Follow

San Diego Comic-Con

Location » San Diego Comic-Con appears in 49 issues.

San Diego Comic Con is the biggest gathering of Comic goodness that happens each year.

Anime Vice Does Comic Con!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Gia, Editor of Animevice.com
    Gia, Editor of Animevice.com
    I have to say that when I heard about this I was very excited! I am extremely proud to announce that our very own Gia Manry of Animevice.com will not only be in attendance at this year's San Diego Comic Convention, but that she will also be moderating a panel on Thursday, July 23rd. The panel will be entitled "The Best and Worst Manga 2008-2009" in IIRC Room 3 and will focus on the very good as well as the absolutely terrible manga that were released this past year. Manga critics Deb Aoki (manga.about.com), Kai-Ming Cha (Publishers Weekly), Ed Chavez (marketing director, Vertical Inc.), Gia Manry (Anime Vice), Tom Spurgeon (The Comics Reporter), Jason Thompson (Manga: The Complete Guide), and Eva Volin (chair, Great Graphic Novels for Teens) will discuss and debate their respective opinions regarding which were the best and worst Manga we have seen over the course of this past year. Once again we are very proud of Gia, and very excited for the exposure for Amnimevice at SDCC! If you "see" her, wish her congratulations!
    Avatar image for captain_cascader
    Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain Cascader

Woot. Way to go Gia! I'm kinda more interested in what the worst manga were this year. With manga, that usually means the most offensive :D

Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Omg chris
    @Captain Cascader said:
    " Woot. Way to go Gia! I'm kinda more interested in what the worst manga were this year. With manga, that usually means the most offensive :D "
    lol
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

A cool I'm gonna go to this!!!!!

gia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gia
    @Captain Cascader: Oh, they're offensive...just not necessarily in the way that you're thinking ;)
    Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Suigetsu

Nice.. Hey gia would you like to see a Deadpool Anime?

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondasch

Great news!  Sadly I can't go so you'll have to let us know what the worst of the worst were Gia.

gia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gia
    @Suigetsu: Well, Marvel is working on several anime with studios in Japan, including Iron Man and Wolverine. We were told there were four properties in the works, so it's entirely plausible that Deadpool would be one of them.

Sadly, virtually all of my X-Men canon comes from the '90s TV cartoon, not the comic books. (Since I hadn't watched the third flick, I'd barely even HEARD of Kitty Pryde when Del Rey announced that they were doing a Pryde-centered manga!) As such, I don't have much familiarity or fondness for Deadpool personally, so I can't really say whether I'd be more excited for a Deadpool anime than, say, a Kitty Pryde anime.

But would I watch it? Absolutely!
    Little Sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Little Sparrow

See's Gia on Vine......... I hate that America gets all the good stuff. The uk hardly gets any cons its a shame the last con I went to I had to travel over 271 miles to get to, but I got a few new Manga's by British writers so it was worth it...Also Animevice for the win xD.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

LS you also picked me up some cool stuff and got to meet the MATT TIMSON

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Final Arrow
    @.Mistress Redhead. said:
    " LS you also picked me up some cool stuff and got to meet the MATT TIMSON "
    yeah he was cool and a great family man his kids where there and he was happy to talk to everyone. Cool dude.
    Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
    @Little Sparrow said:
    " See's Gia on Vine......... I hate that America gets all the good stuff. The uk hardly gets any cons its a shame the last con I went to I had to travel over 271 miles to get to, but I got a few new Manga's by British writers so it was worth it...Also Animevice for the win xD. "
    Ha hillarious!  "Over 271 miles"... that's a days commute to work and back for some Americans. ;)
    Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Suigetsu
    " @gia:
    Yeah! thats what I wanted to hear =D!
    Well an x-men anime based on the 90's x-men would rock everyone's crazy pants!
    However I think a Deadpool anime would be stunning since he's style is not for a saturday morning cartoon nor the american animation style.
    A studio such as bones etc.. would do wonders with the animation and would do great justice to the character and its stories.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.