Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

The Official "Rogue" Discussion Thread

• 83 results
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@time said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@time said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

X-Men Legacy getting cancelled is a good thing. A very good thing.

Uncanny X-Men getting cancel is a good thing. A very very very good thing.

I know. They were both such bad titles.

I actually think X-Men legacy is better than Uncanny X-Men and I think it's better than Wolverine and the X-Men too. It had some good stories, Age of X, tied in with Necrosha and then the Avengers vs X-Men chapters. Uncanny X-Men has been rubbish for 5 years. I'm looking forward to the changes. How about you?

I liked Legacy before Gage came. Right now it's too much Rogue and too little of the other cast members. Yeah, you can say that Mimic and Weapon Omega got their moments, but even then, it was still revolving around Rogue. The AvX tie-ins were the only parts of Gage's run that i actually liked, and i'm talking about the ones where we had everyone needlessly fighting.

Uncanny X-Men is somewhat rubbish, yeah.

Roguegirl24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Roguegirl24

Mike Carey ruined Legacy before Gage did.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By lykopis

Rogue good.

Rogneto bad.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By KDarkholme

I think Rogue and Gambit should be together.

In my opinion she is the best X-Lady ever.

I would love to see her with total recall again just without all the personalities inher head.

TheMinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TheMinister

I have a hard time trying to find a way to start liking Rogue. Any suggestions anybody? To be honest, I used to dislike her more than any female marvel character but she has progressed up on the list. I've noticed she has some fans so what makes her so interesting? She has unique powers which is a plus. Anything else?

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LoganRogue24

try the 90s cartoon thats were i fell in love with her.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By Blood1991

@TheMinister said:

I have a hard time trying to find a way to start liking Rogue. Any suggestions anybody? To be honest, I used to dislike her more than any female marvel character but she has progressed up on the list. I've noticed she has some fans so what makes her so interesting? She has unique powers which is a plus. Anything else?

I used to love Rogue back in the day. She was sexy, kick ass, wild and underneath all that confidence she was alone. She could never touch another person, something we take for granted everyday. Now I don't feel she is any of those things, but I still hold fond memories.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By evilvegeta74

I hope they kill this character forever, she's a female absorbing man, Hope is the powere up version. Rogue gained fame through Fox network,movies and all. In comics as well as the lame 90's fox cartoon Rogue built herself up off Ms.Marvels powers, she 's not credible and mentally unstable , kill her off forever!!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Blood1991

@evilvegeta74 said:

I hope they kill this character forever, she's a female absorbing man, Hope is the powere up version. Rogue gained fame through Fox network,movies and all. In comics as well as the lame 90's fox cartoon Rogue built herself up off Ms.Marvels powers, she 's not credible and mentally unstable , kill her off forever!!

Oh come on now let her fans converse in peace. You don't have to like a character to respect that other people do.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lykopis

@evilvegeta74: How did you get out of the sack? **shoves back inside and triple ties knot this time**

G_I_R_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By G_I_R_L

@evilvegeta74 said:

Why would shewarrant a death? If anyone needs to be killed (again) it's Capt. America and the way he was handled in AvX. At any case, Rogue was pretty popular before she debuted in other media. And you actually use Hope to discredit Rogue? Hope who is clearly a failed Rogue/Jean/Sentry-clone hybrid? Get real.

The 90s X-Men cartoon wasn't bad until the last few episodes of the last season; it worked for it's time and it's arguably the most dedicated to the comics of any Marvel series which is a +.

Rogue's pairing with Sentry was random and arrogant and I have no idea why it was greenlit in the 1st place. As with most comics published by Marvel, I assume consistency to canon wasn't considered. Rogue w/ Magneto is great in AoA; not 616. Rogue w/ Gambit was the best pairing she had, but I don't feel either need to be involved in any relationship. They need to develop more as characters.

If anything, in recent years, Rogue seems to be deevolving ala Harley Quinn; sure, she finally managed to gain control, which should have been a huge leap for her as a character; now she's more Wolverine than Wolverine? Get out.

I wont get into how much I disliked AvX and how I wasn't a fan of many of the well-known X-Men being reserved primarily for tie-ins. At any case, Rogue as a teacher was good because it showed the character in a different light; almost as if she didn't really want that role but was scared to lose it.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By evilvegeta74

Let's get Rogue away from the green get up's, I think she showed Hope where to shop! Hey I didn't say anything bad about Rogue today. I'm doing good! lol!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lykopis

@evilvegeta74:

No Caption Provided
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#64  Edited By time1

So guys, Why did Rogue join the Avengers, what was the point of her leaving the X-Men for the Avengers ?

smeagollk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By smeagollk

@TheMinister: try the x-treme x-men storyline ;) the first volume... she fights for what she's believing, she is strong, funny, even though her powers are somewhat a curse and she can't touch anyone, i think she has the most compassion for others than any other x-men character.. :) and after she loses her powers for a while, there is this incredible force in her character, you know :) she doesn't give up, doesn't take her lack of power as a disadvantage in a fight, she is basically even more badass than before with her ms. marvel powers :)

i don't get why there's so much hate for rogue between comic book fans and it's pretty clear that i am very fond with rogue, cause she is someone i can relate to, and she finds her way to deal with anything on her plate, so if any anti-rogue fan wants to diss me or whatever, have fun, ah ain't givin' up on this southern belle :D

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh man, I have not been that enthralled by Rogue in Uncanny Avengers so far, sort of ho hum, but the new preview actually has me excited, based on Olivier Coipel's art, and because she comes off a bit sassy. I mean meh, a bit too sassy maybe, but still heh heh plus I love Wasp and Wonder Woman too.

No Caption Provided
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lykopis

This whole scene is perf.

The look on Rogue's face as Wasp gets all flustery, angry -- hehehe

This will soothe me for a bit, in the midst of all the crap being hurled about.

Although you would think having yourself on the shoulder of the guy you divorced would be an image you would rather tucked in some shadowed corner...

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@lykopis said:

This whole scene is perf.

The look on Rogue's face as Wasp gets all flustery, angry -- hehehe

This will soothe me for a bit, in the midst of all the crap being hurled about.

Although you would think having yourself on the shoulder of the guy you divorced would be an image you would rather tucked in some shadowed corner...

(Pats shoulder)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lykopis

@FadeToBlackBolt:

**arches eyebrow**

Cobane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Cobane

OK, I have a question for the grand council of the keepers of the secrets of Rogue. My friend and I have been watching this YouTube series called Death Battle and one of the episodes pits Rogue against Wonder Woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OU-6G-oIdQ

To this forum's tastes, Rogue is declared victor. However, I've been debating with my friend if the way they arrived at their conclusion is legit. The makers of this little "What if.." movie posit that Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers could touch Wonder Woman and absorb her powers too...but Wonder Woman's strength will be ADDITIVE to Ms. Marvel's imprint. A math example for this would be

4 (Ms. Marvel strength) + 6 (Wonder Woman strength) = 10

This logic doesn't seem correct to me. My impression of the way Rogue's abilities work is that Rogue can only absorb templates for powers. Yes, she can absorb new powers and use them with existing templates, but if two templates she comes into contact with are strength based she will use the more powerful template. So by my understanding, Rogue would gain strength based off of this logic:

If 4 (Ms. Marvel strength) < 6 (Wonder Woman strength) , then Rogue's strength = 6 (Wonder Woman's strength) after absorbing Wonder Woman's powers.

My question to this forum is, does canon support the additive values of strength or the use of the greatest integer?

Citing examples from issues would be appreciated.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@cobane said:

OK, I have a question for the grand council of the keepers of the secrets of Rogue. My friend and I have been watching this YouTube series called Death Battle and one of the episodes pits Rogue against Wonder Woman.

To this forum's tastes, Rogue is declared victor. However, I've been debating with my friend if the way they arrived at their conclusion is legit. The makers of this little "What if.." movie posit that Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers could touch Wonder Woman and absorb her powers too...but Wonder Woman's strength will be ADDITIVE to Ms. Marvel's imprint. A math example for this would be

This logic doesn't seem correct to me. My impression of the way Rogue's abilities work is that Rogue can only absorb templates for powers. Yes, she can absorb new powers and use them with existing templates, but if two templates she comes into contact with are strength based she will use the more powerful template. So by my understanding, Rogue would gain strength based off of this logic:

If 4 (Ms. Marvel strength) < 6 (Wonder Woman strength) , then Rogue's strength = 6 (Wonder Woman's strength) after absorbing Wonder Woman's powers.

My question to this forum is, does canon support the additive values of strength or the use of the greatest integer?

Interesting first and only post. I do not believe the strength would be additive as you described.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobane said:

Hmm.

I am pretty sure it's additive. I will investigate and get back to you.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

When did this happen?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
    deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm...is this thread still alive? I'm a huge Rogue fan & I'd like to discuss things about her, any1?

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue is less popular right now. Especially last year was bad for her.

If You want to talk. Start talking.

but it will be hard because right now... Rogue is quite 1 dimensional. She loves Gambit and that's You can say about her.

namelessnoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By namelessnoname

Rogue became less popular due to one bad writer after the other treating her as a fling to whoever she started with and did next to nothing with her character. But since the Rogue & Gambit mini series and the Mr. and Ms. X ongoing series, Rogue is not only back to her 90s character, but acting like a real person who has come to realize the mistakes she's made in the past, she wants to correct them and move on with the man (Gambit) she loves, the same goes for Gambit as well. Mr. and Ms. X issue #4 has Rogue realizing that she doesn't want another quick fix to her powers, she wants to control them on her own.

So if anything, this past year has had Rogue become a strong confident self determine person who has committed herself to marriage and fixing her abilities. She's not closing herself off from everyone, nor is she running and hiding from her problems, she's far from being just someone's love interest or being one dimensional.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason no one is really talking about Rogue because honestly there really isn't anything new to talk about. He super strength has been done before to death and her lack of control has been done before. Nothing new you can really say about those things. Storyline wise it isn't like she is in some big event that revolves around her.

Rogue character has in my opinion has potential to crossover into any other marvel property if done correctly but yet is always used as nothing more than a Ms. Marvel replacement when needed. Like she can absorb an Asgardian and do a crossover with Thor, absorb a scientist and crossover with Iron Man, Absorb a martial artist and crossover with Captain American, etc.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

What are guys talking about?

Rogue is the most developed X-men character.

She became the leader of Uncanny Avengers and that's a huge achievement for an X-man to lead an Avengers team.

and she just got married to Gambit and they both get the Mr and Mrs X titles and gets a series.

Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For any new Rogue Fan I would recommend her Legacy run in which I think she was her best. Then Uncanny Avengers and X-treme X-Men which were also some of her best runs. I wasn't and am not a big fan of Ms. Marvel Rogue simply because I don't think there was any memorable moment she had when with Ms. Marvel powerset. Although if you are coming from the X-Men Animated Series and that is why you like her I would say the 80's and 90's comics featuring her is you game. Those coming from the Live action or X-Men Evolution(Best X-Men animated series) I would recommend Legacy, X-treme X-Men, Rogue and Gambit Solo, Uncanny Avengers and Mr. and Mrs. X.

Avatar image for tohellandback23
    ToHellAndBack23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unpopular opinion now, but Rogue and Gambit have not clicked as a couple since a long time and even while i love their dinamic and their stories together as friends are fun, the romantic part of it is just tiring

LSROTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen anything that shows that Rogue has become unpopular in anyway or why she and Gambit don't click. Your gonna have to go into details on that, not a bias opinion. The Legacy run just turned Rogue into an overpower character, who could somehow use other character's powers better than they could, she was the center of attention and everyone else was just wallpaper, sounds as if someone wants her to be a Mary Sue.

Skywalker21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can she recall?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.