Follow

Roland Deschain

Character » Roland Deschain appears in 98 issues.

The last of the Gunslingers of Gilead. His mission; to find the Dark Tower, the nexus of reality and of the multiverse. He will stop at nothing to complete this misson, even if it means the loss of his soul or friends.

Marvel & Stephen King Announce New Dark Tower Series

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

Like a lot of people, I really dug Stephen King's The Dark Tower series.  I've been enjoying the comic adaptions and the good news is there will be more.  Marvel has announced that beginning in 2010, The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger will debut.  

The New York Times Best-Selling creative team of Peter David, Robin Furth and Richard Isanove will return for a new arc that will explore the life of Roland Deschain.  It will also reveal how and why he geban his pursuit of the Man in Black across Mid-Wolrd's Mohaine Desert!

“We are extremely excited to continue our epic journey into the Dark Tower universe with The Gunslinger,” says Ruwan Jayatilleke, Senior Vice President, Strategic Development-Acquisitions & Licensing. “And we are equally ecstatic to continue our collaboration with Stephen King as well as keeping comic book fans on their toes!” 

Have you read the Dark Tower novels?  How about the comics?  They're definitely worth checking out.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Does any one still read these?
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwh
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    "Does any one still read these? "

A lot of people tagged out after Steven pulled an M Night and literally wrote himself into the story.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3  Edited By jakob187

I recently read The Gunslinger Born.  I like Peter David's writing a lot on that, as it really fits with the books.  However...I don't know how I feel about Jae Lee's art.  Too much contrast and shadow in it, and a lot of the panels just didn't feel like they fit with what's going on.  It didn't feel like it was moving, more like it was literally just pictures in a book.  =  / 

I'm gonna pick up the others, though, just because I loved all the original DT books.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By goldenkey

Jae Lee is a phenom.  his art is so good it's silly.  the noirish contrast is is something fresh to look at after reading traditional comics.  there are so many good artists out there, and im by no means calling jae the best, it's just something fresh when fresh is needed once in a while. I really enjoyed his work on Inhumans, and ultimate FF, but he did make Reed Richards look more like bubble gum then strechy. and he draws great fight scenes, which I think a lot of artists lack. 
    TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheBug

I'm midway through the second book, so I'm trying to avoid the comics. Don't want any spoilers.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Media_Master

I haven't had a chance to read this series yet.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Moomin123

This looks cool. I love Stephen King novels.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tyler Starke
    @TheBug said:
    " I'm midway through the second book, so I'm trying to avoid the comics. Don't want any spoilers. "
    I just finished all seven, so good luck with those, Some of the books I really enjoyed others not so much, as far as the comics, I think they are pretty good, but the latest arc with Richard penciling instead of Jae kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, there is nothing wrong with Richards art it's just a really hard act to follow Jae's work. I noticed they didn't mention Jae's name in the new series which is a big let down. I'll probably still check them out being a fan of anything Dark Tower but I won't be as excited for them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.