Follow

Sandman

Character » Sandman appears in 1251 issues.

Former enemy of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, Sandman reformed after realising he was unhappy with his life. He joined the Avengers and later Silver Sable's Wild Pack. Sandman eventually returned to crime after being brainwashed by the Wizard, but sometimes still displays desire to better himself.

Sandman on the Avengers?

Ikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ikari

I was looking through Sandman's teams and the first thing I saw was the Avengers.... How and When did Sandman become a member of the  Avengers. I don't read Spider-Mans but this I find interesting. Could somebody explain this to me?

XDespairX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By XDespairX

He was an avenger's member in the nineties when he tried to be a reformed bad guy. He and Rage were reserve members at first and got their full avenger's staus later on. Just blame Larry Hama. lol

Chrome Zillion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chrome Zillion
    Ikari said:
    "I was looking through Sandman's teams and the first thing I saw was the Avengers.... How and When did Sandman become a member of the  Avengers. I don't read Spider-Mans but this I find interesting. Could somebody explain this to me?
    "
    Sandman teamed up with Hydroman in a caper that didn't go to well and he ended up becoming so traumatized he tried to go straight.The Avengers made him a probationary member at one point and he was also a Hero for Hire.
    avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By avengpymhawk

Sob....... I miss the 90's in comics. Sandman ruled with Silver Sable and the Wildpack. Danny brought the best out of the Ghost Rider. The X-Men actually wasn't lame. Peter David made Hulk cool. Bane broke Batman's back. Tim Drake proved he destined to be Robin. Superman died. Not to mention Valliant ruled the comic world. Yes, the good ol'days.

Colossus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Colossus666
    avengpymhawk said:
    "

Sob....... I miss the 90's in comics. Sandman ruled with Silver Sable and the Wildpack. Danny brought the best out of the Ghost Rider. The X-Men actually wasn't lame. Peter David made Hulk cool. Bane broke Batman's back. Tim Drake proved he destined to be Robin. Superman died. Not to mention Valliant ruled the comic world. Yes, the good ol'days.

"
    Yea i agree.  I x-men were so fucking badass in the 90's.

No Caption Provided

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By box turtle

He should join the New Avengers.  I was so mad when I read this:  

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN # 616
    The Story: The Sandman has vacillated between good and evil over the years, joining the Sinister Six and the Frightful Four...as well as becoming a reserve Avenger and a member of Silver Sable's Wild Pack. But as of this issue, and forever more, he will always be known as a villain -- one of the worst in the Wall-Crawler's Rogues Gallery -- and it's all Spider-Man's fault! Find out the shocking reason why in this issue as "THE GAUNTLET" continues! Rated A …$2.99

In Stores: Dec 23, 2009 - see details

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @box turtle said:
    "
    He should join the New Avengers.  I was so mad when I read this:  

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN # 616
    The Story: The Sandman has vacillated between good and evil over the years, joining the Sinister Six and the Frightful Four...as well as becoming a reserve Avenger and a member of Silver Sable's Wild Pack. But as of this issue, and forever more, he will always be known as a villain -- one of the worst in the Wall-Crawler's Rogues Gallery -- and it's all Spider-Man's fault! Find out the shocking reason why in this issue as "THE GAUNTLET" continues! Rated A …$2.99

In Stores: Dec 23, 2009 - see details
        "
    What don't you like about this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.