Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6622 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

What are your Rogue Essentials?

krisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By krisis

In the past few weeks I've realized how incredibly under-represented Rogue is in reprints. If you're a new Rogue fan who wants to see her most classic moments you're out of luck - every one of her key issues is either not collected, only in black and white, or in obscure out-of-print collections. 

With Rogue front and center in Legacy it seems time that Marvel put out a "Rogue Classic" volume like they have with Gambit, Deadpool, and Cable - or at least a Rogue Essentials black and white. Otherwise it's going to be YEARS before these issues wind up consistently in Marvel Masterworks and per-title Classics.

What would you choose? Some issues I'd consider: 
    - Her first appearance in Avengers Annual #10 
    - Her first X-Men appearance in Uncanny #158 
    - Her joining the X-Men in #171 (the next few issues are already collected in Wolverine reprints) 
    - Her almost being de-powered in UXM #185 (and the story leading up to it) 
    - Her fight with Carol Danvers in Uncanny #269 and subsequent affair with Magneto 
    - Her date with Gambit in X-Men #24

What else?  Anything prior to UXM #400 and XMv2 2000 is relatively under-collected. Are her mini-series worth re-collecting? I don't remember the first one being very good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.