Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

San Diego Comic-Con 2009: Jorge Garcia (Hurley From LOST)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

I felt bad about this.  The poor dude just wanted to enjoy Comic-Con.  He couldn't even go by the Mattel booth without people hassling him.  The price of fame.  Note that he did say I could "walk and talk" with him.   Get ready for a major LOST spoiler.

Sick_j0k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Sick_j0k3

Oh come on! He couldn't just stand still and give G-man like 10 seconds to ask him questions? The lady that ran up to him asking for a picture definitely ruined it, he obviously just wanted to get out of there after that. 

Regardless, props to G-man for being professional about it and respecting his privacy. Apparently some reporter at comiccon earlier got kicked out for asking Kristen Stewart about her chemistry with the people on twilight after they strictly told the reporters there not to ask personal questions during the Q and A. 
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

I wonder if me talking to him is what tipped off that lady to ask for a picture.  But then, he did say he'd walk and talk with me.  Either way, it must suck not being able to enjoy being out in public. 

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By jefprice

Lol! Great video. Sad he wouldn't talk, I understand, but still guys like Nic Cage, Sean C, and even Co-Start Matt Fox, are always caught place  like that and they stop and are always like "Yeah man, lets do it!" Oh well. sadly this was not the case.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Darkchild

I really want to meet him he would be awesome to talk to

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

God no offence to him but he seems like a right pratt!  if he dont want to be talked too then dont walk around a comic con! your a star not a normal person!  

to quote my dad, bloody actors

2 things here... Red lamp needs to learn the term STEADY CAM! its like watching cloverfield watchign your vids! lol

3. gman needs to be more exciting to talk too... take a page from Babs, she is happy and cheery with them, you sound morbid and unhappy XD or just put on a wonder woman costume... actually no dont do that.... 

well done to you both for being brave enough to approach him!

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LastSon1027

I get where he is coming from he isn't there to be part of the show he is there to enjoy it. Props to G-man for not being a dick and letting the guy enjoy his day. Keep up the good work guys, you're really making this year rock with all the great updates.

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@G-Man:
    Nice. LOL "Lost Spoiler" 

Plus, you should wear the Wonder Woman Costume lol. That Be hilarious.
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondasch

LOL @ Cloverfield. Keep up the good work though.  Seriously, I know its fun but its a lot of work.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tyler Starke

Haha Hugo incognito Thats a crazy notion, I'm actually kinda suprized more people weren't mobing him

hitman154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By hitman154

It must be really hard to be in that situation. He wants to just check everything out and enjoy himself but he also doesn't want to hurt his fans feelings. You could tell that it was really hard for him to say no. You should have asked him for an interview for when he was done at the show.

The Batman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By The Batman!

Jorge Garcia, man even when your enjoying the Con you should make a little time for the fans. he said no to a quick picture. cant believe it

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
    @.Mistress Redhead. said:
    " God no offence to him but he seems like a right pratt!  if he dont want to be talked too then dont walk around a comic con! your a star not a normal person!   to quote my dad, bloody actors2 things here... Red lamp needs to learn the term STEADY CAM! its like watching cloverfield watchign your vids! lol 3. gman needs to be more exciting to talk too... take a page from Babs, she is happy and cheery with them, you sound morbid and unhappy XD or just put on a wonder woman costume... actually no dont do that....  well done to you both for being brave enough to approach him! "
    No way, he's so nice and basically just shy.  Jorge is no "pratt". 
    skirata_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By skirata_24

Did anyone else notice how much nicer he was to the random woman who asked for a picture than he was to G-Man?

What a dick.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kurrent

What a D-Bag

HarryF25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HarryF25

every one saying hes a dick. Your dicks, hes just shy and wants to have a look around without being mobbed

Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dipic

Jorge is actually a really cool, down to earth guy. To say he doesn't give a shit about fans is ridiculous as he's interacted with them probably more than any other actor on the show, going on fan podcasts and such. I'm sure he just wants to go enjoy himself at comic con, being a nerd himself, yet you can see that he's being stopped by people every 5 steps he takes. That's gotta suck. He is just a normal guy at heart, after all.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@Red L.A.M.P. said:
    " @.Mistress Redhead. said:
    " God no offence to him but he seems like a right pratt!  if he dont want to be talked too then dont walk around a comic con! your a star not a normal person!   to quote my dad, bloody actors2 things here... Red lamp needs to learn the term STEADY CAM! its like watching cloverfield watchign your vids! lol 3. gman needs to be more exciting to talk too... take a page from Babs, she is happy and cheery with them, you sound morbid and unhappy XD or just put on a wonder woman costume... actually no dont do that....  well done to you both for being brave enough to approach him! "
    No way, he's so nice and basically just shy.  Jorge is no "pratt".  "
    well he came across as one! 
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The Hottness
    @The Batman! said:
    " Jorge Garcia, man even when your enjoying the Con you should make a little time for the fans. he said no to a quick picture. cant believe it "

@HarryF25 said:
    "every one saying hes a dick. Your dicks, hes just shy and wants to have a look around without being mobbed "

Fans are what keeps shows like LOST on the air. Make time for a pic. thats the price of frame Jobber!
    Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kurrent
    @The Hottness said:
    " @The Batman! said:
    " Jorge Garcia, man even when your enjoying the Con you should make a little time for the fans. he said no to a quick picture. cant believe it "

@HarryF25 said:
    "every one saying hes a dick. Your dicks, hes just shy and wants to have a look around without being mobbed "
    Fans are what keeps shows like LOST on the air. Make time for a pic. thats the price of frame Jobber! "
    Thats right,

Since G-man came at him for an interview and camera I can see him turning down a formal interview and it being somewhat acceptable.....but  that girl just wanted a picture that would have taken a few seconds and would have made her day or even year
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Media_Master

Nice try though

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Lady Tlieso

I don;t think he came off as rude at all. Yes, the guy is an actor but that doesn;t mean he shouldn't be able to enjoy being a geek without being stopped ever couple seconds. Taking a picture with that girl would have just drawn more attention to him which he obviously didn't want. Regardless, nice try G-Man!!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bruce Vain

I can totally understand him not wanting to be mobbed by fans with pictures and questions and just wanting to enjoy the show. But he could've at least wore sunglasses and a hat at least, so no one will recognize him. At least not right away.

Avatar image for christonacrutch
    christonacrutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By christonacrutch

So, all you people who say he's a dick, you KNOW him, right? And I'm sure you also know what it's like to not be able to walk five feet without having SOMEONE ask something from you: a photo, an autograph, etc.

You guys have experienced that, right? I mean, you CLEARLY HAVE, otherwise you'd use your brain before opening your mouth.

Oh... you haven't had that experience? You haven't met him? Oh well, then you're the dicks.

Christ, bunch of fucking ingrates. The man said he'd walk and talk. It got crazy. G-Man HIMSELF ended the interview, not Jorge. You people are so quick to judge. So sad. What a miserable bunch of fools you are.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kurrent

G-Man probably took off because the guy was being silly about the interview from the beginning. From what I have seen the CV Staff has been nothing but respectful to the talent. People can call me any name in the book and try to look bad ass with the language and if you feel like that is what you have to do, here is a link to my page send me a PM

My opinion he could be the nicest guy in the world but what the video shows  it was a dick move on his part. If he wanted to be incognito he should have worn a hat or something the guy doesn't really blend in if you know what I mean.

Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Boyling

He was obviously there because he enjoys Comic Con but he doesn't have a publicist or some kind of PR coach so he can't handle all of that unwanted attention. It was a little awkward but I still respect the man.

Avatar image for christonacrutch
    christonacrutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By christonacrutch
    @Kurrent: Not trying to look like a bad ass and I'll use whatever language I want, thank you. I also didn't say the CV Staff was being disrespectful. I said YOU were being disrespectful, and that you should keep your hole shut until you know what you're talking about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.