Follow

Sentry

Character » Sentry appears in 966 issues.

After ingesting an experimental super-soldier formula, the lowly Robert Reynolds became the Sentry, if only in his mind. In constant battle with his dark side known as the Void, the Sentry has been forgotten and dead, he has resurrected and vanished. Even if he is one of earth's greatest heroes, he is also one of the world's greatest dangers.

Sentry should return!

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By New_World_Order

Am I the only one who thinks Sentry should return. Well obviously i'm not te only one who thinks this, but Sentry was a good character. He is my second favorite character, maybe tied with Hyperion for second. If Marvel was to bring him back, the could bring him back without the Void persona for a bit, and see how it works. If they like it, they can use the Void for a sort of main villain for Sentry too. ( Well he already sort of was Sentry's main villain in a way ) I'm pretty sure Sentry will return soon, it's just a matter of time, before he does!

Tendrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tendrin

Too polarizing to return anytime soon, frankly. Just look at almost any internet discussion about him. There are a large number of vocal fans who want this character to cease to exist forever and never be mentioned again. Right now, they're getting what they want.

There's a decent chance he'll be back 'someday'. Someday can, of course, be five, ten, or twenty years from now, and I hope that he does return with a writer who will do the concept the justice it deserves. Yes, the Sentry is in many ways a comic book about comic books, but it's also a tale of mental illness and addiction and all too human failings combined with the power to write those problems large across the sky, and with one all too mortal mind struggling to make it right.

Let's hope we see him again someday but understand that, if we do, we'll be lucky to.

I should add, frankly, that the Sentry needs to have the reset button pressed. Easy enough to do -- just declare that the Sentry we saw had always been a manifestation of the Void, which had grown increasingly insane without the actual Sentry to hold it back. THERE. :P

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zr0c00l

definitely agree he should be brought back i liked sentry a lot i dont get why people would get so upset about him returning thats just lame could definitely be taken by a competent writer and be made great

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

I hope he does so the New Hyperion can go all out on him, plus he a good character.Thor may go after him again as well!

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Marvel ruined him...He had so much potential. Yes I would really like for him to return, but written better!

Sentry:Fallen Son did hint that he may return.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.