Follow

Secret Wars

Story arc »

The Marvel Universe will change forever. When universes collide, they must fight each other to the death.

SECRET WARS Warzones Debuts GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

The Marvel Universe may have been destroyed. The galaxy may be gone. But there are still places that need heroes. Places that need GUARDIANS. This June, prepare for WARZONES! unlike any other as the action heads to the “moon” of Battleworld in GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE #1 – a brand new Secret Wars series from Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Deodato coming this June!

High above Battleworld floats the head of a dead Celestial, miraculously saved in the collapse of a universe. Now orbiting Battleworld as its solitary moon, Knowhere survives as a colony brimming with convicts and criminals. Yet amid this wretched hive of killers, thieves and thugs – there is hope. People who will stand and defend those within who cannot defend themselves – the Guardians of Knowhere!

But mysteries abound in this head of a dead God. Suspended thousands of miles above Battleworld, a dangerous new foe stalks the alleys and corridors of this floating fortress. One who has set his crosshairs directly on the Guardians of Knowhere! Who is this new foe and what are they after? You’ll have to wait until June to find out. One thing is for certain – not everyone will walk out of Knowhere alive. Don’t miss one moment of the pulse-pounding action when GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE #1 comes to comic shops and digital devices this June!

GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE #1

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art & Cover by MIKE DEODATO

On Sale This June!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

angela!!!! love that cover so will definitely be picking it up

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

wish they would team up with the original GotG . but ill check it out

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Sorrentino and now Deodato paired up with Bendis. Why can't my favorite artists be on books with a writer that I want to read?

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Great cover.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As if Drax couldn't be anymore badass...He's got a awesome-looking sword. Looks promising.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

WHY DO THEY KEEP GIVING GUARDIANS BOOKS TO BENDIS!?!?!?

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome cover but it doesn't pull my interest enough to pick up with all the SW ties I'm going to get. Now if Marvel still had rights to Transformers and that was Unicrons head orbiting Battleworld now then maybe I could see myself getting it.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looks interesting. Count me in.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angela... blond?)

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CurrentThor2015

@scarlet_rogue: This! I was just starting to like the GOTG after seeing them quite a bit in Captain Marvel and Angela's series, ugh Bendis gets way too many books at once to write.

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't agree more. Abnett is killing it on Guardians 3000. Give him his baby back

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Was excited. Saw Bendis. Not excited.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarlet_rogue: This! I was just starting to like the GOTG after seeing them quite a bit in Captain Marvel and Angela's series, ugh Bendis gets way too many books at once to write.

You got that right, I was hoping Bendy would release some and actually focus on writing the remaining ones at the level his supposed to be writing instead of jobbing it half the time.

I wonder if we'll see Cosmo playing part in this as well? I can't imagine Knowhere without its most iconic watchdog.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

another title to pass on with all these secret wars tie in issues...

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Because he likes to bend them. =P

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

An event Marvel is milking that's written by Bendis?

PASS

Avatar image for everybodyhateschris
    EverybodyHatesChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am hoping to see some of the old gang like Mantis and Cosmo. That would make the book even better!

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am hoping to see some of the old gang like Mantis and Cosmo. That would make the book even better!

true dat. hook me up with stories about vance, mantis, cosmo, moondragon, and the rest of the gang after Thanos Imperative. THAT, I would read.

Avatar image for everybodyhateschris
    EverybodyHatesChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@everybodyhateschris said:

true dat. hook me up with stories about vance, mantis, cosmo, moondragon, and the rest of the gang after Thanos Imperative. THAT, I would read.

I am with you on this!

lexxust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i saw the cover and was hyped but then i scrolled down and saw Brain Michael Bendis that just let all the air out of my sails, i will not buy this book.

lexxust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everything with bendis is the same he writes about 3 to 4 words on a page,the next page or 2 nothing just pics of people looking at each other. he then ruins the characters by making them behave in a way thats foolish or just angry . and some how he has to bring along the top characters like spiderman, wolverine, and now Angela to boost his sales.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I thought this looked awesome, Angela & Drax looking badass with that sword- then I saw that it was written by Bendis- & then I was like...

No Caption Provided

What do GOTG fans have to do to be free from the tyranny of Bendis!?!?

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
    GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills said:

At first I thought this looked awesome, Angela & Drax looking badass with that sword- then I saw that it was written by Bendis- & then I was like...

No Caption Provided

What do GOTG fans have to do to be free from the tyranny of Bendis!?!?

For realsssss!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenlanterndeadpool:

I swear, Bendis gets a freakin' kung-fu grip on these books(first Avengers, then X-Men & GOTG) & won't let go! Much to the chagrin of fans that want real cosmic stories...(On another note, awesome avatar, Kate rules!!)

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
    GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenlanterndeadpool:

I swear, Bendis gets a freakin' kung-fu grip on these books(first Avengers, then X-Men & GOTG) & won't let go! Much to the chagrin of fans that want real cosmic stories...(On another note, awesome avatar, Kate rules!!)

I know. It's tearin' me up! I was a big fan of GotG before the whole Marvel Now, but not even my love for the team could stop me from dropping the book because Bendis has basically done absolutely nothing with them. It's cameo after cameo and now we have a Avengers team-up? Sweet buttery Jesus. I stopped reading X-Men awhile ago. The whole time traveling mess kinda' put me in a state of "meh".

(Thanks. I've been goin' Kate Crazy for a good half of a year. Haha.)

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills said:

@greenlanterndeadpool:

I know. It's tearin' me up! I was a big fan of GotG before the whole Marvel Now, but not even my love for the team could stop me from dropping the book because Bendis has basically done absolutely nothing with them. It's cameo after cameo and now we have a Avengers team-up? Sweet buttery Jesus. I stopped reading X-Men awhile ago. The whole time traveling mess kinda' put me in a state of "meh".

(Thanks. I've been goin' Kate Crazy for a good half of a year. Haha.)

I know exactly what you mean, I love the GOTG, but the book in Bendis' hands- well, it suffers from what Avengers & X-Men did, a condition called Bendisitis:

No Caption Provided

I hope they develop a vaccine soon...

(I know what you mean! Kate's become one of my favorite characters, like Clint said, she's perfect! She's just awesome. As a longtime Hawkeye fan, her presence makes things al the more sweeter! Made me even go back & get all the Young Avenger stuff, because I came to love her character so much!)

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By scavengerFist

@winter_kills: The agony continues bro.

@scarlet_rogue said:

Couldn't agree more. Abnett is killing it on Guardians 3000. Give him his baby back

This. The only consolation I found is what he did to Agent Venom.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: The agony continues bro.

@powerplay said:
    @scarlet_rogue said:

This. The only consolation I found is what he did to Agent Venom.

Totally agreed, bro. The only good thing to come out of this is Agent Venom's upgrade & new purpose- everything else is a snooze-fest.

No Caption Provided

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: I'd prefer Rocket's solo over this. Have you heard of the infinity gauntlet tie-in?

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: I'd prefer Rocket's solo over this. Have you heard of the infinity gauntlet tie-in?

Me too, bro! I hope RR is brought back post-Secret Wars, it is one of my fave books. The same way with Legendary Star-Lord, I hope it is brought back too; I mean they were good books, & Gamora is supposed to be getting a book b Nicole Perlman this summer, & we have the Groot book too...I'd also like an awesome, badass Drax book. Yeah, I saw the IG tie-in, it looks like it has potential- I like the designs, especially for Peter, a cool combination of DnA Star-Lord & current I think. Interested to see where it goes. Another thing that bums me out is Guardians 3000 getting ended- if that book doesn't get revived, then shame on you, Marvel! We need to get the cosmic books back in the hands of true cosmic writers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

You cancelled Young's Rocket Raccoon for this?

No Caption Provided
    scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist said:

Me too, bro! I hope RR is brought back post-Secret Wars, it is one of my fave books. The same way with Legendary Star-Lord, I hope it is brought back too; I mean they were good books, & Gamora is supposed to be getting a book b Nicole Perlman this summer, & we have the Groot book too...I'd also like an awesome, badass Drax book. Yeah, I saw the IG tie-in, it looks like it has potential- I like the designs, especially for Peter, a cool combination of DnA Star-Lord & current I think. Interested to see where it goes. Another thing that bums me out is Guardians 3000 getting ended- if that book doesn't get revived, then shame on you, Marvel! We need to get the cosmic books back in the hands of true cosmic writers.

I get the feeling they'll forget how RR and Groot met in Groot's new ongoing, but at least he'll have an ongoing. When I saw the IG tie-in cover I was hyped that maybe - just maybe - we'll see Rich Rider back. *internal squeal* The Guardians 3000 has a cool plot, shame if it gets the axe again. Bro, I really agree with ya on the state of Cosmic Marvel.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills said:

@scavengerfist said:

I get the feeling they'll forget how RR and Groot met in Groot's new ongoing, but at least he'll have an ongoing. When I saw the IG tie-in cover I was hyped that maybe - just maybe - we'll see Rich Rider back. *internal squeal* The Guardians 3000 has a cool plot, shame if it gets the axe again. Bro, I really agree with ya on the state of Cosmic Marvel.

I think they are too. It's a shame how they think they have to retcon things when Giffen, Abnett & Lanning did it perfectly the first time. Like you I am glad he is getting an ongoing, though; I just hope RR gets his back. Oh man, I was thinking that same exact thing when I saw the IG tie-in! Maybe it's wishful thinking because I want Rich back in the MU so friggin' bad, but seriously bro, if they brought Rich back(& New Xandar is on the Battleworld map, so there's also that for hope), it would redeem so many things, or at least balance out so many screwy things that Marvel has done lately. Rich Rider is one of my favorite comic characters of ALL TIME. Just give us a New Xandar with a new Nova Corps, so they can keep Sam if they want, but give the MU what it really needs, the real Nova Centurion PRIME!! Make it happen, Marvel!

No Caption Provided

Man, I do hope they let Abnett continue with G3000 in some form, he was just getting started!(I REALLY wanted to see more of Raina Rider & King Peter the Star-Lord!) It would literally be a cosmic injustice if he wasn't allowed to continue with his awesome cosmic storytelling while Bendis continues trudging along with average storytelling in GOTG. And speaking of G3000 & SW tie-ins, have you seen the Korvac Saga book by Abnett? Abnett+classic Guardians+Hercules+Korvac=EPIC.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Yeah bro, I'll see if I could get my hands on the Korvac tie-in. On the other hand, I'd like the Guardians 3000 to continue too; I'm sure Abnett has much more stories to offer.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist:

Yeah, the series is just too friggin' good to wind up in limbo after Secret Wars! If Bendis is still going to be writing GOTG, then we need Abnett's G3000 to show us what a real cosmic book is all about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.