Follow

Rose Wilson

Character » Rose Wilson appears in 535 issues.

She is the highly trained warrior daughter of Deathstroke and Lillian Worth.

My Thoughts on Rose Wilson in the New 52

• 137 results
    rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: Right, yeah, that makes sense, both theories in fact. It could be that Harvest just has that much of an influence over his troops, to the point where he's manipulated Rose into believing that Caitlin is an enemy, or that Superboy was in fact the one that caused the 'farce' of a friendship to be exposed, because deep down she wanted it to be real even if it wasn't (which of course it is, but yeah, from her point of view). I can't really see how those two won't eventually make up and be friends again, though. I mean, so long as the writers are actually trying to give them character development. It would just be dumb to have Rose starting to really open up, with one special person that she really cares about, and then just take it all away and send her straight back to square one. Then again, DC has done dumber things...

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By RoseFairchild

Oh I'm sure they'll be fine in the end. DC may do dumb things, but they usually resolve most things. Now, how good the resolution will be, that's another story.

But all that writing of Rose and Caitlin's relationship, whoever's writing The Ravagers would be a complete idiot not to fix their problems over time. Though if I'm not mistaken I think I read in an interview somewhere that Rose only starts out as an antagonist and eventually joins the team. Though I'm not a hundred percent sure he mentioned that last part. But if she's not always gonna be an antagonist I think that last part is fairly obvious. So if she's joining I'm sure they work it out.

And may I just say how I hate how Rose got her ass handed to her off panel in Superboy #9.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: If you found that interview, I would be most appreciative. I've been trying to find all the interviews and information I can find about it, but haven't heard anything about that. All I have so far is speculation.

And, to be fair, as I mentioned in my updates on this topic, Rose and her teammates were vastly outnumbered. It was like, 19 or 20 to 12, or something like that. They didn't really stand much of a chance, and as Harvest revealed, he knew that they would lose. Also, because it was off panel, there is zero way of knowing how or by whom, or through what circumstances she herself was defeated. It's likely that she was teamed up on, again because of them being outnumbered. And for all we know she could of been one of the last ones standing on her side, we just have no way of knowing since we didn't see it. I'm actually more peeved about her constantly being cheap shotted from behind. First by Wonder Girl, now Ridge.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RoseFairchild

I'll try, don't hope for much though, I have no idea where I read it.

Yeah, the cheap shots suck. You'd think a girl with both eyes would see these things coming better then her one eyed past life.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: s'alright, just making an effort is good, lol.

And yeah, it does suck. Apparently they gave her back her eye, but took away her only actual power, aside from chemically increased physical attributes. I really liked her precog... before, sneaking up on her was a laughable concept. Now, it's becoming somewhat of a running joke.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RoseFairchild

Maybe that's why the running joke's there. lol.

But wasn't the whole precog thing caused by chemicals too? I know when she was taking those drugs it was enhanced.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: I believe her precog was actually her only natural power. If I remember correctly, she first experienced it when recovering in the hospital after being critically wounded by Damage during a Teen Titans training exercise. In this instance, it was actually an extensive look into the future, where she could possess people in the vision, much like her brother, Jericho, can. That was the first time her precog ever activated, and it was before she was taken in by Slade and given the same serum that enhanced him. The drugs that she was taking was epinephrine, or artificial adrenaline. At that point, her precog didn't always activate, but did so more often in the heat of battle, when she was pumped on adrenaline. By taking artificial adrenaline, she could basically force it to activate for a certain amount of time. Unfortunately, this had dire consequences on her body's well being, not only addicting her to it, but also slowly killing her. Also, after a while, her precog stopped working altogether, because of all her adrenaline overdosing. Eventually, she used up the last of her supply and kicked the habit for good.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RoseFairchild

Oooo, you see the beautiful new panel of her in Teen Titans 9?

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: why yes, yes I did, lol. She and warblade are gearing up to go after them. Now she and Caitlin just need to kiss and make up and be happy again.

Though, I wonder what the team Warblade is gather together involves and what happens to them... they're never mentioned in solicits or interviews, just rose and warblade.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RoseFairchild

That Panel is so much better looking then her last appearance in a Teen Titans issue. Hell, on a scale I'd rate it as one of my fav's of new 52 Rose.

I especially like about it that she doesn't have that bulky belt on.

But yeah, I wonder about the team too, maybe just a bunch of red shirt NOWHERE soldiers.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: It wasn't a bad panel, for sure, though I did think some of her facial proportions seemed a bit off, like her nose looked way too short and sits too high above her lips. But other than that it was definitely nice.

I don't know, doesn't exactly seem like a smart idea just taking a bunch of fodder with you to go after dangerous and powerful metahumans, especially when N.O.W.H.E.R.E. already has a whole group of the same, in Harvest's Ravagers.

Also... I've been wondering something. In regards to the series' name 'The Ravagers'... why is it called that exactly? I mean, The Ravagers is the name of Harvest's team, not the runaway kids. Heck, the only former Ravager on the team is Ridge, who already stated he hated being a Ravager. So why call the book that? Or why, if this ends up being the case, name your new team after another team of baddies? I would hope this is because Rose and Warblade end up eventually switching sides and joining, and end up retooling it into a new, better team of Ravagers, maybe. It just seems really strange for anyone else in the group to want to name their team The Ravagers, though.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By rav4

Updated with her appearance in The Ravagers #1. As always, updates are in bold and contain some spoilers.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Rose is badass. Her new look is easily her best. The new Warblade is full on Beast-Mode

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By rav4

@Gambler: ha, thank you for commenting, I completed a quest for that xD

on a side note, I want to know what kind of shampoo and conditioner Rose uses to make her hair look that flowing and gorgeous even in the midst of battle.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RoseFairchild

While I love the new artist in most pages, I really feel those two panels you posted really aren't the best of her from this issue. Her head just looks small and separate to me.

These two are much better.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: well I personally thought they looked fine. I mean, the proportions seem about right when you measure out the amount of head lengths tall she is while taking into account she isn't standing straight in either image. I think the head might look "separate" due to the fact that most of her neck is covered by the turtleneck-like part of her armor, so from those straight on angles it kind of gives the illusion of a disembodied head maybe? I don't really see it, but I guess that's what would cause it.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RoseFairchild

Yah, I just don't like those two panels much.

Though I will say I for one love the turtle neckish part of her costume.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: funny since I adore them, lol. To each their own, I guess.

doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#69  Edited By doomsilver

That was a really awesome blog (or whatever it was) that you did. That helped alot with her powers.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By rav4

@doomsilver: It was originally supposed to be a blog... but for some reason when I first posted it up, it wouldn't let me attach my blog to the forum, so eventually I just posted it as a regular topic. oh well. it's a blog that's not technically a blog, I guess.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RoseFairchild

Found some pretty awesome fan art of Rose today. Some of the first I've seen of New 52 Rose.

No Caption Provided

And then here's one I find nice of her and Caitlin.

No Caption Provided
    rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: Oh my god, that one of Rose and Caitlin is adorable

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By htb106

I hope she can become Ravager again one day, she'll just probably not join the Teen Titans.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By rav4

@htb106: I'm hoping she joins Caitlin's team and becomes friends with her again. I don't really like it when she's just a straight up cold villain. I'm ready to learn just where this New 52 Rose came from, and see a new depth to her. I mean, I get that she's a badass, and I love that about her, but that's not all she is, I don't need to be constantly reminded of it every week without seeing another side to her.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RoseFairchild

Wow, Ravagers issue 2 was much better then the first issue, and you probably noticed, but if I'm not mistaken Rose's comment about Caitlin not being a problem anymore sounded to me like she does still care about Caitlin, especially with the face she was making.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By sethysquare

If anyone has benefitted from the relaunch its Rose Wilson.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild said:

Wow, Ravagers issue 2 was much better then the first issue, and you probably noticed, but if I'm not mistaken Rose's comment about Caitlin not being a problem anymore sounded to me like she does still care about Caitlin, especially with the face she was making.

I was thinking the same thing, though it's hard to tell if it was meant to mean that she might still care, or if it's just how th artist ended up drawing it and it was a coincidence. And unfortunately, her appearance was so brief in this issue, I didn't really have anything to update her on this month, oh well

@sethysquare said:

If anyone has benefitted from the relaunch its Rose Wilson.

I really disagree so far... I mean, she still isn't really that fleshed out of a character at all. We've seen flashes of depth in the earlier issues of Superboy, but lately all we've seen of her is being a nondescript villain that goes around killing teenagers. I don't really see how she's benefited from that. I'm about ready for her to actually gain some real depth as a character and learn about her backstory. Until then, I can't say she's benefited from the relaunch at all. And if she remains a villain for good, which I don't think will happen but you never know, then it's even worse.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By sethysquare

@Ravager4: Looking at the sales for Ravagers, I'm doubtful that she'll be able to gain real depths before the book is canned. I expected Ravagers to sell alot better than that. Weird.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By rav4

@sethysquare: from what I saw, the first issue sold alright, at around 29k. Not outstanding, but there are plenty of other series more worthy of getting cancelled first. And the writer did already state we would be seeing her full backstory. I just can't say she's benefited from the reboot yet until I see that backstory and see her gain depth (and stop being a murderous villain, I would hope). Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By sethysquare

@Ravager4 said:

@sethysquare: from what I saw, the first issue sold alright, at around 29k. Not outstanding, but there are plenty of other series more worthy of getting cancelled first. And the writer did already state we would be seeing her full backstory. I just can't say she's benefited from the reboot yet until I see that backstory and see her gain depth (and stop being a murderous villain, I would hope). Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.

Uhm. Did you mean 39k cos if its 29k its in trouble.

But even at 39k its still bad. With returnability, its around 44k not including reorders.

But Captain Atom sold like 44k not including reorders and it got cancelled within 13 issues.

It really depends on how low the drop goes. Demon Knights and Animal Man both sold around 40+k without reorders, but there were tons of reorders for both books and reviews were so good that the drop is sales were very little.

I really hope this book does well because its such a good book. Hopefully it goes along the route of Demon Knights and Frankenstein rather than Captain Atom or Mister Terrific.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: Actually, looking back over that panel, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it was supposed to imply. Not just the face, but the way she says "Caitlin--?" and then the ellipsis following her next statement of "...I didn't realize she was still a factor," indicating that she paused there, as if concerned that they were still going after Caitlin. In fact, it's just become significant enough for me to add it to the OP as an update.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild said:

Found some pretty awesome fan art of Rose today. Some of the first I've seen of New 52 Rose.

No Caption Provided

And then here's one I find nice of her and Caitlin.

No Caption Provided

Here's another one for you!

No Caption Provided
    RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RoseFairchild

Hey, haven't posted in a long time, but the other night a theory popped into my head about Rose. I'm probably completely wrong, who knows, but it really makes sense of some things that have happened the past few months, including her over the top rage and then sudden seemingly worry for Caitlin in her last appearance.

Now, one page that never sat right with me back during the Titans attack on NoWhere's base when they tried to free Superboy was Solstices talk with Rose, I mean she really seemed to be getting through to Rose, and then the next thing we know Rose is carrying an unconscious Solstice over to the others leading us to believe Rose didn't believe anything she was saying despite the way it seemed and that she'd knocked out Solstice.

Well, what if that's not what happened? What if Solstice asked Rose to knock her out? We don't know what happened between the two scenes. What if Rose is now actually a double agent? Not to the Titans, but for Solstice? I mean from the way Solstice talked on that page it's pretty evident she used to be connected to Harvest in some way or another. So maybe she'd want someone in Harvests inner circle that was on her side.

I mean there's a few holes in that, like Rose's attempted murder against Tim. But if you ask me it all makes some sense. Though like I said up above, I'm probably wrong, but you never know.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: Yeah, as interesting a theory as that is, her attempting to kill Tim, her rage at Caitlin, and her killing some of those escaped teens (which I still don't like. Really, can she stop being a villain already?), kind of defeats that idea xD

On a side note, we'll see her again in December! (still so far awaaaaay)

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By RoseFairchild

Hey, I'm guessing you've seen the new Soliciations as you have one of the covers in your avi, but it seems according to the one for Ravagers 8 Rose and Warblades time serving Harvest may be at an end soon.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By rav4

finally, updated with Rose's most recent appearance in The Ravagers #7. Warning (SPOILERS)

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RoseFairchild

So, cover for Ravagers 11 is up, and is it just me or does it look like Rose and Caitlin are fighting on the same side in it? Then again covers are always misleading.

No Caption Provided

Also of note on Issue 8 coming out this month, I read the preview, and the new writer is already much much better then whoever's been on it so far.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#88  Edited By animehunter
    rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild said:

So, cover for Ravagers 11 is up, and is it just me or does it look like Rose and Caitlin are fighting on the same side in it? Then again covers are always misleading.

No Caption Provided

Also of note on Issue 8 coming out this month, I read the preview, and the new writer is already much much better then whoever's been on it so far.

It does look like they're fighting on the same side there, which is a good thing. Means we might actually be getting some character development in future issues. Also, I did see the preview, too, and was very satisfied with what I saw. The writing seems to be much better, the dialogue more natural, and the art is still gorgeous. Here's hoping we get some real insight on Rose's character. As always, I'll be updating this topic after I read the issue Wednesday, and again next week when the Superboy Annual comes out.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By rav4

Updated with her appearance in The Ravagers Issue 8. Spoilers, obviously, for those who haven't read it yet.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RoseFairchild

Y'know, I gotta say, I'm suddenly really not liking Caitlin, the fact that Rose is about to explode and all Caitlin can do is be antagonistic towards her really makes me believe Rose's assertion that Caitlin being her friend really was all an act.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild: Yeah, I found that really odd as well. Hopefully there's some clarification and better interactions in the next issue, and it should be interesting to see how they stop the implosions from happening.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By animehunter

With DC cancelling six titles which includes The Ravagers, I'm just wondering what the future holds for Rose.

Hopefully, even-though a bit optimistic, they will give her her own title, otherwise I hope she plays a main part in another title, but mainly that she gets her own alongside Caitlin Fairchild.

Here is the 5 page preview for issue 9, out 13th Feb

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By rav4

@animehunter said:

With DC cancelling six titles which includes The Ravagers, I'm just wondering what the future holds for Rose.

Hopefully, even-though a bit optimistic, they will give her her own title, otherwise I hope she plays a main part in another title, but mainly that she gets her own alongside Caitlin Fairchild.

Here is the 5 page preview for issue 9, out 13th Feb

I just found out and this is bad news. Sigh, Ravagers just got a great new writer (seriously, that one issue by the new writer was better than any other issue in the series thus far) and Rose was finally going to get some freaking development. Now there's the chance she'll be thrown away and forgotten.

The only good thing that can come from this is that she's put in a better book, but with the way DC has been running things lately, I have little hope for that.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By rav4

Updated with Rose's appearance in The Ravagers#9. As always, updates are in bold at the bottom of each category (just "background" this time). Spoilers, obviously, for those who haven't read it yet.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By animehunter

As there are only 3 issues left, I thought I would list there solicits.

Issues 11 & 12 seem to be key to both Caitlin and Rose, I have also included the solicit for Deathstroke 19 & 20 as it involves Rose.

*****Issue #10*****
    No Caption Provided

• Someone claiming to be Terra’s brother comes to the team. Unfortunately, Deathstroke the Terminator isn’t far behind him!

• The Ravagers are having serious trust issues already, so a visit from the world’s deadliest assassin certainly won’t help!

Written by: Michael Alan Nelson
    Art by: Ig Guara - Norm Rapmund
    Cover by: Ken Lashley
    Color/B&W: Color
    Page Count: 32
    U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Mar 13 2013

*****ISSUE #11*****
    No Caption Provided

• The latest creature to escape from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. brings death to The Ravagers—but is it animal, vegetable or mineral?

Cover by: Michael Golden

On Sale Date: Apr 10 2013

*****DEATHSTROKE #19*****
    No Caption Provided

• Which teens are the only ones deadly enough to stop Deathstroke?

Written by: Justin Jordan
    Art by: Edgar Salazar- Scott Hanna
    Cover by: Juan Jose Ryp

On Sale Date: Apr 10 2013

*****ISSUE #12*****
    No Caption Provided

• As Caitlin and Rose deal with the shocking revelation about their origins, Deathstroke takes down the remaining Ravagers. This is the end!

Cover by: Ken Lashley

On Sale Date: May 8 2013

*****DEATHSTROKE #20*****
    No Caption Provided

• The most accomplished cape-killer in the world gets the chance to add to his legacy when Deathstroke comes face to face with his daughter Rose and The Ravagers!

Written by: Justin Jordan
    Art by: Edgar Salazar - Scott Hanna
    Cover by: Aaron Kuder

On Sale Date: May 8 2013

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By RoseFairchild

Oh my god, so many feels for Rose and Caitlin this issue, I can't take it all. Why does this series have to be canceled! It was just getting good too. Rose better appear in whatever Caitlin is gonna appear in next.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By rav4

@RoseFairchild said:

Oh my god, so many feels for Rose and Caitlin this issue, I can't take it all. Why does this series have to be canceled! It was just getting good too. Rose better appear in whatever Caitlin is gonna appear in next.

Ha, my thoughts exactly. We already know that Rose isn't going to be sticking around with Harvest and will be teaming up with Caitlin and the others for the remaining issues, but I'm really hoping that also means they'll come to terms and forgive each other and be friends again, because ugh, they go so well together.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By animehunter

@Ravager4 said:

@RoseFairchild said:

Ha, my thoughts exactly. We already know that Rose isn't going to be sticking around with Harvest and will be teaming up with Caitlin and the others for the remaining issues, but I'm really hoping that also means they'll come to terms and forgive each other and be friends again, because ugh, they go so well together.

^This

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By RoseFairchild

Oh my god, look at this art I found of the two of them.

No Caption Provided

Best Rose/Caitlin fanart ever!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.