic being! PERIOD
    Post Edited:2007-08-27 11:53:27

Avatar image for zevick_the_ender
    Zevick the Ender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Zevick the Ender

i think you just like green things latern prime

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scarlet Thor

After reading WWH 5 I can surely say that Sentry is more powerful. He could easily destroy NYC when he let go and the way Hulk remained unaffected was pretty dumb. All this flame-photonic blasts should have some effect in Hulk. At least the battle made him to return to Baner. Anyway if the Void could easily beat Hulk, a non holding back Sentry could do it too

Eradicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Eradicator

if you read issue 5, then you saw that the Sentry was basically a punching bag. He did have some good offensive, but he was the worse for wear. I don't care if you are a HULK hater or not, Sentry got worked.

MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MotorSteel

Donnieman v5.1 says:

Actually, that's only stated in the book, he's never sctually proven anything to being close to that.

It's not like I say I have Power Cosmic, so I have power cosmic.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Apparition

you have the power cosmic???

ilona~POW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ilona~POW

Eradicator says:

"if you read issue 5, then you saw that the Sentry was basically a punching bag. He did have some good offensive, but he was the worse for wear. I don't care if you are a HULK hater or not, Sentry got worked."

Agreed, it's happened and Hulk beat him, not as Hulk, but as reverted Bruce F@$#in' Banner. When they both fought so hard they tired each others powers out Banner still won.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Phorqe

I asked for an ending to a half year long comic book mega-event. Not crap.

MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MotorSteel

Apparition says:

"you have the power cosmic???"

Yes and since I said it, I must have it.

Haha.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hadrelius

The display of the Sentry's power doesn't seem to fit with someone with the power of a million exploding suns (whatever that means). He couldn't defeat Ultron or Genis-Vell and he couldn't lift the helicarrier. Marvels needs to state his power level. As far as the Hulk, his strength, endurance, and healing factor has always been limitless being tied into his rage. In WWHulk his rage seem to be on the verge of insanity, since he couldn't distinguish foe from friend as shown when he was fighting the aliens on his ship. I say they were evenly matched to the point where they did exhaust their power leaving their human forms where of course Banner would win after a lifetime of being the hulk.

Porter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Porter

Hulk will smash the Sentry. The hulk is the strongest there is.

Porter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Porter

Alpha you have a good point. I never saw it that way

Avatar image for leprechaun_smurf
    Leprechaun_Smurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Leprechaun_Smurf

Alpha says:

"The display of the Sentry's power doesn't seem to fit with someone with the power of a million exploding suns (whatever that means). He couldn't defeat Ultron or Genis-Vell and he couldn't lift the helicarrier. Marvels needs to state his power level. As far as the Hulk, his strength, endurance, and healing factor has always been limitless being tied into his rage. In WWHulk his rage seem to be on the verge of insanity, since he couldn't distinguish foe from friend as shown when he was fighting the aliens on his ship. I say they were evenly matched to the point where they did exhaust their power leaving their human forms where of course Banner would win after a lifetime of being the hulk. "

I agree.... just re-read WWH #5 and hulk knock the Sentry out once they had exhausted their powers... so HULK SMASH!!! even when he's not all green and hulky
    Post Edited:2007-12-05 05:08:33

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
    ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentry is to be very powerful, i don't get on why he can't lift the damn thing, i beleave sentry was holding back, sometimes heros do that, the witrters wanted wwhulk to win anyways just to show how powerful hulk really is, i thank wwhulk at a new level that i beleave that wwhulk can beat superman now.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vrakmul

Helicarriers are a good deal heavier than normal ocean based aircraft carriers. They are large enough to carry the massive B-52 and launch said massive bomber. They are longer, and larger, and otherwise bigger. So don't mock that feat. Hulk would need to get pretty mad to hold up the 1.2 million + ton helicarrier and it weighs even more when fully loaded with heavy bombers and fighters and helicopters and various other aircraft, aviation fuel For the planes I'm not sure if they themselves use it but they probably use nuclear power, ammo For obvious reasons, Supplies for the personnel Food, water, and whatnot, Maintenance supplies For every hour a air plane is air borne it must be maintained for at least 10-50 hours depending on reliability the personnel themselves, the nuclear missiles, and various other stuff that all adds up to one very very very very very heavy capital ship. Going anywhere from 1.5 million tons to 3.5 million tons. This all depends on how heavy helicarriers are. Though they most likely do not have a mass of 30,000 tons That is ridiculous for they are a lot larger than the Nimitz class carrier which has a mass of nearly 100,000 tons so it must have more mass

Post Edited:2007-12-20 13:19:34

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Sentry's a wimp.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rotten gun

yeah... does the end of WWH mean sentry has come to terms with his power or is he still fragile?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Forever

Dreadnaught says:

"Helicarriers are a good deal heavier than normal ocean based aircraft carriers. They are large enough to carry the massive B-52 and launch said massive bomber. They are longer, and larger, and otherwise bigger. So don't mock that feat. Hulk would need to get pretty mad to hold up the 1.2 million + ton helicarrier and it weighs even more when fully loaded with heavy bombers and fighters and helicopters and various other aircraft, aviation fuel *For the planes I'm not sure if they themselves use it but they probably use nuclear power*, ammo *For obvious reasons*, Supplies for the personnel *Food, water, and whatnot*, Maintenance supplies *For every hour a air plane is air borne it must be maintained for at least 10-50 hours depending on reliability* the personnel themselves, the nuclear missiles, and various other stuff that all adds up to one very very very very very heavy capital ship. Going anywhere from 1.5 million tons to 3.5 million tons. This all depends on how heavy helicarriers are. Though they most likely do not have a mass of 30,000 tons *That is ridiculous for they are a lot larger than the Nimitz class carrier which has a mass of nearly 100,000 tons so it must have more mass* #So do not mock sentry for being barely able to lift one!!!!
    Post Edited:2007-12-20 13:19:34"

lol 3.5 million tons might be going a bit far. As you mentioned the largest aircraft carriers are around 100,000 tons so it would be hard to imagine something that was made to be able to sustain high altitudes, instead of resting on top of water, would be much heavier. In fact, the plan would probably be to try and make them even lighter than an aircraft carrier. The lighter the better, so as not to waste ridiculous amounts of fuel keeping it airborne.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Forever

Buckshot says:

"Sentry's a wimp."

lol

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Dreadnaught says:

"Nuclear power solves the issue of fuel. And it has to have at least some more mass than a carrier. Or else it's armor would be so thin that a flying bird could easily damage it and a fleck of paint could devastate it. "

Armor can be strong without being heavy, especially in a reality with Adamantium (Wolverine doesn't drown every time he's dropped in the ocean and he's pretty fast), Vibranium, and force fields.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vrakmul

Forever says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "Helicarriers are a good deal heavier than normal ocean based aircraft carriers. They are large enough to carry the massive B-52 and launch said massive bomber. They are longer, and larger, and otherwise bigger. So don't mock that feat. Hulk would need to get pretty mad to hold up the 1.2 million + ton helicarrier and it weighs even more when fully loaded with heavy bombers and fighters and helicopters and various other aircraft, aviation fuel *For the planes I'm not sure if they themselves use it but they probably use nuclear power*, ammo *For obvious reasons*, Supplies for the personnel *Food, water, and whatnot*, Maintenance supplies *For every hour a air plane is air borne it must be maintained for at least 10-50 hours depending on reliability* the personnel themselves, the nuclear missiles, and various other stuff that all adds up to one very very very very very heavy capital ship. Going anywhere from 1.5 million tons to 3.5 million tons. This all depends on how heavy helicarriers are. Though they most likely do not have a mass of 30,000 tons *That is ridiculous for they are a lot larger than the Nimitz class carrier which has a mass of nearly 100,000 tons so it must have more mass* #So do not mock sentry for being barely able to lift one!!!!
    Post Edited:2007-12-20 13:19:34"

lol 3.5 million tons might be going a bit far. As you mentioned the largest aircraft carriers are around 100,000 tons so it would be hard to imagine something that was made to be able to sustain high altitudes, instead of resting on top of water, would be much heavier. In fact, the plan would probably be to try and make them even lighter than an aircraft carrier. The lighter the better, so as not to waste ridiculous amounts of fuel keeping it airborne. "

Nuclear power solves the issue of fuel. And it has to have at least some more mass than a carrier due to being significantly larger. Or else it's armor would be so thin that a flying bird could easily damage it and a fleck of paint could devastate it.
    Post Edited:2007-12-20 15:14:43

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vrakmul

Buckshot says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "Nuclear power solves the issue of fuel. And it has to have at least some more mass than a carrier. Or else it's armor would be so thin that a flying bird could easily damage it and a fleck of paint could devastate it. "

Armor can be strong without being heavy, especially in a reality with Adamantium (Wolverine doesn't drown every time he's dropped in the ocean and he's pretty fast), Vibranium, and force fields."

There probably isn't enough admantium to coat one. Vibranium, would take years of printing money to afford. Force fields would need again lots of money and energy comes up.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Forever

Dreadnaught says:

"Nuclear power solves the issue of fuel. And it has to have at least some more mass than a carrier due to being significantly larger. Or else it's armor would be so thin that a flying bird could easily damage it and a fleck of paint could devastate it.
    Post Edited:2007-12-20 15:14:43"

I understand what youre saying. Nuclear power, so no need for additional oil or gas to weigh the hellicarrier down. However, the heavier the hellicarrier is, the heavier the nuclear power plant to support it and the heavier the engines needed to keep it aloft. Anything that is going to fly constantly within a gravity well is more efficient, the lighter it is. They would do anything they could to make it as light as possible.

Also remember the alloys that they are working with in Marvel. There are a lot of metals that are considerably lighter than our metals in the real world.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Dreadnaught says:

"There probably isn't enough admantium to coat one. Vibranium, would take years of printing money to afford. Force fields would need again lots of money and energy comes up. "

They don't have to be adamantium or vibranium, those were just examples of materials known to be incredibly durable but not heavy. There are bound to be others. Even in the real world there are strong metals/materials that aren't super heavy.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vrakmul

Forever says:

"Dreadnaught says:
    "Nuclear power solves the issue of fuel. And it has to have at least some more mass than a carrier due to being significantly larger. Or else it's armor would be so thin that a flying bird could easily damage it and a fleck of paint could devastate it.
    Post Edited:2007-12-20 15:14:43"

I understand what youre saying. Nuclear power, so no need for additional oil or gas to weigh the hellicarrier down. However, the heavier the hellicarrier is, the heavier the nuclear power plant to support it and the heavier the engines needed to keep it aloft. Anything that is going to fly constantly within a gravity well is more efficient, the lighter it is. They would do anything they could to make it as light as possible.

Also remember the alloys that they are working with in Marvel. There are a lot of metals that are considerably lighter than our metals in the real world."

How much money do they print to buy them?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Forever

Dreadnaught says:

"How much money do they print to buy them? "

The more you print, the less its worth, but I'm not following your reasoning now...

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Bottom line though: Sentry = Pansy

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Forever

lol

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deleted.

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol what is superman? sissy looking or not

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lordraiden

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"sentry is to be very powerful, i don't get on why he can't lift the damn thing, i beleave sentry was holding back, sometimes heros do that, the witrters wanted wwhulk to win anyways just to show how powerful hulk really is, i thank wwhulk at a new level that i beleave that wwhulk can beat superman now. "

Sentry needs a lesson and some manners as well as another sixty years or so of respect before he gets to kiss supermans feet! (as much as i actually like the Sentry, but you need to earn your place in this world, and it aint gonna happen by rocking up within a few years with some hyperbole of "powers of a million exploding suns" cause thats all that is, nothing more than words!

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By box turtle

They fought, Hulk one!

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NerdsFTW

Sentry vs Hulk should go a little something like this:

No Caption Provided
    Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cybrilious4

Hulk already beat him.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Just like the Hulk... the Sentry has "issues" holding him back. I believe the Hulk physically outpunched Sentry in this fight. This is what I enjoyed. This is what I expected. This does not mean Sentry used everything he had. This also does not mean Hulk can't defeat him with that everything he had. This just equates to "Round 2"! ...... Marvel when you bring back Sentry... we demand "Round 2" !!!!

Avatar image for hulkwouldkillsuperman
    HulkwouldkillSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Sentry calms hulk down turning him to banner Sentry wins. But in a fight even with the power a million exploding suns hulk would win. It's been done, and it has been proven that not only can hulk survive the power of a million exploding suns but he can defeat The Sentry putting him a coma not know where he is as he shatters the earth surface with merest footsteps. In a actual fight Hulk wins. But if Sentry decides to turn hulk into banner then kill Banner Sentry wins.

Avatar image for cosmiccommonsense
    CosmicCommonSense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk was obviously holding back in ww hulk 5 seeing as how he tried to talk sentry outta fighting sentry fought so hard he passed out after reverting back while as bruce calmly walked toward rick but the bottom line is HULK WON so this question was answered before it was asked

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrakmul: that is absolutely wrong. hulk lifted 150 billion tons of mountain and he wasn't mad enough. helicarrier is nothing to hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.