Long life!?

Avatar image for AssertingValor
#1 Posted by AssertingValor (7673 posts) - - Show Bio

What mutant ability has earned her this long life?  
is it her vamperic nature somehow?

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
#2 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio

yes
Avatar image for mercy_
#3 Posted by Mercy_ (94464 posts) - - Show Bio

Yuppers. If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others.

Moderator
Avatar image for xerox_kitty
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (17340 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
"If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others. "

That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth).
Avatar image for kiss_lamia
#5 Posted by kiss_lamia (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
"If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others. "
That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth). "
and Madelyne Pryor too in the X-man comics :)
Avatar image for mercy_
#6 Posted by Mercy_ (94464 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
"If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others. "
That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth). "
Wasn't it more like a curse? ;) 
Moderator
Avatar image for kiss_lamia
#7 Posted by kiss_lamia (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
"If I understand correctly she basically siphons the life-force out of others. "
That. And it's a trick that she can pass on to others (she offered to teach Dani Moonstar, and gave Eli Bard a prolonged life of eternal youth). "
Wasn't it more like a curse? ;)  "
For Eli Bard it was she cursed him to live forever without her! but for  maddy it was more of gift :) and dani if was an offer :) i think she tried to get rachel to be her heir too but that never ended well! lol
Avatar image for mercy_
#8 Posted by Mercy_ (94464 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc.
Moderator
Avatar image for kiss_lamia
#9 Edited by kiss_lamia (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot!
Avatar image for mercy_
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (94464 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiss_lamia said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot! "
The later one is the one that I was referring to.  
 
And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P
Moderator
Avatar image for kiss_lamia
#11 Posted by kiss_lamia (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @kiss_lamia said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot! "
The later one is the one that I was referring to.   And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P "
i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol!
Avatar image for mercy_
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (94464 posts) - - Show Bio
@kiss_lamia said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @kiss_lamia said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot! "
The later one is the one that I was referring to.   And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P "
i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol! "
Me too! And I'm not even a huge Selene fan, I just think it was really poor writing. 
Moderator
Avatar image for kiss_lamia
#13 Posted by kiss_lamia (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @kiss_lamia said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
" @kiss_lamia said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:

" @kiss_lamia Yes she did with Rachel. It was sometime near the First Foursaken story arc. "

i remember the early uncanny ones and then later again when she rachel and emma teamed up to take on the new hellfire she tried it again! but i think maddy was her only official turning that was done willingly lol minus the necrosha lot! "
The later one is the one that I was referring to.   And don't get me started on Necrosha. :P "
i know they totally ruined her moment was so pissed off lol! "
Me too! And I'm not even a huge Selene fan, I just think it was really poor writing.  "
i know they rushed it to get second coming out! but i mean she was like a goddess for like what 5 seconds and then oops no your dead! when she comes back i hope she stomps there assess big time!! ROFL
Avatar image for homosexuality
#14 Posted by homosexuality (66 posts) - - Show Bio

rogue should be able to live forever too she absorbs people life force too.

Avatar image for kiss_lamia
#15 Posted by kiss_lamia (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

@homosexuality: No Rogue doesn't do it the same way Selene does, Rogue absorbs there life force temporarily and gains there memory's and powers, selene litrally feeds on them and drains of the lifeforce like a vampire and retains there memories also but tottally different in style since selene remembers her victims forever!

Avatar image for homosexuality
#16 Posted by homosexuality (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiss_lamia:

rogue could take all life force forever too she just chooses not too.

Avatar image for thunderscream
#17 Posted by Thunderscream (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

What mutant ability has earned her this long life?

is it her vamperic nature somehow?

My question is: If she has to constantly absorb life-force to maintain her longevity, does that not put her in a different category than the rest of the Externals whose extended lifespans were not reliant on vampiric dependency? Selene herself called out Apocalypse for technically not being immortal because of his reliance on Celestial technology to rejuvenate his cells, but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black as her own immortality is null and void without draining the energy of others for sustenance?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.