Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

ScoodleDaddle's Comic-Con 2007 update!

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

I couldn't make it to the Paramount thing in Hall H. Had to get badges, and the line WRAPPED AROUND THE BUILDING. I don't care if I missed Iron Man or Cloverfield.

Also missed the first DC panel regarding Countdown.

I did get to see the Stan Lee documentary thing, and it was pretty cool. Love Stan.

Saw DC: Crossing Over. Much more fun panel than I thought it would be. Greg Rucka was very vocal on several subjects, including: Filmmakers and such making comic just to make a movie out of it, Comic-Con "becoming Sundance", Whedon doing comics cause he's out of work, and more.

Spotlight on Adam Hughes was fun. I think I'll head by his booth tomorrow, get a sketch. Not of a woman, either!

The DC Group Therapy panel was great fun. DiDio and Johns are pretty funny. Johns said that several secret cross-team members are going to send Geo-Force into space, for his own good.

Ah, yes. Superman Doomsday. I got into the first showing, and got some nice seats. Levits introduced the film. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. The new voices and looks were jarring at first, but I quickly got over it. Baldwin delivered as Supes, and Marsters was a perfect Luthor. I won't spoil too much, but the Doomsday fight and the final fight were easily Timm's best fight scenes yet. Maybe some of the best animated fights period. Score was fantastic, etc... Good all around. Afterward, Timm, Novack, the director, the casting director, and some others came out to talk about it. They mentioned that we will be seeing some older voices coming back in later DCAU films, such as Clancy, but in as-yet-unannounced roles. Heavy hinting at a Kingdom Come film happened, but no confirmations. Also, they showed a teaser for New Frontier. And it looked great. Timm really remade his work to resemble Cooke's, and it looks like it's going to follow the book closely. David Boreanez is Hal Jordan, Doogie Howser is Barry Allen, Lucy Lawless is, fittingly, Wonder Woman, Jeremy Sisto (sp?) is Batman (Timm mentioned that we may be skeptical, but his Batman will apparently, and I quote, "Blow our @#$% away.") and somebody I forgot is Superman. I'm wondering who J'onn will be. For me, nobody can really top Carl Lumbly as far as MM goes.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be waiting at the Joker's designated spot at 10am, bwahahaha!

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zero edge

Awesome, I'm even more excited for Superman Doomsday now. I heard the Iron Man trailer was pretty good.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

You gonna go to the Image founders reunion panel?

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Nah.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.