Follow

Scorpion

Character » Scorpion appears in 62 issues.

Once a member of the Shirai-Ryu clan of Ninjas, Hanzo Hasashi a.k.a. Scorpion for vengeance. was killed by the Elder Sub-Zero in battle while his whole family and clan were slaughtered by the menacing sorcerer: Quan Chi. Scorpion returned, but as a Ninja spectre out for vengeance.

'Injustice: Gods Among Us' Scorpion Impressions

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Well, the leak has proven right thus far, so don't be surprised if we see Zod closer to Man of Steel's release! Scorpion is our third DLC character for Injustice: Gods Among Us and if you're a season pass holder, he's currently yours to use. Everyone else has to wait, though. So, does the popular Mortal Kombat character make a great addition to the roster or is Ed Boon the only one truly excited for this fighter? Read on to find out, Viners.

Jim Lee + Scorpion = Win.
    Jim Lee + Scorpion = Win.

While much of Scorpion remains the same (if you're a fan of Mortal Kombat 9, that is), one change is immediately noticeable: his costume. NetherRealm Studios teamed-up with the massively talented Jim Lee to give the resurrected ass-kicker a fresh look and Lee absolutely hit it out of the park. It's a familiar yet totally different attire and I must admit, I really dig it. But the clothes don't make the man, so how does he hold up in the game? Truth be told, he's quite fun. Yes, a vast majority of his attacks are taken directly from Mortal Kombat 9, but changes are made here and there which manage to make him feel somewhat new. For example, Scorpion's spear (without using meter) no longer leaves your enemy momentarily incapacitated right in front of you. Instead, the ninja follows up with a harsh melee strike after the foe is pulled in. On the surface, it seems like such a small change, but it really does give the character new life.

Despite his combos primarily being taken from the latest Mortal Kombat, they're still a blast to use. They're pretty simplistic and easy to remember, yet still remain hugely effective. He's sporting a defensive character trait and while it does look cool, it seems underwhelming as well. Scorpion's engulfed in flames and it's supposed to damage to those foolish enough to stand next to you. Aside from an immediate dose of damage when it's executed, the harm inflicted afterwards seemed minimal to me. As expected, he's a gadget character and it's worth noting he cannot place explosives on objects. Personally, I think the biggest game changer surrounding the character is his teleport punch. Seeing as Injustice: Gods Among Us is boasting a faster pace than Mortal Kombat 9, it's only natural the character changes with the times, too. Unfortunately, this leads to Scorpion often feeling like the offspring of Nightcrawler. In a skilled player's hands, the teleport punch is a ridiculously effective move when properly utilized. But in the hands of a shameless spammer? Oh man, it's a nightmare and tough to counter. Yes, if blocked it does indeed leave Scorpion vulnerable for a few moments, but seeing as you have to hold forward to block it (since he appears behind you and forward is now backwards), it can be somewhat difficult to accomplish.

Awesome! Wait, that's all?
    Awesome! Wait, that's all?

Hanzo Hasashi's power move starts off great but ends on a lackluster note. Witnessing him take his opponent to Hell and smash them into rock is a good time, but then it ends with a totally generic smash into the ground. Why not have him throw his foe into the lava? Why not use his swords for a final impale as they come crashing down? Why not use hellfire? It leaves a lot to be desired, especially when weighed next to the plethora of super cool power moves the other characters bring to the table. Honestly, I'd say he's the only character with a victory cut scene more vicious and neat than their power move.

Look, I'll be the first to admit I'm disappointed they picked the popular undead ninja from another franchise over the dozens upon dozens of great options from the DC universe. Swamp Thing? Vixen? Martian Manhunter? Zatanna? Animal Man? Beast Boy? Black Manta? Atrocitus? All could be really fantastic additions to the roster and there's so much more potential in the universe at their disposal. With so many DC characters receiving overwhelming demand, why not just give us what we want? What's done is done and Scorpion is here to stay, though. On the plus side, he is indeed a solid character and is great fun to use (despite inevitable teleport spammers and lacking significant change from MK9, that is).

Ultimately, the deciding factor is how strongly you feel about NetherRealms Studios' decision to pick the character over someone from DC. If this is legitimately upsetting to you and you want to firmly express that opinion, then speak with your money and don't shell out $4.99 when the time comes. But if it's a decision you can tolerate or even applaud, then yes, you'll be happy to know Scorpion's totally worth the cash.

Look away, Superman fans!
    Look away, Superman fans!

Scorpion will be available for download June 11.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Despite taking a spot that could've be handed over to a DC character who now may not make it onto the roster, I'm happy to say that he's a nice and welcomed addition to the cast. He fits in perfectly with the faster pace of Injustice and he's one heck of a character to counter against when a truly skilled player gets ahold of him!

Definitely worth it!

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mcbean

Really don't know how I feel about this it's cool to have him in the game but it would also be cool to just have DC characters

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I love MK. I've played it since I was a child. And I say that with somewhat mixed feelings. I don't mind that Scorpion got a spot but I won't know how I feel until we get the rest of the DLC characters because one character I really like could have been in that spot. But on the flip side, I enjoyed MK vs DC for what it was worth so a crossover in a spot isn't a huge deal for me either way. It might be a problem with me if it they waste more spots, though.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nice article Gregg!

So the people who bought the Season Pass can use him now, or is he available June 11?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ccraft said:

Nice article Gregg!

So the people who bought the Season Pass can use him now, or is he available June 11?

Season pass = now.

Non-season pass = June 11.

And thanks!

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Okay, just making sure! Man now I need to rebuy INJUSTICE should have done it yesterday!!!

vijetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vijetro

So for me, I really love him, very quick, powerful but like the article said..quite bite boring they dont give us someone from DC family and not from their own family at Netherealm but for what I have try with him I love him and not sayin I dont just would love to get more DC characters.

P.S Special power first time try..fun after that...well I see him more deadly(speaking of Scorpion)

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

Hes fun to playm his super at the end is lack luster. Right on the nail greg.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to use Scorpion!

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

Well I bought the season pass so obviously I'll get him; but it's still stupid that he's here. I can probably enjoy playing as him, but if I didn't have the season pass I would never buy him.

traces8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By traces8

I hate the choice. I bought a game hat allows me to play some of my favorite comic book characters, not tack on "greatest hits" from a past franchise. If I wanted mk I would buy mk.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By papad1992

Eh... there are plenty of suitable characters to fill his spot as one of the DLC. I'm not happy.

I would have wanted to see either: Starfire, Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Cheshire, Poison Ivy, Gorilla Grodd, Fire, Blue Beetle, anyone...

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#13  Edited By Cavemold

He has the easiet super to land

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmashBrawler

Already played with him. Fun, I guess, but how much they borrowed from his MK9 moveset was pretty distracting at first. And his ending was... eh, Mortal Kombat-generic. Overall, I wouldn't even consider using the character if he hadn't been forced on me.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MK characters belong in M rated games.

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#17  Edited By amutant

Maybe the next dlc character will be Bugs Bunny...

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

After playing a few rounds with Scorpion I must say this. SCORPION WINS! FLAWLESS VICTORY!! FATALITY!!!!!!! Also let me you, his ending is awesome. The DCU better be prepared for....... MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

Loading Video...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smart_dork_dude: lol that music should have been playing in the background every time you use Scorpion!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

His super move is so disappointing.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jokergeist
    BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Think of it this way, if you mained him in MK 9 you are going to love him because he is pretty much a port of that character he has all the same specials and all the same combos. He was my favorite to play as in MK 9 but to me he is so out of place and made me regret my season pass where Batgirl and Lobo never did.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By FlashKnight

Eh... there are plenty of suitable characters to fill his spot as one of the DLC. I'm not happy.

I would have wanted to see either: Starfire, Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Cheshire, Poison Ivy, Gorilla Grodd, Fire, Blue Beetle, anyone...

Add Doctor Fate to that list. This was a shameless advertising move by Boon.

j_impulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the entire point was to set this aside as completely DC. If not only to wash out the bad taste still left from "Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe".
    SN: First comment ever. Kind've excited. I don't know why I've prolonged this.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dreamfall31

Scorpion was in MK....why bother putting him in a DC centric game? Definately will not be buying his DLC. Swamp Thing, Constantine, or any of the Justice League Dark characters would have been a much cooler thing to see. We get it, Nether Realm makes MK and this game was essentially MK with only DC characters! Why couldn't it have stayed that way!

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

It's not worth buying him at all. This is quite possibly the stupidest thing ever to happen ever

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how he looks I already got season pass so yeah... I loved the Luchador skin for Bane though.

Omen14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would prefer the Black Canary, or Starfire. Not some MK character. They had plenty of games to appear in.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, that Jim Lee outfit is freaking awesome.

Avatar image for misternefarious
    MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't tell you how ugly I think that Jim Lee costume is. It looks more like an Ermac or Noob Saibot costume but that's not what makes it bad.

Those blades at the hilt of his swords and the way the blades are pointing while on his back is just stupid, and the forearm blades are really cartoony looking.

But he plays well... He plays like a spazzier MK9 Scorpion that's easier to combo with. I'll still play as him, I just REALLY hate the way he looks and I'd rather have a DC character in there.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LordRequiem

All I can say is that I hope Boon brings about more than one set of DLC, because the gerenal consensus on here and everywhere is why the hell is Scorpion in this game? Netherrealm need to redeem themselves and churn out a full DC character set.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are plenty of suitable characters... I would have wanted to see martian man hunter but since everyone wants him they're going to have to make him incredible so if they take a long time that's ok ..if one or two mortal kombat characters appear in injustice its not the end of the world. ...imagine if they did a injustice mortal combat mash up with mk9 vs injustice character models with like 50 characters...swamp thing would be a great dlc ...also please give us the costumes from the ios app for purchase

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

In the grand scheme of things this is no different then Freddy Kruger or Kratos options in games past.

However when you have so many better options and so few slots to fill this seems to be a waste of a character.

That being said he is a fun character to add to the mix, I just would have liked to see other DC characters get the spot instead.

Shajita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone having issues blocking Scorpions teleport punch, just hold straight down on the D-pad/Stick. It will make you do a ducking block, and it blocks from both sides. Should make him slightly more manageable.

consafo80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By consafo80

I'm fairly annoyed at this. There's loads of DC characters they could of done before they got round to shitty MK people.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@shajita said:

For anyone having issues blocking Scorpions teleport punch, just hold straight down on the D-pad/Stick. It will make you do a ducking block, and it blocks from both sides. Should make him slightly more manageable.

You're a saint.

batmarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have the season pass for Injustice and Scorpion is not available right now for some reason like he is not showing up at all.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I have the season pass for Injustice and Scorpion is not available right now for some reason like he is not showing up at all.

You need to download the latest compatability pack.

batmarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By batmarcus

@k4tzm4n:

@k4tzm4n said:

@batmarcus said:

You need to download the latest compatability pack.

How and where on the PS3? It has no update alerts showing and it is saying nothing about it when I start the game....

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@batmarcus: I don't have it for the PS3, but assuming it's similar to the 360:

-Go to bonus features.

-Downloadable content.

-Buy/download content.

-Scorpion should be there.

-If that's not there, Compability Pack 3/Doomsday Containment Suit should be.

batmarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

-Go to bonus features.

-Downloadable content.

-Buy/download content.

Well they both were not there. Guess that Season Pass was a waste of money.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

NO!!!!!!!!! DC ONLY. HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN WHEN BLACK CANARY ISNT EVEN IN THE GAME YET!!!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

Add Doctor Fate to that list. This was a shameless advertising move by Boon.

Agreed.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

-Go to bonus features.

-Downloadable content.

-Buy/download content.

Well they both were not there. Guess that Season Pass was a waste of money.

Did you search "Injustice" in the PSN?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By NightFang3

I don't care what anybody thinks DC vs. MK was a fun game.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So unless Scorpion isn't canon, everybody else had to take special pills in order to be on an even physical playing field with Supes, but Scorpion is naturally just as strong as these amped versions of our favorite characters?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.