Follow

Second Coming

Story arc »

The third part of the Messiah Trilogy cross-over stories that started in Messiah CompleX & continued in Messiah War. Second Coming heralds the long-awaited return of Hope Summers & Cable to the present day.

Off My Mind: Which X-Men Character Will Die In Second Coming?

• 86 results
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Colossus already died, I think it might be Cable, Emma, or Nightcrawler.

fedykin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By fedykin87

My money is on Kurt, he's the X-Men whose almost one of the originals and never died once. He's also they one that basically everyone knows, likes, and gets along well with even the fans which would make his death the most impacting out of all of them.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By The_Ghostshell

It should be Cyclops who dies in my opinion. Not cause I hate the character, but because I think his death would actually have the most impact on the X-Men. Emma is a former villain who, lets be honest, not many beyond Scott would miss. Colossus and Magik? Been there, done that. Nightcrawler....meh. Cable.....he's from the future so wouldn't that mess something up? And if it wouldn't, it still seems like he'd come back with some sort of cheesy timeline displacement thingy or it would end up being Stryfe yadda yadda yadda. Kill Cyclops and leave him dead while Jean comes back ;P

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By pixelized
    @Gambler:  Actually, Emma's Manifest Destiny story was there to show that many of her teammates would lay their life on the line protecting her as she would them.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PYH000

Magik's not going to die because she has a huge role in New Mutants after Second Coming.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @pixelized said:

" @Gambler:  Actually, Emma's Manifest Destiny story was there to show that many of her teammates would lay their life on the line protecting her as she would them. "

I'll admit I haven't read that story, but they're X-Men so naturally they would lay their life on the line for one another. What I'm saying though, is Emma Frost dying wouldn't hit the X-Men as hard as someone like Cyclops, who was there from the start. If he were to die it would change everything, not sure the same can be said about Emma Frost dying. Sure I would where black for a year but I doubt the X-Men as a team would have a hard time moving forward without her. Could be wrong though.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pixelized
    @Gambler said:
    " @pixelized said:

" @Gambler:  Actually, Emma's Manifest Destiny story was there to show that many of her teammates would lay their life on the line protecting her as she would them. "

I'll admit I haven't read that story, but they're X-Men so naturally they would lay their life on the line for one another. What I'm saying though, is Emma Frost dying wouldn't hit the X-Men as hard as someone like Cyclops, who was there from the start. If he were to die it would change everything, not sure the same can be said about Emma Frost dying. Sure I would where black for a year but I doubt the X-Men as a team would have a hard time moving forward without her. Could be wrong though. "
    The Roster as well as Leadership roles have rotated so much that the team wouldn't disband should any of them die. Sure Scott dying would warrant an issue dedicated to his life as well as tons of, "I just miss him so much" dialogue, but that's about it. Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Angel, as well as Magneto have all lead the team at one point or another. There's no one that could die that they would have trouble moving forward without.... well, Maybe Hope, but she's a special case.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @pixelized: Angels lead?
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@pixelized said:

" The Roster as well as Leadership roles have rotated so much that the team wouldn't disband should any of them die. Sure Scott dying would warrant an issue dedicated to his life as well as tons of, "I just miss him so much" dialogue, but that's about it. Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Angel, as well as Magneto have all lead the team at one point or another. There's no one that could die that they would have trouble moving forward without.... well, Maybe Hope, but she's a special case. "
    This is true, but I'm not really saying they would "disband." Just that Scott's death would have a much bigger impact then Emma Frost's. Sure others have led the team, but it always comes back to Cyc. You are probably right though, the X-Men would move on regardless of who died.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By pixelized
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " @pixelized: Angels lead? "
    mhmmm, During Austin's run i believe, back when he carried a sword >.>
    ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By ninjadude853

i think its nightcrawler, because in chapter 1, he had that little side conversation with cyclops about whether or not hope is actually a messiah, and the previews for future issues say that Utopia is going to be split over Hope being a savior, if nightcrawler, a peaceful, good person died, not only would that cause this split, but it would also cause Cyclops to feel intense guilt

cables not going to die until the finale

rudorudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By rudorudo

As much as I love Cable - writers just 't seem to be running out of ideas for the character and therefore I think he's gonna be the one kickin the bucket. 
    If he does live though - they need to get a writer who has played Mass Effect 2 write the character - because ME sure as hell proves Guns + biotics (or in cable's case his telekinesis) is badass!!!

mdb47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mdb47

I bet Emma... simply because she has always had loyalty issues so sacrificing herself for the good of the cause would be more powerful than anyone else... from who we would expect this from.

And I hope they stay dead. The writers HAVE to know it upsets fans with the revolving door of death.

AdamWentz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AdamWentz

i want it to be cable or magik i like the others too much to see them go but just to mess with things id like to see hope go i think it would be the most ironic choice but not going to happen but any way whoever it is will be back within a few months
    Ninja Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By Ninja Nova

I don't want to see Cable die, nor Angel.

I think Nightcrawler's gonna end up dead. Maybe even Emma, but Cable could bite the dust. =/

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By Meteorite

Dammit, I wish people would stop saying that Nightcrawler is going to die! He's my favourite X-Man, and I would be shattered if he was killed.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67  Edited By charlieboy

i hope it is emma. but just because i don't like her.  i cannot believe she is the premiere x-lady now. apparently all you have to do is wear a skimpy outfit to be considered a good character these days.
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#68  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Every one's say Nightcrawler but no way he'd stay dead more than, oh, half an hour or so?
    Same for angel.
    I'm startin' to wonder if there's a jean conection here too.

davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By davidkenneth

I think Bishop some how some way!
    00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By 00 Raiser

PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT EMMA. She is one of my favorite current X-Men and she toughened up Cyclops. I mean the old Scott Summer would have never consented to forming X-Force that eliminates enemies by any means necessary.

Mahtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By Mahtu
    @WilliamWright said:
    "  It has to be Emma that way Scotty can Start Dating Hope....(Come on a red head that Use's the PF how can Scotty not date her?)  if i was writing it thats what i would do and then you can have Cable and Scott be at odds again . "
    okay that's kinda gross.  Isn't hope like 16?
    fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#72  Edited By fACEmelter88

It will be Magik because she is a teleporter, she can teleport Hope to Utopia...mini series over so she be the one to die. It is most ;likely CABLE WILL DIE but probably later in the series since is basically Hopes dad and he would die for her, thus his death pushing her to finally fully express her powers...that be my theory. One death that would be surprising and probably won't happen is Emma, since she is kind of a cold bitch to see her sacrifice herself would be extra shocking/cathartic but also an unlikely but plausible death is Scott, i can see the mutants in the home stretch to reach Utopia and Scott is taken out kind of shattering the team structure.  

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#73  Edited By fACEmelter88
    @WilliamWright said:
    "  It has to be Emma that way Scotty can Start Dating Hope....(Come on a red head that Use's the PF how can Scotty not date her?)  if i was writing it thats what i would do and then you can have Cable and Scott be at odds again . "
    She's like 15!! sooooooooooooo wrong and weird
    rudorudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By rudorudo
    @Mahtu said:
    " @WilliamWright said:
    okay that's kinda gross.  Isn't hope like 16? "
    as well as the fact that cable being her "father", so if Scott was to actually do that  - he'd essentially be going out with his step-granddaughter....which would be creepier than woody allen marrying his own step-daughter.
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kerukun878

It's Kurt. Gotta be.

Mahtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mahtu
    @rudorudo said:
    " @Mahtu said:
    " @WilliamWright said:
    okay that's kinda gross.  Isn't hope like 16? "
    as well as the fact that cable being her "father", so if Scott was to actually do that  - he'd essentially be going out with his step-granddaughter....which would be creepier than woody allen marrying his own step-daughter. "
    yeah.  i thought about that too haha.
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By devilmanex

Looking at the preview for X-Force 26 it looks like its either Moonstar or Karma who bite the big one....In the New Mutants 12 preview it says someone isn't going to make it home either.... My money is on Dani since she isn't a mutant anymore

ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ahumancartoon

I don't think any of the X-Men standing over the body on that cover is gonna die. it's whoever is under that sheet. Who's to say that those X-Men ain't standing over the dead X-Man.

jambitox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jambitox

Emma or Cable!!!

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#80  Edited By jordama

@ahumancartoon said:

"I don't think any of the X-Men standing over the body on that cover is gonna die. it's whoever is under that sheet. Who's to say that those X-Men ain't standing over the dead X-Man. "

Haha, that would be hilarious. Marvel: "gotcha, how could they be standing there and under the sheet, gotta think about these things people."

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#81  Edited By gmanfromheck

Now we know who dies from this picture.

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#82  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

NO WAY!!!

Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Grendel

Did the second part of the Messiah Trilogy reveal who the next death will be?

In Messiah War, Bishop visits Las Vegas in what was titled "the near future". There he meets Stryfe and offers him Cable. 

Stryfe's response: "Cable is dead"

uncanny89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By uncanny89
    @Grendel:  thats interesting maybe he does die then
    InvisibleKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By InvisibleKitty

But What Happened to Magic after she whent to Limbo again? I only know from what I read of her on here...

Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
    DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow all of my favorite X-Men just happen to be up for this.
    -__- 
    (Iceman, Angel, and Nightcrawler)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.